Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

Feedback Score
    I only had the SC plan a few days before I was able to switch it back to the FT minutes plan back when they had a grace period. They've since tried to lock all grandfathered plans out of any new deals using them as leverage to get you to switch to the more expensive plans. Sounds like they might be surreptitiously testing the waters to force migrate everyone again. Legere is highly aware of the backlash they will encounter on social media if they do that so I'm guessing it's probably just few rogue agents. Regardless, they have promised numerous times (on Twitter and
    T-Mobile support website) that they will not force people to migrate onto new plans and that all current customers can keep their plans.
    Name:  legere111111.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  28.6 KB
    Name:  legere222222.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  35.9 KB
    Name:  legertwitter33333.PNG
Views: 258
Size:  26.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    Are you able to add voice line beyond 5? Does wearable plan count as tablet or phone?

Today I logged in T-mobile.com there was an option to add more voice or data but when I try to, it asks me to call.
    Select Choice Family plans have a maximum of 5 Voice lines and 5 Tablet/Mobile HotSpot/Wearable/LineLink Lines.

T-Mobile places Mobile Internet devices into a separate add a line category than voice lines. So, if you wanted to add a wearable line to a Select Choice Family plan and you already have 5 Voice lines, you could add up to 5 Wearable lines, or any combination of 5 Mobile Internet lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would call out TMobile. Start at FCC/BBB, from there, it should bring up ERT, and you can file a suit in small claims or arbitration. If this is happening in large scale, TV media will be over this as they were with At&t and its old unlimited service.

TMobile has access to their own billing system. If they can't give back your old plan and cost... They can give you service credits on a new plan to match your old plan.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    Select Choice Family plans have a maximum of 5 Voice lines and 5 Tablet/Mobile HotSpot/Wearable/LineLink Lines.

T-Mobile places Mobile Internet devices into a separate add a line category than voice lines. So, if you wanted to add a wearable line to a Select Choice Family plan and you already have 5 Voice lines, you could add up to 5 Wearable lines, or any combination of 5 Mobile Internet lines.
    Do you know if wearable plan can be used on iPhone or smart phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    Do you know if wearable plan can be used on iPhone or smart phones?
    No, Wearable plans are strictly for wearables. I believe T-Mobile blocks any Wearable plan from being used on any device not a T-Mobile branded wearable device.

You can, however, just as I do, use a Simple Choice North America Mobile Internet plan as a cellular plan. As long as the cellular device is not a T-Mobile branded device, you can place a Mobile Internet SIM in that device and use the cellular data connection for voice calling and text messaging using the Google Voice/Hangouts app. I use this setup for the 4 Mobile Internet lines on my Select Choice Family plan. Google Voice/Hangouts allows you to make and receive voice and text services over Wi-Fi or the cellular network. You cannot tell the difference (most of the time) from this setup and a standard cellular line of service. And, at times, this setup is better than a traditional cellular line since voice and text service work with a Wi-Fi connection or a cellular data connection (and Google Voice/Hangouts is more reliable than T-Mobile's own Wi-Fi Calling in my experience).

Feedback Score
    I have been T-Mobile customers for nearly 12 years. I have had my Preferred Family plan for numerous years, my account was fraudulently changed by an T-Mobile representative in a T-Mobile store as they claim. They are not willing to disclose any further information. I was changed to T-Mobile One $200 for 5 lines.

Subsequently, I filed complaint with T-Mobile Executive Resolution Team, after weeks of attempts they were not able to change my plan back to due “system limitations” etc. I was offered select choice with unlimited data which is significantly more expensive. While I don’t need unlimited data on majority of the lines , but even with the lowest tier data plan, the new price exceed my original plan significantly.
    Is there any recourse I have to restore my original plan?

Preferred Family Plan for 39.99
    9.99 unlimited family text message
    3xAAL 5.00 each
    1xT-Zone 5.99
    4x$5 PAU
    Preferred Family Allowance Free
    Total Bill before tax was around $91

Offered Select Choice
    Select Choice UNL TT $50
    3x$5 AAL
    5x$20 Unlimited data with 5 gb Mobile Hotspot

Total Bill would be ~165 before tax,

Additional data choices include
    Free 30Mb data
    $10 for 3gb
    $15 for 6gb
    Was this ever resolved? I assume PAU = Preferred Android Unlimited.

If they couldn't put it all the way back to the original play, I'd try to get this:

old plan: $91 + 15% taxfees= $104.65

T-Mobile One 5 lines
    70+50+20+20+20= $180

Apply $10 Kickback for each line that stays below 2 GB (no kickback above 2 GB)
    $180-5x$10 Kickback= $130

Apply 20% Hookup
    $130 * .8 = $104

Note: Maximum bill would be $180*.8=$144

Note 2: There is currently a T-Mobile promo that could make the first 4 lines cost $140 instead of $160. This might be a good option if they won't give you Hookup.
    70+50+20+0 +20= $160
    $160-4x$10 Kickback= $120
    More on reddit: /r/tmobile/comments/7wdmsp/add_a_line_valentine_add_one_get_another_free_at/
    Last edited by terrasol; 02-10-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3