Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    Can you tell me a little more about your free line promotion of 6gb? I was told select choice only can have max of 5 lines, I had to cancel all my tablet lines from my grandfather plan .
    The three free lines are 6GB Mobile Internet lines. The promotions were from the Get 2 Lines On Us and their Get A Line On Us promos.

The 3 free lines are not phone lines, technically, but each of the free Mobile Internet lines are being used in unlocked, non-T-Mobile branded cell phones, using Google Voice/Hangouts to make and receive voice calls and text messages.

So I cannot complain about my plan where I get 8 lines of service (5 Voice and 3 "Mobile Internet") for $80 per month, with taxes/fees included.

Feedback Score
    Is there a downside going with Metro or Sprint besides losing free International Roaming
    Sprint has much worse domestic coverage than T-Mobile and it's not getting better. MetroPCS lacks the data roaming which is important at least until T-Mobile expands its network more.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Is there a downside going with Metro or Sprint besides losing free International Roaming
    With Metro has roaming in Canada and Mexico and much (if not all) of T-Mobile's domestic roaming (e.g. Viaero, Commnet). Sprint seems to have basically no data roaming on Verizon. Apparently they're still offering their free service for one year deal. Your phone has to be on the list of supported models and you have to pay for the SIM and taxes and fees. Essentially, they credit you for the service plan charge.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    If I were the OP, I would take T-Mobile's offer of the $50 Select Choice FAM UNL TT+D with $5 add a lines and place all the lines on the included 30MB data feature. You will pay $65 (plus taxes/fees) for 5 lines of service.

You get all the benefits of Simple Choice with Select Choice, including Simple Global, Music Freedom, Un-Contract Guarantee, GoGo In-Flight Benefits, and Mobile Hotspot support.

At least you will save $25 per month over your current plan (and you will not be helping T-Mobile at increasing their ARPU by moving to this plan). However, if you and your family cannot live without high-speed data on cellular, then I would look at alternatives and find a service that works well within your budget. If you do file a formal complaint, at this point, I do not see how any entity will force T-Mobile to give you your old plan back, even though it is unfortunate. And, at least with Select Choice, you are under the Un-Contract Guarantee that states your plan and services will not change or increase without your permission (which gives me, personally, a glimmer of faint hope my plan will not change by being on this plan).

If you can live with throttled data on cellular, everything will work fine, except video. You can stream and download audio files at full data speeds, Facebook loads slowly, webpages also load slowly, maps work fine, basic games that are already downloaded to a phone can still be played (some will load fast while others will be slow), and videos will not load (unless you open the YouTube app and select the video resolution to 144p).

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    The three free lines are 6GB Mobile Internet lines. The promotions were from the Get 2 Lines On Us and their Get A Line On Us promos.

The 3 free lines are not phone lines, technically, but each of the free Mobile Internet lines are being used in unlocked, non-T-Mobile branded cell phones, using Google Voice/Hangouts to make and receive voice calls and text messages.

So I cannot complain about my plan where I get 8 lines of service (5 Voice and 3 "Mobile Internet") for $80 per month, with taxes/fees included.
    i was told by T-Mobile that Select Choice can not have more than 5 lines including data tablet plans.

Feedback Score
    i was told by T-Mobile that Select Choice can not have more than 5 lines including data tablet plans.
    Unfortunately, Reps will tell you anything. You can have up to 5 Voice Lines and 5 Mobile Internet Lines on Select Choice.

Edit : Just as a test, I took over my Dad's $10 5GB Mobile Internet line today on my Select Choice plan. So now I have 5 Voice lines and 4 Mobile Internet lines on my account.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by schippma; 02-01-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    MetroPCS lacks the data roaming which is important at least until T-Mobile expands its network more.
    It's not that important at all. T-Mobile only gives you 200 MB of data roaming anyway which is a very small amount:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3299

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Everyone on grandfathered plan should be careful when speaking to rep in store. These store employees are commission based and some of them will mess with your account to earn commission. I would be very careful not to give the rep my phone number, for example.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, Reps will tell you anything. You can have up to 5 Voice Lines and 5 Mobile Internet Lines on Select Choice.

Edit : Just as a test, I took over my Dad's $10 5GB Mobile Internet line today on my Select Choice plan. So now I have 5 Voice lines and 4 Mobile Internet lines on my account.
    This is executive resolution team’s representative
    I guess I fill escalate this further by contacting John Legere

Feedback Score

What is the name of your 6gb free mobile data plan?

Feedback Score
    What is the name of your 6gb free mobile data plan?
    The 3 free 6GB Mobile Internet lines are the standard Simple Choice North America MI 6GB $35 rate plans with a $35 permanent credit applied to each of the lines, making them a net cost of $0 per month. These offers were only a limited time offering. I would not expect anyone from any team to have access to placing a similar permanent credit on your account as these offerings were from over a year ago.

Executive Resolutions, if they really advised you of a 5 line limit for both Mobile Internet lines and Voice lines combined on a Select Choice Family plan, that information is indeed incorrect and is why I posted a screen shot for you showing I now have 9 active lines on a Select Choice Family plan (5 Voice and 4 Mobile Internet). I can assure you Select Choice Family plans can have a maximum of 5 Voice and 5 Mobile Internet lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    File FCC complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi

I found a HoFo member (xarlon)who originally had a grandfathered family plan & then switched to a Simple Choice plan & then switched back to his original plan. Here’s the quote: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16760521
    Maybe you should contact him thru PM to get further info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    Hi

I found a HoFo member (xarlon)who originally had a grandfathered family plan & then switched to a Simple Choice plan & then switched back to his original plan. Here’s the quote: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post16760521
    Maybe you should contact him thru PM to get further info.
    thanks!I’ll also contact John Legere, to further escalate !

Feedback Score

Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

The 3 free 6GB Mobile Internet lines are the standard Simple Choice North America MI 6GB $35 rate plans with a $35 permanent credit applied to each of the lines, making them a net cost of $0 per month. These offers were only a limited time offering. I would not expect anyone from any team to have access to placing a similar permanent credit on your account as these offerings were from over a year ago.

Executive Resolutions, if they really advised you of a 5 line limit for both Mobile Internet lines and Voice lines combined on a Select Choice Family plan, that information is indeed incorrect and is why I posted a screen shot for you showing I now have 9 active lines on a Select Choice Family plan (5 Voice and 4 Mobile Internet). I can assure you Select Choice Family plans can have a maximum of 5 Voice and 5 Mobile Internet lines.
    Are you able to add voice line beyond 5? Does wearable plan count as tablet or phone?

Today I logged in T-mobile.com there was an option to add more voice or data but when I try to, it asks me to call.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast