Thread: AT&T Prepaid / Cricket add 85k subs for Q4 2017

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

AT&T Prepaid / Cricket add 85k subs for Q4 2017

Name:  k7AOGzP.png
Views: 711
Size:  114.9 KB

Not much of a quarter for adding prepaid subs for AT&T.

Will be interesting to see if Cricket stays true to their word and starts improving on their phone selection and prices now that the Rewards program is finished.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Not much of a quarter for adding prepaid subs for AT&T.
    Nope but overall net additions of 329K sure beat the -67K loss a year ago.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Nope but overall net additions of 329K sure beat the -67K loss a year ago.
    It will be interesting to watch net additions to prepaid subscribers in first 2-3 quarters of 2018. In 4th quarter 2017 AT&T moved from subsidizing Cricket subscribers to making Cricket a profit center. It will certainly result in Cricket losing some subscribers. In my group of 5 lines for $100 plan I lost two lines to MetroPCS. Such loss may or may not be limited to people who have a deep understanding of competing prices among MVNOs. We will know soon what is the effect on total subscribers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emily1995 View Post
    It will be interesting to watch net additions to prepaid subscribers in first 2-3 quarters of 2018. In 4th quarter 2017 AT&T moved from subsidizing Cricket subscribers to making Cricket a profit center. It will certainly result in Cricket losing some subscribers. In my group of 5 lines for $100 plan I lost two lines to MetroPCS. Such loss may or may not be limited to people who have a deep understanding of competing prices among MVNOs. We will know soon what is the effect on total subscribers.
    As AT&T worsens Cricket, I think that any losses will mainly go to AT&T postpaid or Verizon. Not many Cricket subscribers would put up with T-Mobile's network on MetroPCS.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Metro or T mobile doesn’t work indoor well even you are in big cities, it’s fast outside on roads but barely usable inside office or building. Should compare Cricket to Verizon prepaid or it’s MVNO ....Apple to Apple comparison

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Deleted..........

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    It's a wonder there are any increases anywhere. The total us population is around 320 mil, total wireless customers of the big 4 is about 310 mil, 25% of population is 21 yr s or younger, and the population is growing at only .7%/yr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    It's a wonder there are any increases anywhere. The total us population is around 320 mil, total wireless customers of the big 4 is about 310 mil, 25% of population is 21 yr s or younger, and the population is growing at only .7%/yr.
    IOT. Many people have multiple lines. Tablets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Metro or T mobile doesn’t work indoor well even you are in big cities, it’s fast outside on roads but barely usable inside office or building. Should compare Cricket to Verizon prepaid or it’s MVNO ....Apple to Apple comparison
    Cricket is a budget carrier just below Tracfone. Cricket has smaller a smaller network, less coverage, and throttled speeds compared to MetroPCS. You guys don't even have RCS, Video Calling, or WiFi calling (all standard on Metro).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    As AT&T worsens Cricket, I think that any losses will mainly go to AT&T postpaid or Verizon. Not many Cricket subscribers would put up with T-Mobile's network on MetroPCS.
    Yeah, going from 0.3mbit on Cricket to 30mbit can be a huge shock. Every quarter Cricket has to drop its price to attract customers and they're still bouncing to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Cricket has smaller a smaller network, less coverage, and throttled speeds compared to MetroPCS. You guys don't even have RCS, Video Calling, or WiFi calling (all standard on Metro).
    Actually, just the opposite, lol. With Cricket I have better coverage than MetroPCS, WiFi was launched 7 months ago and FaceTime works perfectly

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Cricket is a budget carrier just below Tracfone. Cricket has smaller a smaller network, less coverage, and throttled speeds compared to MetroPCS.

Cricket is owned 100% by AT&T using its network, don’t show your ignorance

You guys don't even have RCS, Video Calling, or WiFi calling (all standard on Metro).

WiFi and Volte, Hangouts, FaceTime, Messenger all working perfectly running on Cricket network, Cricket has WiFi almost a year now, again showing your ignorance Also I have been with Metropcs for 9 years, I m sure you don’t use Metro that long, and their indoor signal is as weak as dripping water from the pipes.
    Get a job and move out of your mom house and grow up be responsible, High school is not forever.