Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ringto to close 3/31/2018

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    I started this thread last week:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...e-or-Talkatone

I actually ported my RingTo number to MetroPCS, but don’t really want to pay for said number (I use it so infrequently, but I’ve had the number for 15 years). Unless there’s a better alternative, I’m going to port my number to Google Voice, then to Talkatone. It’ll cost $23 total one time to do.

I could just leave it parked with GV, but I want something that works as simply as RingTo. I don’t want to deal with Gmail, Hangouts, etc. Talkatone seems to work pretty smoothly. I actually like TextNow better, but there didn’t seem to be a way to port a number to them for use with their app. I emailed them last week and asked, but haven’t received a reply yet, so I take it that the answer is “No.”.
    Derek here from TextNow.

One easy way to port your number is to buy a SIM for us under the cheapest plan:
    https://www.textnow.com/wireless/sim-card

and then cancel right after the port is complete. The number will stay with your TextNow account after.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by derekting View Post
    Derek here from TextNow.

One easy way to port your number is to buy a SIM for us under the cheapest plan:

and then cancel right after the port is complete. The number will stay with your TextNow account after.
    Hi Derek,
    Thank you for your reply!
    This information is very helpful.

Device(s)
    moto E
    Carrier(s)
    straight talk, tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Derek here from TextNow.

Interesting, I tried to ask about this in the online chat, but didn't exactly get an answer. I do note that it says on the web page that you need to get at least the premium plan for $2.99/month to prevent possible recycling of your phone number if it is idle and also to have the call forwarding feature, but that is a fair price to pay for those services. Does TEXTNOW allow forwarding to more than one number simultaneously like ringto did and if so how many are supported?

Device(s)
    moto E
    Carrier(s)
    straight talk, tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Another question, Derek, is what happens if, at a later date, you want to port your number out? Do you have to upgrade to the cell phone service again in order to do that?

Device(s)
    Nokia 2610, 6030b, 2118, 2280, 3555b, 6215i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA; AT&T Mobility USA; Vodafone NZ; 2degrees NZ
    Feedback Score

Ringto to close 3/31/2018

Quote Originally Posted by ngerukai View Post
    I already emailed them. Still Google Voice only.
    News! I got a second reply to my message. It reads, though repeats itself a little, thus (pasted in):
    Hello,

Thank you for your email and interest in Talkatone.

We have not been in contact with any representative from RingTo and were caught off guard by them referring users to port to our service.

Fortunately,Talkatone utilizes the same phone number provider as Ringto,and we are currently collaborating on a solution to port Ringto phone numbers to Talkatone.

We will more news very soon.

In the meantime,please sign up for a Talkatone account and enjoy our free service.

We invite you to check out our FAQ page (https://support.talkatone.com) where you will find answers to most frequently asked questions.Hello,

We are currently working on a zero-cost solution before the Ringto deadline to port phone numbers into Talkatone. We will will have more news shortly.

In the meantime,please feel free to sign up for Talkatone and enjoy our free services.
    Hello,

We have not been in contact with any representative from RingTo and were caught off guard by them referring users to port to our service.

Fortunately,Talkatone utilizes the same phone number provider as Ringto,and we are currently collaborating on a cost free solution to port Ringto phone numbers to Talkatone.

We will more news very soon.

In the meantime,please sign up for a Talkatone account and enjoy our free service.

Thank you for contacting Talkatone support!
    Too bad I’ll only be able to, if this pans out, use them for one of my numbers. I have 5, 3 of which I’d not mind keeping.

Feedback Score
    News! I got a second reply to my message. It reads, though repeats itself a little, thus (pasted in):Too bad I’ll only be able to, if this pans out, use them for one of my numbers. I have 5, 3 of which I’d not mind keeping.
    I just looked at my email and got the same message.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    News! I got a second reply to my message. It reads, though repeats itself a little, thus (pasted in):Too bad I’ll only be able to, if this pans out, use them for one of my numbers. I have 5, 3 of which I’d not mind keeping.
    I just looked at my email and got the same message.
    Wow! So my reasoning, even though it was partially a guess, was correct!

I wish everyone with RingTo #s all the best in having Talkatone finding a fast and good solution!
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wow! So my reasoning, even though it was partially a guess, was correct!

I wish everyone with RingTo #s all the best in having Talkatone finding a fast and good solution!
    You hit that nail on the head!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Derek here from TextNow.

Hi Derek,
    Thank you for your reply!
    This information is very helpful.
    I would be extremely hesitant to follow their advice, especially with a number you do not want to lose!
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I would be extremely hesitant to follow their advice, especially with a number you do not want to lose!
    I ordered a SIM and put a port request in for the number. If the number works on the app, as it should, then there should be no problem. I can either keep the paid service or cancel it, but the ported number should still be active on the app...unless I’m mistaken.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I ordered a SIM and put a port request in for the number. If the number works on the app, as it should, then there should be no problem. I can either keep the paid service or cancel it, but the ported number should still be active on the app...unless I’m mistaken.
    CEO or not, I wouldn't necessarily put all my trust into what Derekting says. I would certainly double check their policy in regard to canceling paid service and also their policy on holding numbers only associated with an account/app.

My 2c

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I looked into Textnow but it looks like the free service uses an app with ads or a $2.99 monthly fee for no ads.

My first number port to Tello went smoothly. They have an excellent support team.

Feedback Score
    Derek here from TextNow.
    Fortunately,Talkatone utilizes the same phone number provider as Ringto,and we are currently collaborating on a cost free solution to port Ringto phone numbers to Talkatone.

We will have more news very soon.

Thank you for contacting Talkatone support!
    Where should we check back for more news?
    Last edited by TJN; 02-14-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Fix Quotes
    OBIHAI 200 Oct 2015 Replaced NetTalk
    Alcatel A383G Jul 2015 To Jan 2016 Replaced A382G
    Alcatel A382G Apr 2014 To Jul 2015
    Kyocera Hydro Mar 2014 Ring+ 2016
    Google Voice Feb 2014 Ported TF (AT&T) # to GV
    Azpen A700 Nov 2013 7" Android tablet for GV/Talkatone
    LG 840G Sep 2013 Replaced C155
    NetTalk DUO Oct 2010 To Oct 2015 Replaced Verizon Land Line
    Verizon Land Line Oct 2010 Dropped & Ported # to TF
    Motorola V176 Jan 2008 To Apr 2014
    Motorola C155 Apr 2007 To Sep 2013 My first cell phone

Device(s)
    LG VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TJN View Post
    Where should we check back for more news?
    Talkatone Porting from RingTo info is on their Knowledge Base now:

RINGTO PORTING TO TALKATONE

Last Updated: Feb 14, 2018 05:03PM PST
    After March 31st, 2018. RingTo will sunset their services. RingTo and Talkatone are providing RingTo users with a seamless number porting process, free of charge.
    This allows RingTo users to transfer their RingTo phone number to Talkatone, so they can continue using that phone number in the Talkatone app.

The deadline to submit a port request to Talkatone will be March 21st, 2018.

If you are a RingTo user and want to port your phone number to Talkatone, here’s what you need to do:

Please download and sign up for a Talkatone account as soon as possible. You can pick any US phone number for now.
    Once you have created your Talkatone account, please submit a port request to [email protected] with the following information:
    The Talkatone phone number you selected when creating your Talkatone account
    Your current RingTo phone number
    Your full name as it appears on your RingTo account
    Note that you must submit your porting request to Talkatone from the email address you used to create your Talkatone account. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your request.

We will process all port requests submitted by March 21st PT and expect to complete them before the RingTo deadline. RingTo port requests submitted to Talkatone after March 21st PT are processed on a best-effort basis. Please do NOT submit more than one port request per account.

Thank you for your interest in Talkatone. We look forward to continuing to provide you with an outstanding communications experience and making this transition to Talkatone as smooth as possible. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at [email protected] before March 21st.

Happy Talking!

-The Talkatone Team

Feedback Score

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3