Thread: Away Data Everywhere Canada 60

Feedback Score

Away Data Everywhere Canada 60

I signed up for the Big Gig 60 Everywhere Canada plan last week as a trial in my area as I wasn't sure about coverage. 10GB Home, 1 GB Away, 2400 min.s talk and unlimited text. Local store had a radio promotion going on so was eligible for the F+F discount so happy with the price. Happy to report also that so far things are working adequately for my needs. I sent an e-mail to customer service yesterday morning with the following questions, but so far no response, so maybe somebody familiar with the plan can help. One area I do frequent is "Away" so I'm a little concerned about going over the 1GB data.
    Can anyone confirm if data is then simply throttled, or will I pay the 5 cents/MB overage? CSR didn't seem clear on the issue at the store.
    Also, as a trial I didn't want to port my existing number and cancel my old plan until I was sure things were OK. Now that it looks like I will stay what is the best way to have the porting done? Try and get through on the 877 line, or go back to the store? Is there any way I can do it myself on the website? (I couldn't find a way)
    Thanks for any help.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8830WE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Away Data Everywhere Canada 60

Quote Originally Posted by Willhound View Post
    I signed up for the Big Gig 60 Everywhere Canada plan last week as a trial in my area as I wasn't sure about coverage. 10GB Home, 1 GB Away, 2400 min.s talk and unlimited text. Local store had a radio promotion going on so was eligible for the F+F discount so happy with the price. Happy to report also that so far things are working adequately for my needs. I sent an e-mail to customer service yesterday morning with the following questions, but so far no response, so maybe somebody familiar with the plan can help. One area I do frequent is "Away" so I'm a little concerned about going over the 1GB data.
    Can anyone confirm if data is then simply throttled, or will I pay the 5 cents/MB overage? CSR didn't seem clear on the issue at the store.
    Also, as a trial I didn't want to port my existing number and cancel my old plan until I was sure things were OK. Now that it looks like I will stay what is the best way to have the porting done? Try and get through on the 877 line, or go back to the store? Is there any way I can do it myself on the website? (I couldn't find a way)
    Thanks for any help.
    Hey you sure your getting 1GB for roaming... The plan details I for the Everywhere Canada 60 show 500MB for away roaming Canada data.?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhound View Post
    Thanks for any help.
    You won't get charged for the overage.

They'll slow you down for the duration of your billing cycle.

Most services work fine with the throttle. YouTube gets fuzzy. There's a thread on this already.

I just called 611 from my phone.
    They're gonna need the old bill in your hand for account number and such. Your old provider will claim freedom 'slammed' you without that stuff. ( If it was a big 3 carrier, they wouldn't. But Shaw is the new guy, and the oldies will force the rules on the new guy)

Sent from my LG-H933 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clearNET View Post
    Hey you sure your getting 1GB for roaming... The plan details I for the Everywhere Canada 60 show 500MB for away roaming Canada data.?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, yes you are correct, 500 MB. I was thinking about the Ready to Go US add on that I'll also be taking advantage of in Florida in a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that Sirtate. I searched but didn't see the other thread, sorry. I'm not a huge streamer so the throttle back won't bother me. Just wanted to confirm the no charge for overage. Young lady at the local store seemed unsure but to be fair, they were getting slammed at the time I was in the store. She was speaking with me while also trying to activate a new line for another customer who kept interrupting with stupid questions and kept changing her mind about what plan she wanted.
    I tried calling 611 half a dozen times yesterday and call kept immediately going to a message saying the network wasn't available but only calls to 611 were having that issue, all other calls and data were fine, so I assumed the 611 line was having issues.
    Current supplier is Rogers, so I'll be sure to have all info on hand when I call to port.

Feedback Score
    Well, I took the final plunge. Just got off the customer support line and requested my Rogers number be ported over. Nothing against Rogers really, I did have a pretty sweet corporate affiliate plan that I was happy with, but what got me looking around is because it was considered a corporate account I wasn't able to use the Roam like Home feature for our annual winter visit to Florida. Always cost me from $80 to $120 every year. Looking around, I found the USA Ready to Go plan for $20 and it went from there. Besides, I like the idea of supporting another competitive carrier and I'll save about $350 a year over my old plan. So, here's hoping I don't regret it later. I have to say that the CSR I spoke with at Freedom was very helpful and I didn't have to wait at all. I did have an issue the first call when the robo answer didn't recognize my Freedom number and hung up on me, so second attempt I just hit * and got right through. I am in the Barrie area and they have recently upgraded the service here, with more to come, so will contribute when I can. As it stands, I am currently getting Ping of 19MS, Download of 15.26 and Upload of 7.49 on Speedtest. Best over the last few days has been Ping 23MS. Upload of 28.88 and Down of 10.48. Not blistering, but fast enough for anything I need to do.
    Cheers!

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Your 500MB might be enough for your holiday too.. Unless you want to pay $20 for another 500MB of roaming..

D.

Feedback Score
    Actually the US travel package comes with 1MB and where we stay has Wi-Fi so should all be good. I confirmed with customer service that if I burn the data on the travel pack I can't purchase another but on the other hand there's no overage charge, just the throttle back.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sorry, that should have read *1GB

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavesBB View Post
    Your 500MB might be enough for your holiday too.. Unless you want to pay $20 for another 500MB of roaming..

D.
    I think the current plans only have Canadian roaming included.

So US roaming would be PPU, unless you get the travel plan...

Sent from my LG-H933 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    That is correct. US $20 travel plan includes 1GB. Already added for trip this weekend. Will just ave to remember to remove it when done.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Right, My bad... I forgot the new plans didn't include US roaming.

D.