Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sprint says they will beat T-Mobile to Nation Wide 5G

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok, they beat everyone with '4G' too. Wimax is dead. Sprint is now in a distant fourth. They've bled so much money and subscribers it's astounding.

Launching something first doesn't mean much.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Can T-Mobile easily allocate 40 MHz of spectrum for 5G to beat Sprint in all markets?

Maybe T-Mobile could buy some Band 66 from Dish while they're at it?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

Maybe T-Mobile could buy some Band 66 from Dish while they're at it?
    Or all of Dish. They'd get 20x20 additional band 71 in NYC, nationwide at least 5x5, and 10x10 in many locations where they only got 10x10 themselves.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    Or all of Dish. They'd get 20x20 additional band 71 in NYC, nationwide at least 5x5, and 10x10 in many locations where they only got 10x10 themselves.
    Not worth dealing with Dish. Keep in mind that the AWS-3 I-block in NYC will be re-auctioned by the FCC along with the other blocks Dish was compelled to return.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Keep in mind that the AWS-3 I-block in NYC will be re-auctioned by the FCC along with the other blocks Dish was compelled to return.
    It is still uncertain: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...worth-spectrum

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Ok, they beat everyone with '4G' too. Wimax is dead. Sprint is now in a distant fourth. They've bled so much money and subscribers it's astounding.

Launching something first doesn't mean much.
    I remember when they rolled out LTE. It seemed to take forever and there were horrible issues with phones dropping from 4G to 3G all day long, killing the phone battery. It was the most horrible experience ever and one of the reasons I left the Sprint network. If that's how they roll out 5G... expect subscribers to flee.

I wish them the best, but their track record is NOT good.

iDen / Nextel
    WiMax
    Network Vision (never completed)
    Very slow LTE roll out

Etc. Etc.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X, GS8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    I remember when they rolled out LTE. It seemed to take forever and there were horrible issues with phones dropping from 4G to 3G all day long, killing the phone battery. It was the most horrible experience ever and one of the reasons I left the Sprint network. If that's how they roll out 5G... expect subscribers to flee.

I wish them the best, but their track record is NOT good.

iDen / Nextel
    WiMax
    Network Vision (never completed)
    Very slow LTE roll out

Etc. Etc.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    iDEN was a success. The migration was not.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Powertron View Post
    That's interesting but I can't see Dish actually restructuring the relationship so that Charlie's not in charge. It would have to be with a wink and a nod from the FCC.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not worth dealing with Dish. Keep in mind that the AWS-3 I-block in NYC will be re-auctioned by the FCC along with the other blocks Dish was compelled to return.
    I was only talking about band 71 with the numbers I gave. Though T-Mobile can also use the AWS as well.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think DISH & T-Mobile merger would be incredible together. This would be the same makeup as AT&T and DirecTV except DISH is far more advanced with streaming TV via Sling TV. With 5G coming there is a lot of people that will be streaming TV shows and T-Mobile with the spectrum DISH owns can supply the Internet service to the homes, mobile and even when people are on vacation or business.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I think DISH & T-Mobile merger would be incredible together. This would be the same makeup as AT&T and DirecTV except DISH is far more advanced with streaming TV via Sling TV. With 5G coming there is a lot of people that will be streaming TV shows and T-Mobile with the spectrum DISH owns can supply the Internet service to the homes, mobile and even when people are on vacation or business.
    Shhh on the vacation and business travel. Some trolls think it's a bad idea for the carrier to provide good service outside of places with very high fixed residential population.
    Strong Unions: Weak Workers.
    Weak Unions: Strong Workers.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't really matter if Sprint beats everyone with one tower broadcasting 5G. With the way Sprint works, they will have one tower in the east, one in the middle, and another in the west and claim a nationwide 5G network. The network would then sit like that for years as Sprint doesn't follow through with plans or have the funds to do much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    Doesn't really matter if Sprint beats everyone with one tower broadcasting 5G. With the way Sprint works, they will have one tower in the east, one in the middle, and another in the west and claim a nationwide 5G network. The network would then sit like that for years as Sprint doesn't follow through with plans or have the funds to do much.

https://m.popkey.co/564cd6/r6VW7_s-200x150.gif

Feedback Score
    And one of them will be a piece of paper taped to the side of a 7-11 in Seattle with a drawing of an antenna and "5G" scribbled on it crayon.

99% as good as Verizon! Yea!
    Last edited by NotABiot; 02-14-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I stopped listening to sprint a long time ago. They preach what sounds good but they never seem to follow through

I don’t care who gets to 5g first. As long as whoever I use at the time is focused on getting better continuously I’m happy with that

First to 5g is more for bragging rights than anything else

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3