Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sprint says they will beat T-Mobile to Nation Wide 5G

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint says they will beat T-Mobile to Nation Wide 5G

Guess Marcelo Claure is going to wave a magic wand and get VoLTE on Sprint.... as well as add a lot of new towers and upgrade his equipment....

"“We’re working with Qualcomm and network and device manufacturers in order to launch the first truly mobile [5G] network in the United States by the first half of 2019,” Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure said today during the carrier’s quarterly earnings conference call with investors. “This development will put Sprint at the forefront of technology innovation on par with other leading carriers around the world … We believe our next-gen network will truly differentiate Sprint over the next couple of years.”

That timeline would put Sprint ahead of T-Mobile in terms of launching nationwide mobile 5G; T-Mobile has promised to start its launch in 2019 and finish it in 2020. "

Sprint promises to launch nationwide mobile 5G network in first half of 2019

Feedback Score
    It's the "Nationwide" part of the Sprint claim that is the most wild and far out there. It's really huge stretch to call the Sprint network, which is only good in 9 or 10 states and poor/nonexistent in all the rest, any sort of "Nationwide Network".

I don't believe Sprint could ever achieve nationwide 2G, let alone beat anyone to nationwide 5G. They are so far behind, with such a tiny network.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Sprint says they will beat T-Mobile to Nation Wide 5G

I really hope it is true, but I also remember that Mr. Claure made this promise in 2015.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/tech...ork/index.html

"We will have the best network in the next two years”

also
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...rk-performance
    Last edited by mch; 02-04-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What is sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I really hope it is true, but I also remember that Mr. Claure made this promise in 2015.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/tech...ork/index.html

"We will have the best network in the next two years”
    He kept his promise. Sprint is now 99% as good as Verizon. Just ask that yellow shirt guy. He'd never lie.
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Users of Google Project Fi can use T-Mobile, Sprint or USCC as they improve and the Fi software picks the one it likes.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I guess if "nationwide" means one spot in the Bay Area and one in DC, it might be possible.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Any
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I guess if "nationwide" means one spot in the Bay Area and one in DC, it might be possible.
    Yes, no idea why they use this term.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, GS8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just like they were going to have every tower upgraded to LTE by the end of 2014?

Sent from my PH-1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmreinert View Post
    What is sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's some old company from the long-distance phone competition era. I seem to remember Murphy Brown doing commercials for it. Or maybe that was Murphy's brother, Charlie McCarthy. I forget now.

Oh and I think they made their logo because their network was so high quality that you could hear a bowling pin drop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    Yes, no idea why they use this term.
    Maybe if they put a tower in Seattle, and one in Key West, they can call themselves "nationwide". From sea to shining sea, right?

Anyway, isn't it easy to see what ham-handed clueless insincere deceptive boobs these Telecom CEOs all are.... Look also at the AT&T guy's recent disembling net neutrality statements also.

John Legere might be a blowhard, loud in mouth and dress, and ill mannered, but he is a model of candor and forthrightness and honesty compared to his competitors.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I think it's some old company from the long-distance phone competition era. I seem to remember Murphy Brown doing commercials for it. Or maybe that was Murphy's brother, Charlie McCarthy. I forget now.

Oh and I think they made their logo because their network was so high quality that you could hear a bowling pin drop.
    Candice Bergen did a lot of Sprint Pin Drop but I found this one to remember when they charged dime a minute to be funnier. I had Sprint back then and remember that I would try to talk fast a get off the phone to save money.

Sprint Dime Lady Grocery Store Commercial (Candice Bergen) (1996)

Feedback Score
    Does it really matter. T-Mobile has a plan. Part of it is increasing infrastructure. I will take a slower connection in more places. 5G is going to do nothing to improve Sprint.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Candice Bergen did a lot of Sprint Pin Drop but I found this one to remember when they charged dime a minute to be funnier. I had Sprint back then and remember that I would try to talk fast a get off the phone to save money.

Sprint Dime Lady Grocery Store Commercial (Candice Bergen) (1996)
    I would have liked to have heard Charlie McCarthy drop instead. I'm sure he would have sounded like a bowling pin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Does it really matter. T-Mobile has a plan. Part of it is increasing infrastructure. I will take a slower connection in more places. 5G is going to do nothing to improve Sprint.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Sprint has a plan...

T-Mobile has a plan... The difference is that Sprint announces things and never does them, while T-Mobile announces things and actually delivers a lot of the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast