Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    mine wasnt on auto install...i was 4 updates behind on apple current one 11.2.5...so im not sure if there was a set amount of downloads i can skip or something? maybe the pop up question showed and i hit it during sleep?
    I have an iPhone 5S running 10.3.3 with notifications that an update is available for about a year. I have not said yes to the download so the 11.x.x will not install. The phone is used occasionally with a prepaid SIM. Apps have been updated but not the iOS.

At some point, you started the download and input your pin/password to confirm the download.

Feedback Score
    soooo glad i only paid $99 and not $800+....
    The SE has never retailed for $800+. The version of the SE you have mentioned retails for $349 unlocked from Apple.

Feedback Score
    so wheres all the damn mods/hackers at? ios hasnt been JB since ios11,its a damn nightmare...
    If existing XDA not here.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.22.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 04.01.18

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    I have an iPhone 5S running 10.3.3 with notifications that an update is available for about a year. I have not said yes to the download so the 11.x.x will not install. The phone is used occasionally with a prepaid SIM. Apps have been updated but not the iOS.

At some point, you started the download and input your pin/password to confirm the download.
    yea...when i grab my phone it wanted me to enter my apple password and there wasnt a way around this, after i put my password in it said something about the software being updated and when i check it was on 11.2.5

The SE has never retailed for $800+. The version of the SE you have mentioned retails for $349 unlocked from Apple.
    what i meant was im glad i didnt buy a iphone 7s plus or a 8 because its a software issue

Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If existing XDA not here.

dang forgot about that site...

Feedback Score

At that point, the update payload has already been downloaded. That occurs in the background when the device is connected to a wi-fi network, and a power source during a charging cycle.

Apple's strict version control is nothing new. What has changed, for the worse, is the sneaky way they have designed the update prompts that makes it very easy to trick people into unintentionally updating.

The initial dialog that pops up, giving the option to "Install Now/Install Later/Details" isn't objectionable on its own.

However, the following screen with the passcode entry keypad, requires greater attention not to perform an unintentional update. Most users are probably used to rote muscle memory entry of their code when prompted. But in this case, it results in authorization to perform the update. To decline the update requires tapping on the small "Remind Me Later" text at the bottom of the screen, like the fine print on a contract.

This screen is displayed even if the user chooses "Later" in the dialog.

It is poor UI to present the user with a screen clearly biased toward affirmation, right after they have chosen to decline or deny an action.

Everything surrounding the process, from the design of the screens to the language, is to cajole the user into performing an update, even if not requested or desired.

And for users who do pay attention, and have valid reasons to decline these updates and delete them from storage, they will continue to be downloaded in the background again, and pestered again, unless one is willing to block one or two specific Apple update servers.

That said, going from 11.1 to 11.2 isn't a big deal. iOS point releases are usually improved over earlier versions, and the battery throttling was implemented in iOS 10, so that ship has already sailed.

But it is smart to be circumspect about jumping on each new major release before letting others play the guinea pigs.

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    It can take a few days after an update for the phone to finish indexing, etc., all which is done in the background, for the phone to settle down.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIntruder View Post
    At that point, the update payload has already been downloaded. That occurs in the background when the device is connected to a wi-fi network, and a power source during a charging cycle.

Apple's strict version control is nothing new. What has changed, for the worse, is the sneaky way they have designed the update prompts that makes it very easy to trick people into unintentionally updating.

The initial dialog that pops up, giving the option to "Install Now/Install Later/Details" isn't objectionable on its own.

However, the following screen with the passcode entry keypad, requires greater attention not to perform an unintentional update. Most users are probably used to rote muscle memory entry of their code when prompted. But in this case, it results in authorization to perform the update. To decline the update requires tapping on the small "Remind Me Later" text at the bottom of the screen, like the fine print on a contract.

This screen is displayed even if the user chooses "Later" in the dialog.

It is poor UI to present the user with a screen clearly biased toward affirmation, right after they have chosen to decline or deny an action.

Everything surrounding the process, from the design of the screens to the language, is to cajole the user into performing an update, even if not requested or desired.

And for users who do pay attention, and have valid reasons to decline these updates and delete them from storage, they will continue to be downloaded in the background again, and pestered again, unless one is willing to block one or two specific Apple update servers.

That said, going from 11.1 to 11.2 isn't a big deal. iOS point releases are usually improved over earlier versions, and the battery throttling was implemented in iOS 10, so that ship has already sailed.

But it is smart to be circumspect about jumping on each new major release before letting others play the guinea pigs.

wow yea Apple really changed alot!...havent been on ios since the 4s so yea been a few good years...thanks for who all reply to this thread

Doolie, i think u was right my battery after the update was BAD to the point where i was planing on going to the apple store BUT after i did a full charge and power cycle...phone has been on for over 2 days with out a charge...seems like the battery got back to normal might even be a lil better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Doolie, i think u was right my battery after the update was BAD to the point where i was planing on going to the apple store BUT after i did a full charge and power cycle...phone has been on for over 2 days with out a charge...seems like the battery got back to normal might even be a lil better
    Glad to hear performance has evened out.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    Glad to hear performance has evened out.
    yea me too...i was pretty tick off

20% battery with 57 hours of standby and 6H 30M of talk time...pretty sure it made my battery even better...no more updates for a few months

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    just a lil update on the battery...battery took a beating it was on 10% and i watch 2 episodes of Family guy and some random youtube videos..i pass out and when i woke up it was on only 6% wanted to use the battery till it hit 0 but needed it fully charged for today...so yea battery last alot longer on ios 11.2.5...happy to see something good come out of these updates they push out every other week
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Still running ios 10.3.3 on my 7. I refuse to lose my numerical signal meter by going up to 11

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Still running ios 10.3.3 on my 7. I refuse to lose my numerical signal meter by going up to 11
    Nothing wrong with keeping the older iOS version, you aren't forced to make an update currently.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    just a lil update on the battery...battery took a beating it was on 10% and i watch 2 episodes of Family guy and some random youtube videos..i pass out and when i woke up it was on only 6% wanted to use the battery till it hit 0 but needed it fully charged for today...so yea battery last alot longer on ios 11.2.5...happy to see something good come out of these updates they push out every other week

another update

battery seem to drain a bit faster than it did before the update...still testing things out...anyone else update to 11.2.5?
    Last edited by veriztd; 02-07-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    would LOVE to go back to 10.3.3 wish i would of saw that scew up apple did when they released the older IOS's apple F up big time on 11

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My mom uses an iPhone SE with the latest update. She has not complained about any change of her battery life.

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Apple seems to be sharing more location information with advertisers. If you have an app for a business, you may receive sales information when you are nearby. You may save some battery use by turning off location services for many apps.
    Earl F. Parrish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast