Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Makes You Stay With AT&T?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Don't leave out ATT's native simultaneous voice & data. No need to rely on Verizon's sometimes flaky VoLTE any more....
    On the AT&T backbone. The voice quality difference is amazing compared to VZW & their MVNOs.

The VZW fanboys tout VZW VoLTE. VoLTE altogether is a joke. VoLTE is hardly everywhere. Without VoLTE VZW voice quality is worse than two cans & a string.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.22.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 04.01.18

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Twenty dollar homebase where my only other option was super super slow dsl

Data free directv streaming

Staring At AT&T Towers All Day Long & Getting A Fn Woody Off Of Them!
    Device(s)
    AT&T Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I finally made the switch to AT&T and brought my mom & sister over to AT&T and so damn glad to not look back coming from Sprint.
    What made me switch to AT&T is "COVERAGE" where as with Sprint your roaming MOST of the time when traveling and gets tiresome to ONLY have 100MBs of "2G speeds" with their roaming partners. There is one place that I have been asking Sprint to put up "1 Tower" in Arkansas for "7 years" and can't get them to do that.

I have 6 lines that are on my account here. 3 lines my mom, sister, & I moved from Sprint to AT&T with my brother and his wife already on AT&T that I got them ported out of my brother's friend's account to my account and then I added the Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot device to make 6 lines with AT&T for me to use when traveling to places that have no internet like a friend's house but more to take over to another friend so he can have internet at his house to stream videos and to use his laptop there.

The Unlimited Plus Plan is great and I don't have to worry about being dropped down to 3G and have unlimited there like I did with Sprint.
    I got DirecTV here along with the AT&T Home Fiber 1GBps Down/Up and with my wireless all 3 services under my name I get lots of discounts here. Autopay/Paperless I get $10 off. DirecTV $15 off every month with Free HBO for Life. $70 a month for 1 year and beyond with my Home Fiber Internet with my DirecTV.

Overall, I am just much happier here with AT&T than I was with Sprint. Anyone thinking of going to Sprint from AT&T has to see it that Sprint is a HUGE Downgrade or Day & Night situation.
    Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 8
    Plan: AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line $225.00/mo. For 6 Devices
    Ins: AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack $34.99

Airtouch: (VZW Now) 9/1997 - 7/2001 (Micro T-A-C Lite II Retired & Still Have 2 This Date) & Motorola SC-725 Retired
    Nextel: 7/2001 - 10/2010 (i2k+, i95cl, i860, i930, & i680 Retired)
    Sprint: 6/2008 - 12/19/2017 (ic902, v950, Blackberry Bold 9650/9930, Galaxy Note 2, 3, & 4 Retired)
    Airave: 06/2010 - 12/19/2017
    AT&T: 12/19/2017 - Current

Feedback Score
    Just made the switch to AT&T a few days ago. One of my Verizon grandfathered UDP lines went off contract and the UDP went up to $49.99. The main reason I switched to AT&T instead of Verizon's February UDP is because of the ability to turn off stream saver for free and also the ability to have a jetpack line with unlimited hotspot. While I could have used a VPN to get around Verizon's video throttle, the others on my plan aren't going to go to that trouble.

I also like the free Call Protect and that if I lose an LTE signal, HSPA+ is at least usable compared to Verizon's 3G. And if I am on Band 30, AT&T's speeds are definitely better than Verizon's speeds around where I live. I am hoping that AT&T's cap ex spending due to FirstNet benefits its postpaid customers.

I would have liked to do a BOGOF but AT&T doesn't include the iPhone X in the BOGOF. I wanted to wait to switch hoping that the iPhone X would be included eventually, but I am worried that UDP+ in its current form won't last for much longer so once one of my grandfathered UDP lines went up to $49.99/mo, I decided to make the switch. I have a few weeks to decide whether or not to come back to Verizon, but so far no complaints.

I hope that AT&T follows Verizon in the prepaid realm and deprioritizes prepaid behind postpaid. That should help the speeds of those who exceed 22GB in a month on postpaid.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I was with AT&T until recently but in areas I'm at T-Mobile has surpassed them, mostly because AT&T has declined. By that I mean increasingly more connections to HSPA than LTE. Doesn't matter what phone or area. My phones support all AT&T bands. So the answer is nothing is keeping me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    I was with AT&T until recently but in areas I'm at T-Mobile has surpassed them, mostly because AT&T has declined. By that I mean increasingly more connections to HSPA than LTE. Doesn't matter what phone or area. My phones support all AT&T bands. So the answer is nothing is keeping me.
    So there is no reason for you to post on this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    4. Can turn on Caller ID block from the settings in my cell phone. You can’t do that on an iPhone with Verizon.
    What is this?

Feedback Score
    5. Full use of your data plan in Canada.
    What's the difference between AT&T and Verizon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yokolormebadd View Post
    I don't get that with my S8 because it's unlocked.
    Yes you do. GSM doesn't require any sort of carrier firmware to do simultaneous voice and data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Pricing is better with AT&T with FAN discount . . . . Our 7 UL lines works out better than a comparable prepaid plan.
    What FAN gives you a discount on UL?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    What's the difference between AT&T and Verizon?
    Verizon only allows only 512 mb a day of LTE speeds. AT&T allows for normal LTE use on your unlimited plus plan.
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    What is this?
    For some reason CDMA carriers don’t allow the caller ID block setting in the phone settings menu like GSM. You have to dial *67 or log into the websites to turn off caller ID. I use this for work.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Staying with AT&T because 1.) Coverage in western Maryland (VZW roams on USCC), 2.) DirecTV Now Go Big $60 plan for $35, 3.) 2 GB bonus data on 3 GB plan. 4.) WiFi Calling at home (weak signal inside even though in Silver Spring near Beltway), 5.) Cost of switching carriers prohibitively expensive (new phones). The main thing I dislike about AT&T is their totally incompetent customer service department when it comes to dealing with billing errors. I had a very difficult time getting the $150 rebate on my S7 as advertised, and my daughter is getting the runaround on her AT&T plan over a BOGO deal.

Device(s)
    LG G5, G3, G Pad X 10.1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been with AT&T for 11 years and it "just works" wherever I go. I also have a lot of relatives on my plan (12 lines across 2 account numbers so far) and the pricing works out well for everyone. I have recently added two relatives formerly on Verizon and Sprint (both in traditionally CDMA-strong markets) and both have been impressed by how much better the service and price is compared to what they had before.

My main complaint is the slowdown in CapEx over the last few years but I hope the FirstNet deal results in a big increase this year. T-Mobile has been running circles around AT&T with new site builds. I have been tempted at times by T-Mobile but the hassle of switching 12 people is a deterrent. I do carry a backup phone with a T-Mobile SIM on a VERY basic prepaid plan for testing purposes and there are a lot of new towers, but it's not so drastically better than AT&T that I'd consider the hassle of moving 12 lines. A couple family members who do have T-Mobile have said despite all T-Mo's improvements it's really not that much better, and can be worse in many buildings; they would actually be open to switching to AT&T.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper and Sensorly for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively to both projects in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I saw this topic in the Verizon forum and thought it would be a good topic for the AT&T forum.

I just came back to AT&T after a 2 year stint with T-Mobile (4 months) and Verizon. I was with AT&T for 15 years prior. I left due to a lack of Unlimited Plan at the time.

I chose AT&T because:

1. Unlimited Plus allows for HD video streaming with Stream Saver off.

2. Call Protect is free. Verizon charges $2.99 a line for a similar feature. I was tired of the spam calls. At least we can report them.

3. More reliable than T-Mobile in my area and equal to Verizon. AT&T is the best service provider in Massachusetts (statewide) according to Root Metrics.

4. Can turn on Caller ID block from the settings in my cell phone. You can’t do that on an iPhone with Verizon.

5. Full use of your data plan in Canada.
    Don’t be stealing my clever thread topics. J/k. Hahaha. It is a great question though and opens up all kinds of dialogue and ideas. You will see how different carriers are and everyone uses the network completely different. Enjoy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast