Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

Feedback Score
    I only had the SC plan a few days before I was able to switch it back to the FT minutes plan back when they had a grace period. They've since tried to lock all grandfathered plans out of any new deals using them as leverage to get you to switch to the more expensive plans. Sounds like they might be surreptitiously testing the waters to force migrate everyone again. Legere is highly aware of the backlash they will encounter on social media if they do that so I'm guessing it's probably just few rogue agents. Regardless, they have promised numerous times (on Twitter and
    T-Mobile support website) that they will not force people to migrate onto new plans and that all current customers can keep their plans.
    Name:  legere111111.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  28.6 KB
    Name:  legere222222.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  35.9 KB
    Name:  legertwitter33333.PNG
Views: 481
Size:  26.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    Are you able to add voice line beyond 5? Does wearable plan count as tablet or phone?

Today I logged in T-mobile.com there was an option to add more voice or data but when I try to, it asks me to call.
    Select Choice Family plans have a maximum of 5 Voice lines and 5 Tablet/Mobile HotSpot/Wearable/LineLink Lines.

T-Mobile places Mobile Internet devices into a separate add a line category than voice lines. So, if you wanted to add a wearable line to a Select Choice Family plan and you already have 5 Voice lines, you could add up to 5 Wearable lines, or any combination of 5 Mobile Internet lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would call out TMobile. Start at FCC/BBB, from there, it should bring up ERT, and you can file a suit in small claims or arbitration. If this is happening in large scale, TV media will be over this as they were with At&t and its old unlimited service.

TMobile has access to their own billing system. If they can't give back your old plan and cost... They can give you service credits on a new plan to match your old plan.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    Select Choice Family plans have a maximum of 5 Voice lines and 5 Tablet/Mobile HotSpot/Wearable/LineLink Lines.

T-Mobile places Mobile Internet devices into a separate add a line category than voice lines. So, if you wanted to add a wearable line to a Select Choice Family plan and you already have 5 Voice lines, you could add up to 5 Wearable lines, or any combination of 5 Mobile Internet lines.
    Do you know if wearable plan can be used on iPhone or smart phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    Do you know if wearable plan can be used on iPhone or smart phones?
    No, Wearable plans are strictly for wearables. I believe T-Mobile blocks any Wearable plan from being used on any device not a T-Mobile branded wearable device.

You can, however, just as I do, use a Simple Choice North America Mobile Internet plan as a cellular plan. As long as the cellular device is not a T-Mobile branded device, you can place a Mobile Internet SIM in that device and use the cellular data connection for voice calling and text messaging using the Google Voice/Hangouts app. I use this setup for the 4 Mobile Internet lines on my Select Choice Family plan. Google Voice/Hangouts allows you to make and receive voice and text services over Wi-Fi or the cellular network. You cannot tell the difference (most of the time) from this setup and a standard cellular line of service. And, at times, this setup is better than a traditional cellular line since voice and text service work with a Wi-Fi connection or a cellular data connection (and Google Voice/Hangouts is more reliable than T-Mobile's own Wi-Fi Calling in my experience).

Feedback Score
    I have been T-Mobile customers for nearly 12 years. I have had my Preferred Family plan for numerous years, my account was fraudulently changed by an T-Mobile representative in a T-Mobile store as they claim. They are not willing to disclose any further information. I was changed to T-Mobile One $200 for 5 lines.

Subsequently, I filed complaint with T-Mobile Executive Resolution Team, after weeks of attempts they were not able to change my plan back to due “system limitations” etc. I was offered select choice with unlimited data which is significantly more expensive. While I don’t need unlimited data on majority of the lines , but even with the lowest tier data plan, the new price exceed my original plan significantly.
    Is there any recourse I have to restore my original plan?

Preferred Family Plan for 39.99
    9.99 unlimited family text message
    3xAAL 5.00 each
    1xT-Zone 5.99
    4x$5 PAU
    Preferred Family Allowance Free
    Total Bill before tax was around $91

Offered Select Choice
    Select Choice UNL TT $50
    3x$5 AAL
    5x$20 Unlimited data with 5 gb Mobile Hotspot

Total Bill would be ~165 before tax,

Additional data choices include
    Free 30Mb data
    $10 for 3gb
    $15 for 6gb
    Was this ever resolved? I assume PAU = Preferred Android Unlimited.

If they couldn't put it all the way back to the original play, I'd try to get this:

old plan: $91 + 15% taxfees= $104.65

T-Mobile One 5 lines
    70+50+20+20+20= $180

Apply $10 Kickback for each line that stays below 2 GB (no kickback above 2 GB)
    $180-5x$10 Kickback= $130

Apply 20% Hookup
    $130 * .8 = $104

Note: Maximum bill would be $180*.8=$144

Note 2: There is currently a T-Mobile promo that could make the first 4 lines cost $140 instead of $160. This might be a good option if they won't give you Hookup.
    70+50+20+0 +20= $160
    $160-4x$10 Kickback= $120
    More on reddit: /r/tmobile/comments/7wdmsp/add_a_line_valentine_add_one_get_another_free_at/
    Last edited by terrasol; 02-10-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    The 3 free 6GB Mobile Internet lines are the standard Simple Choice North America MI 6GB $35 rate plans with a $35 permanent credit applied to each of the lines, making them a net cost of $0 per month. These offers were only a limited time offering. I would not expect anyone from any team to have access to placing a similar permanent credit on your account as these offerings were from over a year ago.

Executive Resolutions, if they really advised you of a 5 line limit for both Mobile Internet lines and Voice lines combined on a Select Choice Family plan, that information is indeed incorrect and is why I posted a screen shot for you showing I now have 9 active lines on a Select Choice Family plan (5 Voice and 4 Mobile Internet). I can assure you Select Choice Family plans can have a maximum of 5 Voice and 5 Mobile Internet lines.
    Are you also able to add Free MI Data on demand lines?

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Are you also able to add Free MI Data on demand lines?

I am able to add the free On-Demand plans to my account. However, the On-Demand plans have changed. They no longer include 200MB of free data. You can only purchase data passes starting at $10 per week for 1GB of high-speed data (or $5 for a one day pass for 500MB of high-speed data).

Feedback Score
    I am able to add the free On-Demand plans to my account. However, the On-Demand plans have changed. They no longer include 200MB of free data. You can only purchase data passes starting at $10 per week for 1GB of high-speed data (or $5 for a one day pass for 500MB of high-speed data).
    Ok I added 3 Free data on demand MI lines to my account too only costed .99 Per Sim Card & I received $35 Cash Back per line from www.befrugal.com plus a $10 sign up bonus. Not bad over $100 free counting sim card purchases plus the free lines work great for T-mobile Tuesday.

I actually ported one of the free MI lines to Xfinity Mobile last week & 2 days later I added another MI free line by using befrugal again. I call this a money maker!!

Figured is I do this couple times a year it helps pay my T-mobile bill. I also have 2 free digits with paired data promo beta lines. If you interested in this cash back deal PM for additional information. TIA Ron .

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Ok I added 3 Free data on demand MI lines to my account too only costed .99 Per Sim Card & I received $35 Cash Back per line from www.befrugal.com plus a $10 sign up bonus. Not bad over $100 free counting sim card purchases plus the free lines work great for T-mobile Tuesday.

I actually ported one of the free MI lines to Xfinity Mobile last week & 2 days later I added another MI free line by using befrugal again. I call this a money maker!!

Figured is I do this couple times a year it helps pay my T-mobile bill. I also have 2 free digits with paired data promo beta lines. If you interested in this cash back deal PM for additional information. TIA Ron .

I will keep this in mind, thanks.

At the moment, T-Mobile wants to charge me a $250 deposit for each new line I want to add to my account. They say I have reached the maximum number of lines without charging a deposit on my account. So until this gets resolved, I guess I will not be adding any more lines anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    I will keep this in mind, thanks.

At the moment, T-Mobile wants to charge me a $250 deposit for each new line I want to add to my account. They say I have reached the maximum number of lines without charging a deposit on my account. So until this gets resolved, I guess I will not be adding any more lines anytime soon.
    I thought postpaid doesn't require a deposit? How many years have you been with T-Mobile? I have 10 lines Total with a legacy grandfathered voice plan & have never been asked for a deposit.

Feedback Score
    I thought postpaid doesn't require a deposit? How many years have you been with T-Mobile? I have 10 lines Total with a legacy grandfathered voice plan & have never been asked for a deposit.

I have a total of 10 voice lines and 8 Mobile Internet lines split between 3 accounts in my name. I do have a team trying to get the deposit situation resolved since my credit is not bad. But yes, T-Mobile does charge deposits for postpaid accounts.

Feedback Score
    I have a total of 10 voice lines and 8 Mobile Internet lines split between 3 accounts in my name. I do have a team trying to get the deposit situation resolved since my credit is not bad. But yes, T-Mobile does charge deposits for postpaid accounts.
    Why do you have 3 account's under your name? Is it necessary or required for some reason? Also is that why TMO wants a deposit? So could I get a second account too just for MI data on demand lines? TIA Ron

Feedback Score
    Why do you have 3 account's under your name? Is it necessary or required for some reason? Also is that why TMO wants a deposit? So could I get a second account too just for MI data on demand lines? TIA Ron

I have 2 accounts with Mobile Internet lines only and 1 account with voice lines only. T-Mobile has a 5 line Mobile Internet limit per account, so that's why I opened 2 other accounts in my name. Every Mobile Internet line is actually a "voice" line using Google Voice/Hangouts on the $10 2GB SC NA MI plans and I have 3 free 6GB SC NA MI plans. My whole family goes through me for their cell service, so it helps each of us to share the bill.

I think having separate accounts, one for voice and one for Mobile Internet lines makes things simpler for me.

It is a up hill battle getting T-Mobile to create another BAN in your name. I had to spend hours arguing with an Activations supervisor to finally get another BAN in my name. This is probably why T-Mobile is asking me for a deposit but I do have a ticket filed to get it fixed, if possible.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 accounts with Mobile Internet lines only and 1 account with voice lines only. T-Mobile has a 5 line Mobile Internet limit per account, so that's why I opened 2 other accounts in my name. Every Mobile Internet line is actually a "voice" line using Google Voice/Hangouts on the $10 2GB SC NA MI plans and I have 3 free 6GB SC NA MI plans. My whole family goes through me for their cell service, so it helps each of us to share the bill.

I think having separate accounts, one for voice and one for Mobile Internet lines makes things simpler for me.

It is a up hill battle getting T-Mobile to create another BAN in your name. I had to spend hours arguing with an Activations supervisor to finally get another BAN in my name. This is probably why T-Mobile is asking me for a deposit but I do have a ticket filed to get it fixed, if possible.
    Ok this makes sense so I could probably try to get TMO to open another MI account under my name but it might be a struggle lol. So how does your family feel about using Google Voice/Hangouts for calls & texts? I know I use a Google Voice # for when I'm selling stuff online to not give my real regular # & it seems to work well for me too.

If it was up to me I would remove the 9.99 family text plan with T-Mobile & just get everyone to use Google Voice or Facebook Messenger or some other platform for text & mms but wife would never go with that.

It is nice having 2 free digits with paired data beta promo MI lines tho as I use one in a ZTE Quartz Watch & the other in a spare back up phone. Also so T-mobile blocks MI Data lines when placed in TMO branded phones? Because my MI Data on demand lines work fine in TMO branded phones for T-mobile Tuesday stuff.

Lastly I kinda found an Googe Fi loop hole or Hack, etc. Someone else on here said that you could get free slow data using unactivated Fi Sim cards in a TMO branded or unlocked GSM phones. So I actually ordered 6 SIM cards using an old but valid pre paid gift card with a zero balance just to be safe. I just had to sign up using a Googe Gmail account & refer my other email address to add them for up to 5 more sim cards.

I tested it in a T-Mobile LG G5 & was getting 56 kbps which is like dial up speeds from 20 years ago but it works great for calls/texts using GV with Hangouts as someone said it uses very little data & doesn't require fast speeds to work. I also installed Opera Mini & Opera Browser which with testing I was able to get on websites like Amazon, eBay, Craigslist, Google & a few other's. Some users reported getting up to 150 ish kbps speeds.

I guess this could be a good thing for low income and or homeless people who just need basic phone and service. I just wonder if this loophole will be closer ever? This could kinda be ever better than FreedomPop as they only give 200mb of free high speed data & then it's cut off.

I'm also thinking of porting 2 of my MI Data lines to Sprint for the free year thing as I already have 3 Sprint sim cards that I order for free using Twigby promo code wootfreesim & may even get $8 cash back per sim card using ExtraBux cash back site. I also am thinking of trying/testing FreedomPop too just as an experiment type thing.

Thinking I'll maybe write an article/blog telling people how to get free and or cheap cell service? Guess I'm just a tech junkie or something LoL . Well nice chatting with you & have a wonderful day!!

All the best,
    Ron.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast