Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Pushing bad APN to Google Pixel XL?

Feedback Score

Cricket Pushing bad APN to Google Pixel XL?

Has anyone had any experience with Cricket pushing out a bad/incomplete APN? I have seen some discussions on reddit but not a final solution. I have a google Pixel XL (first gen). I have an APN with MMS settings but after a reboot I get a new APN that is missing the MMS settings and my MMS stops working.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Cricket Pushing bad APN to Google Pixel XL?

iPhone user here, it seems that it’s an issue for lots of android phones and requires the user to add other apn that work. I’m sure you can do a search for other posts with similar issues and how to add an apn that works...

Doubt it’s just cricket as a google search shows other carrier with similar problems.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    My Pixel 2 XL gets two APNs about monthly. One will have the correct settings. I have to go in and delete the APN with missing settings.

Feedback Score
    Seems to be an issue specific to Pixel devices. Just have to nuke the bad APN every time.

Feedback Score
    I can't get my Pixel XL to work for group messages OR picture messages. I'm running Oreo, version 8.1. What APN settings should I be using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I can't get my Pixel XL to work for group messages OR picture messages. I'm running Oreo, version 8.1. What APN settings should I be using?
    Go into your APN settings, there will be two of them. Delete the one that is incomplete (missing info inside). Everything will start working.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    If the mmsc doesn't show http://mmsc.aiowireless.net and the proxy proxy.aiowirelesss.net then that's the one you want to delete.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Cricket has been pushing bad APNs for some time now. I used to manage APN manually on my androids. I made the switch to iphone about 1 year ago. Problem solved.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    I have a Sony Xperia X Compact that I bought and started using in November. It received a configuration message the day I started using it. The configuration is correct, I didn't have to edit it and it hasn't had one "pushed" to it since. Same experience with my wife's Nexus 6p, one configuration message, configured correctly and nothing since. I have a Cricket SIM in a Nvidia Shield tablet I had to configure manually because it apparently never received a configuration message, and then an android based quasi-feature phone, a Sonim XP5700, that also had the correct APN pushed to it on first use about 2 years ago and never an issue since.

My mom is on Net10 (AT&T), initially with a Samsung S5 Active that would never keep the right APN. We switched her to an iPhone SE and that problem went away. So it's not just Cricket...

I'm at a loss to explain why the OP is getting new APNs pushed to him on every reboot. That's not how that is supposed to work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    I have a Sony Xperia X Compact that I bought and started using in November. It received a configuration message the day I started using it. The configuration is correct, I didn't have to edit it and it hasn't had one "pushed" to it since. Same experience with my wife's Nexus 6p, one configuration message, configured correctly and nothing since. I have a Cricket SIM in a Nvidia Shield tablet I had to configure manually because it apparently never received a configuration message, and then an android based quasi-feature phone, a Sonim XP5700, that also had the correct APN pushed to it on first use about 2 years ago and never an issue since.

My mom is on Net10 (AT&T), initially with a Samsung S5 Active that would never keep the right APN. We switched her to an iPhone SE and that problem went away. So it's not just Cricket...

I'm at a loss to explain why the OP is getting new APNs pushed to him on every reboot. That's not how that is supposed to work.
    It's not, yet that is what's happening with Pixel devices and Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    Cricket has been pushing bad APNs for some time now. I used to manage APN manually on my androids. I made the switch to iphone about 1 year ago. Problem solved.
    I've personally had Androids only on cricket and never had a bad APN.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post

It sounds like something with the pixel. Maybe they just need to edit the 2nd APN to be correct instead of deleting it and it'll stop pushing new ones.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    It sounds like something with the pixel. Maybe they just need to edit the 2nd APN to be correct instead of deleting it and it'll stop pushing new ones.

Interesting since the Pixel and Nexus are closely related OSwise.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad I read this thread. I plugged a cricket sim into my wife's Google Pixel 2 XL a couple days ago, and yesterday she was complaining about not receiving MMS. Sure enough, 2 APNs. The first was incomplete, so I deleted it and everything seems to be working. If I see a 2nd APN again, I will enter the missing information and see if that sticks.

thanks everyone

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Same problem here, my Pixel XL (v1) running stock Android Oreo will not work with MMS. I started a thread last week on it here and changed my APN over but it won't work for very long. The APN gets discarded for the Cricket version they keep pushing. This is a recent issue, I never had a problem until recently.

This is the thread we discussed it on:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ads-won-t-work

I don't know what to do now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast