Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Makes You Stay With AT&T?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    What FAN gives you a discount on UL?
    Military and a few selected companies have FAN with the most recent UL. The original DTV UL had more FAN discounts.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    So there is no reason for you to post on this thread.
    Sure there is, nothing keeping me from staying (with reasons explained) is a legitimate answer.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Don’t be stealing my clever thread topics. J/k. Hahaha. It is a great question though and opens up all kinds of dialogue and ideas. You will see how different carriers are and everyone uses the network completely different. Enjoy
    Thought it was a great thread on the Verizon board! Good work.
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1) Coverage. While Verizon has densified in Delaware in the last few years, they really have not done so in Philadelphia, Montgomery or Bucks counties (PA) much. So at&t, if at times slow, still will have more LTE availability. I can think of 10+ sites that have some combination of at&t/sprint/t-mobile and no Verizon. Their efforts on small cells has also stalled lately it seems. Absolutely 0 metro cells here too.

2) 23-25% FAN. While I could get a decent discount on Verizon, at&t is about the best price we can get on postpaid. That said, Cricket is still tempting from time to time. Also I know Verizon makes corporate discounts a pain; for example I actually use my husband's FAN but in my name. Due to these FANs, at&t is actually cheaper or close in price to sprint and t-mobile. I don't need unlimited data anyways.

3) Customer service has actually been pretty good for me over the years.
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    Verizon only allows only 512 mb a day of LTE speeds. AT&T allows for normal LTE use on your unlimited plus plan.
    So are they able to deprioritize you after 22GB when you are roaming on another carrier's network? I can't imagine that they can do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Sure there is, nothing keeping me from staying (with reasons explained) is a legitimate answer.
    You've already left so ..........

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So are they able to deprioritize you after 22GB when you are roaming on another carrier's network? I can't imagine that they can do that.
    I meant to say Canada. I think I left that out. Sorry about that.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    My personal reasoning is better coverage, better density, and typically better speeds than the competitors. I don’t pay very much to be on unlimited plus (just line access through family) so switching to any other carrier would not only be a downgrade on the network side but also more expensive. When the day comes that I want to switch networks then I don’t see a reason to keep AT&T, but as of right now they’re the best option for me.

Feedback Score
    I meant to say Canada. I think I left that out. Sorry about that.
    I am still confused. Does AT&T have a network in Canada or are you roaming on a Canadian carrier's network? If so, how is AT&T deprioritizing people while roaming on a Canadian carrier's network?

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The $20 ($22 with tax) iPad unlimited add on helped bring me back. Something caused my data usage to skyrocket (I'm blaming some iOS bug, it isn't happening anymore).

But it was a BIG hassle to come back. Mistakes made. Activation fees. And of course every time you call they try to convince you to sign up for Direct TV. I'm more likely to cut back on TV coverage in the future, since I've cut back on "cable" channels I watch except during college football season.

I was supposed to be able to get "free" HBO streaming, but with all the hassles I never got around to activating. Worry that it may cause billing issues for another couple months.
    I liked AT&T coverage and would have stayed but the billing and other hassles you experienced I had the same, plus I did sign up for DTV for the combined billing and discounts. 5 months of hassle later I went to Verizon. I still have my unlimited Mobley car plan, that they will have to pry from my cold fingers
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am still confused. Does AT&T have a network in Canada or are you roaming on a Canadian carrier's network? If so, how is AT&T deprioritizing people while roaming on a Canadian carrier's network?
    According to the Unlimited Plus Plan description you can use your data plan in Canada at normal LTE speeds. Verizon allows you 512 mb/day of LTE. I don't know how they do it.

Feedback Score
    According to the Unlimited Plus Plan description you can use your data plan in Canada at normal LTE speeds. Verizon allows you 512 mb/day of LTE. I don't know how they do it.
    My point is that I don't think AT&T can deprioritize you while you are in Canada. They likely can't cap your hotspot usage either while in Canada just like Verizon can't when you are on a LTEiRA partner's network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It looks like ATT still limits you to 100mb of domestic roaming before limiting you to 2G speeds. 400mb total. Yet if I went international, for the $10+tax for a day, I could probably watch a video.

Limits like this to try to prevent people from signing up for ATT when they are mostly in an area unsupported by ATT.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My point is that I don't think AT&T can deprioritize you while you are in Canada. They likely can't cap your hotspot usage either while in Canada just like Verizon can't when you are on a LTEiRA partner's network.
    I’m saying they don’t. Supposedly Verizon does.

Feedback Score
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016
    It looks like you had a mid-life crisis. Then came back to your senses. And now you are back with the wife.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.22.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 04.01.18

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast