Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Makes You Stay With AT&T?

Device(s)
    Intel iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    AT&T’s network and bundling has kept me with them. AT&T is the fastest provider where I live and work. They continue to add macros and they’re starting to light up 4xCA here! I only see AT&T’s network improving since they won the FirstNet contract and have increased their CapEX. My family also gets a good deal with them. We’re on the Unlimited Plus plan so we get $25 off DirecTV, free HBO and we one line’s iPhone 7 is free due to the BOGO.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone X using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    I’m saying they don’t. Supposedly Verizon does.
    Verizon doesn't deprioritize in Canada and Mexico, they throttle after a certain amount of data is used in a day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    I only see AT&T’s network improving since they won the FirstNet contract and have increased their CapEX.
    I feel this way too. It was one of the reasons I was willing to give up grandfathered UDP on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    My personal reasoning is better coverage, better density, and typically better speeds than the competitors. I don’t pay very much to be on unlimited plus (just line access through family) so switching to any other carrier would not only be a downgrade on the network side but also more expensive. When the day comes that I want to switch networks then I don’t see a reason to keep AT&T, but as of right now they’re the best option for me.

That’s also relative to your area. I know a lot of people on AT&T and T-Mobile that have the exact opposite experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lance0823 View Post
    That’s also relative to your area. I know a lot of people on AT&T and T-Mobile that have the exact opposite experience
    Duh, of course it is.

Feedback Score

The value of "relative to your area" quickly diminishes for people who leave their zip codes. Most people commute and travel and go to different states and all that. Which is why far and away the most successful networks are the ones with good nationwide coverage.

Verizon and AT&T have the best coverage. So that's how they get the most customers. T-Mobile has been rapidly expanding coverage, and that has resulted in strong growth in the number of customers quarter after quarter. Sprint is tiny and stagnated.... the worst coverage and thus the fewest customers of the Big 4 carriers... and is quickly becoming a footnote along with US Cellular.

----

My brother is a long-term Apple fanboy and he got with AT&T early because that was the only carrier you could get with the first iPhones. He has seen no reason to leave. Even though I do not have AT&T, his arguments for staying with that are pretty convincing.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    It looks like you had a mid-life crisis. Then came back to your senses. And now you are back with the wife.
    I wanted try T-Mobile. It didn’t go so well. Verizon was good. Came back for the reasons in the original post.
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Posts in a topic: “Why do you stay with AT&T”

Uh?

B2+B66+B30+B5 (20 MHz + 10 MHz + 10 MHz + 5 MHz)
    Minneapolis, MN

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Very simple it's the most consistent overall for me. I also have a Metro line. And I've tried Verizon twice since they reintroduced unlimited. Since I've seriously considered switching my AT&T line over.

Data speeds are slower than Tmobile and Verizon in my market on average, but nothing impactful or noticeable. Where AT&T really shines is with their VoLTE and in building coverage, it just works with very few issues. And one of the main reasons I've stuck it out so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Military and a few selected companies have FAN with the most recent UL. The original DTV UL had more FAN discounts.
    What are the other companies?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Frustrating that there is no good FAN discount I can use anymore now that I'm back with ATT. My current company's offers aren't very good, and are pretty dated.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

What Makes You Stay With AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by BearBert View Post
    Very simple it's the most consistent overall for me. I also have a Metro line. And I've tried Verizon twice since they reintroduced unlimited. Since I've seriously considered switching my AT&T line over.

Data speeds are slower than Tmobile and Verizon in my market on average, but nothing impactful or noticeable. Where AT&T really shines is with their VoLTE and in building coverage, it just works with very few issues. And one of the main reasons I've stuck it out so far.
    I second the in building network coverage. With Verizon I’ll see 1x or sometimes 3G. With ATT typically always LTE. No in network DAS from either provider.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    At&t has a solid network no doubt about it. They have a good blend of speed and coverage

As others have stated the main thing they need is better plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Coverage is excellent in my area. No issues to speak of. As others have stated plans could be more competitive. I’m seriously considering going to Cricket eventually.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    iPhone X, GS8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It’s built into my car. I have no other option.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast