Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

Feedback Score

Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

I have been T-Mobile customers for nearly 12 years. I have had my Preferred Family plan for numerous years, my account was fraudulently changed by an T-Mobile representative in a T-Mobile store as they claim. They are not willing to disclose any further information. I was changed to T-Mobile One $200 for 5 lines.

Subsequently, I filed complaint with T-Mobile Executive Resolution Team, after weeks of attempts they were not able to change my plan back to due “system limitations” etc. I was offered select choice with unlimited data which is significantly more expensive. While I don’t need unlimited data on majority of the lines , but even with the lowest tier data plan, the new price exceed my original plan significantly.
    Is there any recourse I have to restore my original plan?

Preferred Family Plan for 39.99
    9.99 unlimited family text message
    3xAAL 5.00 each
    1xT-Zone 5.99
    4x$5 PAU
    Preferred Family Allowance Free
    Total Bill before tax was around $91

Offered Select Choice
    Select Choice UNL TT $50
    3x$5 AAL
    5x$20 Unlimited data with 5 gb Mobile Hotspot

Total Bill would be ~165 before tax,

Additional data choices include
    Free 30Mb data
    $10 for 3gb
    $15 for 6gb

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've seen this type of thing come up in the past (for other carriers too). The carrier has the right to raise prices. How and when they do that is up to them-- i.e. I don't believe you have a legal right to your prior plan.

The market conditions dictate 'fair' as in is there a competitor that can do better for you. i.e. perhaps cricket wireless or one of the others can get you same or better pricing. And actually I would see what Cricket has for you if the native ATT network is good where you live. And yes, handset cost is expensive so it likely matters if your handsets are unlock-able and can be used on ATT/Cricket or you have to factor in cost of new phones.

I hope you can get T-mobile to give you back your plan,

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    I have been T-Mobile customers for nearly 12 years. I have had my Preferred Family plan for numerous years, my account was fraudulently changed by an T-Mobile representative in a T-Mobile store as they claim. They are not willing to disclose any further information. I was changed to T-Mobile One $200 for 5 lines.

Subsequently, I filed complaint with T-Mobile Executive Resolution Team, after weeks of attempts they were not able to change my plan back to due “system limitations” etc. I was offered select choice with unlimited data which is significantly more expensive. While I don’t need unlimited data on majority of the lines , but even with the lowest tier data plan, the new price exceed my original plan significantly.

3xAAL 5.00 each
    1xT-Zone 5.99
    4x$5 PAU

Offered Select Choice
    Select Choice UNL TT $50
    3x$5 AAL

Free 30Mb data
    $10 for 3gb
    $15 for 6gb
    File FCC complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    A number of us here were migrated off grandfathered plans to something different. None of us are under a rate plan contract any more, so there's no right to keep your current plan past the end of the month. Your only complaint is how they went about changing your plan, not that it was changed. If your phones aren't already unlocked, get them unlocked and check out the pricing at Cricket or Consumer Cellular.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    OP: You did what you suppose to do. Talk to T-mobile executive line. You can talk to the CEO, he will respond your email.

It is true what other say, T-mobile can change your rate plan. But the keyword here is "fraudulently", so it looks like someone tried to mess with your lines, someone unauthorized at a t-mobile store, with partial information about yourself as they couldn't completely hack you. I this is the case, you have more chances of finding out when and where this happen if you have some kind of police report and show this to T-mobile. is this what happen to you? It can also be that someone tried to get a new phone, change sim card, someone in your family, change anything and it just went wrong.
    As for t-mobile, they are still getting rid of all those plans and changing them to a newer one. But they usually send you a notice, regular mail, have you to call a number so they can give you offers. Perhaps you got this notice and ignore it so they went ahead and do it.

I dont know, find out what happen.

Feedback Score
    I am able to empathize with your frustration, and I disagree with the other posters' assertion about T-Mobile having the right to raise prices. If I were you I would NOT let this drop. Demand something. They WRONGED YOU. Demand a free iPhone / a zero down iPhone X or something. I'd be pretty stewed too if my wireless carrier changed my plan to something I couldn't afford to pay. Don't go down without a fight.

Feedback Score
    Here's the link to file the FCC complaint. Since it's about a billing issue, the FCC will make them respond in 30 days:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

I think there are limitations to the plans that they can setup which is why they offered Select Choice. But yes, Select Choice clearly isn't a bargain in your case compared to the old plan.

Hopefully with the FCC pressure they will get one of their tech guys to override their system to restore your plan---assuming that it is possible.

As for alternatives, I see Metro is offering four lines of unlimited at $100. (Taxes included). I couldn't figure out from the website how much an additional 5th line would be. But Metro is on the T-Mobile network, so your service should still be the same quality.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Grandfather Plan forced migrated fraudulently!Any recourse?

How did the store employee change it? Were you there for something else?
    Last edited by blacksurfer; 01-30-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score

3xAAL 5.00 each
    1xT-Zone 5.99
    4x$5 PAU

Offered Select Choice
    Select Choice UNL TT $50
    3x$5 AAL

Free 30Mb data
    $10 for 3gb
    $15 for 6gb
    Unfortunately, I was forced migrated from the same plan you had to the $50 Select Choice FAM UNL TT+D plan with $5 add a lines.

I placed all the lines on the 30MB high-speed data feature. Yes, the data is slower compared to having unlimited high-speed data but most things work just fine, except video. Our family is usually around WiFi for the data intensive stuff and we use cellular data for the basics. For $80 per month for 8 lines (with taxes/fees included in that price) for unlimited talk, text, and data, it's a hard plan to beat.

Also, I took advantage of the free line promotions T-Mobile offered a little over a year ago. So I have 3 free Mobile Internet lines each with 6GB of high-speed data that include Data Stash and Binge On, which helps if I need to tether a device to one of these lines to take advantage of high-speed data when that is needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    How did the store employee change it? Were you there for something else?
    Haven’t been to a store for years! They told me it’s an internal investigation, they can not share any details .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    Unfortunately, I was forced migrated from the same plan you had to the $50 Select Choice FAM UNL TT+D plan with $5 add a lines.

I placed all the lines on the 30MB high-speed data feature. Yes, the data is slower compared to having unlimited high-speed data but most things work just fine, except video. Our family is usually around WiFi for the data intensive stuff and we use cellular data for the basics. For $80 per month for 8 lines (with taxes/fees included in that price) for unlimited talk, text, and data, it's a hard plan to beat.

Also, I took advantage of the free line promotions T-Mobile offered a little over a year ago. So I have 3 free Mobile Internet lines each with 6GB of high-speed data that include Data Stash and Binge On, which helps if I need to tether a device to one of these lines to take advantage of high-speed data when that is needed.
    Can you tell me a little more about your free line promotion of 6gb? I was told select choice only can have max of 5 lines, I had to cancel all my tablet lines from my grandfather plan .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boitoy1996 View Post
    I am able to empathize with your frustration, and I disagree with the other posters' assertion about T-Mobile having the right to raise prices. If I were you I would NOT let this drop. Demand something. They WRONGED YOU. Demand a free iPhone / a zero down iPhone X or something. I'd be pretty stewed too if my wireless carrier changed my plan to something I couldn't afford to pay. Don't go down without a fight.
    They offered me 3 months of free service, they said they tried for weeks, tech guy couldn’t override the system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Here's the link to file the FCC complaint. Since it's about a billing issue, the FCC will make them respond in 30 days:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

I think there are limitations to the plans that they can setup which is why they offered Select Choice. But yes, Select Choice clearly isn't a bargain in your case compared to the old plan.

Hopefully with the FCC pressure they will get one of their tech guys to override their system to restore your plan---assuming that it is possible.

As for alternatives, I see Metro is offering four lines of unlimited at $100. (Taxes included). I couldn't figure out from the website how much an additional 5th line would be. But Metro is on the T-Mobile network, so your service should still be the same quality.
    Is there a downside going with Metro or Sprint besides losing free International Roaming

Feedback Score

3xAAL 5.00 each
    1xT-Zone 5.99
    4x$5 PAU

Offered Select Choice
    Select Choice UNL TT $50
    3x$5 AAL

Free 30Mb data
    $10 for 3gb
    $15 for 6gb
    I don't know how much data you use. I think I can show you a better plan than the previous one you were on.
    It is unlimited talk and text, no data, each line for 25 bucks
    it will be 100 bucks for you.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like they did a forced migration but don't want to admit it and then strung you along by saying they were trying to get your plan back when they knew darn well the system won't let you get that plan back. Legally you have no right to your plan even if you are on contract they can change it, they just have to let you out of your contract without an ETF. So complain all you want to the FCC but the FCC has no authority to dictate which plans a carrier offers or what they can charge for them.

Look at what happened with Verizon and the video throttle. People were still on contracts and they were being throttled. You could of course get out of contract but some reps wouldn't do it and so you may have to file a notice of dispute. But in the end, you have no right to force them to let you keep a plan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast