Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Mobile outage

Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score

Freedom Mobile outage

Hello,

I have been without service since last night. It is intermediate now and keeps going down. It shows that I have a signal. No phone calls, texts or data. When you try to make a phone call it states to contact 611 for help. I have waited on the phone for over an hour on a landline to contact freedom. They have advised me that there was an outage and have not had a timeframe to fix. Has anyone else had issues? I am in Ontario. Not sure if they would reimburse for outage or even notify us. The social media team says to keep selecting home network and contact the tech team if doesn't work. They don't even notify one another of the outages.
    Last edited by b4man; 02-05-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: added outage map

Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Name:  outage map.JPG
Views: 1157
Size:  58.2 KB map

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b4man View Post
    Hello,

I have been without service since last night. It is intermediate now and keeps going down. It shows that I have a signal. No phone calls, texts or data. When you try to make a phone call it states to contact 611 for help. I have waited on the phone for over an hour on a landline to contact freedom. They have advised me that there was an outage and have not had a timeframe to fix. Has anyone else had issues? I am in Ontario. Not sure if they would reimburse for outage or even notify us. The social media team says to keep selecting home network and contact the tech team if doesn't work. They don't even notify one another of the outages.
    Freedom needs to add a network status page to their website

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Motion
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Was up and out at 4:30 this morning and haven't had any issues. All the usual messages and emails waiting for me when I got up at 3:45 and voice and data has been working properly all morning. (Toronto East and Ajax, Ontario)

Feedback Score
    Can’t call USA and tried to call freedom can’t reach them

Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    no dial tone at all.

Feedback Score
    Yeah my wife and I had same issues in Durham region

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Public, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Hmm mine overall seemed fine (just slow and intermittent data indoors) but someone else I know said they lost all service
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    It seemed alright to me also...

I got phone calls at 330 and 630 am...

And many through the day...

It was the tweet they sent out that made me aware that there had been an outage

Sent from my LG-H933 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Feedback Score
    I’ve had text messaging problems all night in Windsor Ontario on my iPhone 8 Plus

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    No issues at all here. One hour North of T.O - Barrie!!!
    WolfpacAl

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB). iPad 6th Generation (2018) (128GB).
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryand78 View Post
    I’ve had text messaging problems all night in Windsor Ontario on my iPhone 8 Plus
    I didn't have this issue, because I was on WiFi. I did have the intermittent text not sent in the middle of the night at work. When I got out of work and made a phone call that's when I knew there was an outage. I didn't worry about it too much.

Carrier(s)
    Just switched to Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Post Where to Go if You Suspect a Network Outage

Name:  downdetector.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  4.7 KB

After yesterday's Freedom Mobile outage I thought it might be useful to provide some tips for where to go if you suspect that your carrier's mobile network is down.

When I realized that I couldn't send or receive text messages my first thought was that it must be a billing issue; because of this I wasted almost half an hour on hold with Freedom (using a SIP line) and trying to log into my account on their site. Here's how I eventually found out what was really going on:

1) Howard Forums. This was the first place I went (obviously), but there weren't yet any threads suggesting an outage. I would have started one myself but I was still thinking at this point that I had forgotten to pay my bill and my service was suspended.

2) Social media. Confirming Freedom's network issues was as easy as entering #freedommobile on Twitter. If your city or town has a subreddit, that might be a good place to look, too; unfortunately my own query on r/Toronto quickly devolved into an FM-bashing session, which of course would never happen here.

3) Downdetector. This is a new one for me. By simply Googling "is Freedom Mobile down?" I was directed to a site called Canadian Outages, where you can actually search for carrier outages by city. And if you're so inclined, you can download their Android or iOS app, and/or their plugin for Amazon Alexa. They even have a Twitter feed for outages across various networks and services—one each for Canada and the USA.

Hopefully no one reading this will ever experience another carrier outage. But in case you do, now you know where you can go to confirm it.

Link: Freedom Mobile on CanadianOutages.com
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurrie View Post

After yesterday's Freedom Mobile outage I thought it might be useful to provide some tips for where to go if you suspect that your carrier's mobile network is down.

When I realized that I couldn't send or receive text messages my first thought was that it must be a billing issue; because of this I wasted almost half an hour on hold with Freedom (using a SIP line) and trying to log into my account on their site. Here's how I eventually found out what was really going on:

1) Howard Forums. This was the first place I went (obviously), but there weren't yet any threads suggesting an outage. I would have started one myself but I was still thinking at this point that I had forgotten to pay my bill and my service was suspended.

2) Social media. Confirming Freedom's network issues was as easy as entering #freedommobile on Twitter. If your city or town has a subreddit, that might be a good place to look, too; unfortunately my own query on r/Toronto quickly devolved into an FM-bashing session, which of course would never happen here.

3) Downdetector. This is a new one for me. By simply Googling "is Freedom Mobile down?" I was directed to a site called Canadian Outages, where you can actually search for carrier outages by city. And if you're so inclined, you can download their Android or iOS app, and/or their plugin for Amazon Alexa. They even have a Twitter feed for outages across various networks and services—one each for Canada and the USA.

Hopefully no one reading this will ever experience another carrier outage. But in case you do, now you know where you can go to confirm it.

Link: Freedom Mobile on CanadianOutages.com
    It's unfortunate how HowardForums has gone downhill over the past few years (or specifically the Freedom Mobile section in HoFo). This used to be such a vibrant community with lots of good posts and info. The last couple of years... not so much. Reddit is much better now IMO.

Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I called in and asked what type of compensation they were offering. I was given 20$ plus tax credit for the outage.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast