Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile outage

Carrier(s)
    Just switched to Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's good to know... Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Network is down again - I first noticed it when it stopped working completely in the USA. After returning to Canada, SMS and data started working but calls drops immediately.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ethanh View Post
    Network is down again - I first noticed it when it stopped working completely in the USA. After returning to Canada, SMS and data started working but calls drops immediately.
    What time was this?

Sent from my LG-H933 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm with my iP8+ I can't get any data. Calls to 611 hang up immediately. Calls to other people are okay (for now) This is not good for FM. Not impressed! May look to go back to the Big 3, as much as I don't want to. This is crap. This as of 5am. Working overnights, in Bradford area. Data would not work earlier - (3am), I re-booted phone and it came back. Now it's dead, no data at all.
    WolfpacAl

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    I can confirm with my iP8+ I can't get any data. Calls to 611 hang up immediately. Calls to other people are okay (for now) This is not good for FM. Not impressed! May look to go back to the Big 3, as much as I don't want to. This is crap. This as of 5am. Working overnights, in Bradford area. Data would not work earlier - (3am), I re-booted phone and it came back. Now it's dead, no data at all.
    Not me. I'm on WiFi, so iMessage, FaceTime Audio and FaceTime Video worked for me. But I did encounter this problem this past week. I've been able to send out texts from home.

I'm getting data on Band 7 LTE here in Pape Village. And this is without doing a phone reboot.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    All good with me in Edmonton

Sent from my BBB100-1 using HoFo mobile app
    Lucky Albertan who has the promo loyalty $50 8gb lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtate View Post
    What time was this?
    Around 9:00pm PST, didn't start working again until the morning.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    All is working again. FM posted an outage update on Twitter this afternoon, so they were aware of the problem at some point. May not have been as widespread as the outage a few days earlier. Hopefully this doesn't become common.

Feedback Score
    I am having issues just recently I get some calls, but then there periods where people calling me get automated message. I never got their calls, when I try to send text message it doesn't go through. When I call them it connects back to the network and all their messages they were trying to send me comes through. Never had issues like this before. Is anyone getting similar issues?

~I see there is a trend that happened to s8. I'm on note4.
    Last edited by LuxM1; 02-11-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxM1 View Post
    I am having issues just recently I get some calls, but then there periods where people calling me get automated message. I never got their calls, when I try to send text message it doesn't go through. When I call them it connects back to the network and all their messages they were trying to send me comes through. Never had issues like this before. Is anyone getting similar issues?
    Not me. I can use Skype to call someone if I have to. I'm on WiFi here at work, so I'm unaffected by this issue, except that I can't send SMS texts. Not that that matters because everyone is asleep. iMessage, Whatsapp, and Skype all work fine.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    All is working again. FM posted an outage update on Twitter this afternoon, so they were aware of the problem at some point. May not have been as widespread as the outage a few days earlier. Hopefully this doesn't become common.
    T-Mobile used to do their upgrades early Thursday mornings. When things went wrong, they had an outage.

It used to be called 'T-Mo Thursday' ...

I wonder if they are lining things up for MiMo LTE and things went wrong...

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile used to do their upgrades early Thursday mornings. When things went wrong, they had an outage.

Good point. Wonder if testing out the new Band deployment caused a temporary hiccup in the system. One thing I noticed at work, where I used to bounce between 3g and LTE inside our office, it now always says LTE, all the time.

Feedback Score

Or perhaps testing VoLTE? That might explain the calls dropping nationally, especially if they are pushing updates to the core network...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ethanh View Post
    Or perhaps testing VoLTE? That might explain the calls dropping nationally, especially if they are pushing updates to the core network...
    If that's the case, then phones would stay on LTE on a call. Right now they drop to 3G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    If that's the case, then phones would stay on LTE on a call. Right now they drop to 3G.
    During the testing phase, VoLTE would only be available to the network engineers and our calls would continue to drop down to 3G like they have been. Just because our phones do not stay on LTE when making a call does not mean they are not performing internal testing of VoLTE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast