Thread: Samsung galaxy s9 and s9 Plus

Feedback Score

Samsung galaxy s9 and s9 Plus

Hey guys just a quick question if you are considering getting Samsung galaxy s9 or s9 Plus when it comes out

I am currently on a iPhone X for T-Mobile but would love to experience Qualcomm and the speeds with 4 x4 Mimo and 256 Quam. Never had a android phone. Always iPhones and I am seriously considering getting Samsung s9.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What speeds do you get on your current iPhone ?
    Also, it will _really_ depend on where you are for truly high speeds.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score

Max 50 mbits download and maybe 15-20 upload standing within 1/8 mile from the tower which I know for a fact has the technology because my friend has android and we did a side by side speed test comparison. He got 140 mbits down and 65 up. We were connected to same server manually picked and even one test we did auto server pick and he still got more than I

He also gets 4 bars in my house of service I get 1-2 the tower is 1.1 miles from my house

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I believe Intel can get those speeds too but they are intentionally set on Intel. The worst part is that Apple is going all Intel for all iPhones in 2018 from what I read.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I believe Intel can get those speeds too but they are intentionally set on Intel. The worst part is that Apple is going all Intel for all iPhones in 2018 from what I read.
    I don't blame Apple for running from Qualcomm, due to Qualcomm's frivolous lawsuits.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek1982 View Post
    Max 50 mbits download and maybe 15-20 upload standing within 1/8 mile from the tower which I know for a fact has the technology because my friend has android and we did a side by side speed test comparison. He got 140 mbits down and 65 up. We were connected to same server manually picked and even one test we did auto server pick and he still got more than I

He also gets 4 bars in my house of service I get 1-2 the tower is 1.1 miles from my house
    That's interesting but what can you not do with your iPhone that your friend can?

Is it simply a case of bragging rights or being mesmerized by the higher numbers?

Sent from my Fire HD

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    That's interesting but what can you not do with your iPhone that your friend can?

Is it simply a case of bragging rights or being mesmerized by the higher numbers?

Sent from my Fire HD
    The S9 will include B71. 4x4 MIMO provides better edge of cell performance as well. It does make a difference believe it or not. Just my 2.5 C

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I don't blame Apple for running from Qualcomm, due to Qualcomm's frivolous lawsuits.
    What is Frivolous about Apple violating their Non Disclosure agreement with Qualcomm and giving Intel access to Qualcomm's chip software? Qualcomm he chipmaker filed the lawsuit against Apple on Wednesday in California state court in San Diego, adding yet another front to their bitter legal battle. Apple is being sued for breach of a contract that governs the use of software needed to make chips work with other parts of mobile phones and communicate with networks. The only reason Apple is claiming they are moving to Intel now is so they can hope to get an agreement from Qualcomm to source some of their chips in their next phones to settle the lawsuit. I hope the Judge makes Intel and Apple pay 50% of their profits on every iPhone they sell for stealing Qualcomm's code.

Qualcomm Says Apple Breached Contract on Phone-Chip Software

BTW, talk about Frivolous lawsuits how about Apple suing Samsung in the past for or allegedly copying look and feel of iPhone, iPad?

Apple sues Samsung for allegedly copying look and feel of iPhone, iPad

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek1982 View Post
    Hey guys just a quick question if you are considering getting Samsung galaxy s9 or s9 Plus when it comes out

I am currently on a iPhone X for T-Mobile but would love to experience Qualcomm and the speeds with 4 x4 Mimo and 256 Quam. Never had a android phone. Always iPhones and I am seriously considering getting Samsung s9.
    I am the last one that would defend Apple. However ... speed isn't the main issue with MIMO. Improved connectivity is the beam forming feature of 4x4 MIMO that will keep you connected to the tower better. The more powerful Cell Tower signal drops communication to the weak signal from the smart phone when the tower can't hear the smart phone. More Antennas in some cases with MIMO helps stay connected. Qualcomm could be coming out with a 8x8 MIMO in 2019... Apple is using SU-MIMO and Samsung is using MU-MIMO. MU-MIMO has all the ability as SU-MIMO ( SU = Single user) but MU-MIMO works only with 5Ghz like LAA small cells on Wi-Fi. Since T-Mobile is rolling out 28,000 small cells that could be a big advantage depending where you live.

Check out this quote below that the iPhone X and 8 both have 2x2 MIMO so it could equal the S9 in many places with speed....

"The iPhone X and 8 both pack the previous 2x2 MIMO tech, and the jump looks to provide a significant reason to upgrade in 2018. In a test earlier this month, T-Mobile showed off how phones with 4x4 MIMO Gigabit LTE can download files much faster than those with 2x2, with the entire film Pulp Fiction landing on a phone in half as much time with 4x4 MIMO tech. With that kind of speed, you can expect web pages to load faster than you can say."What ain't no country I ever heard of," (we assume).

While 4x4 MIMO — also called Advanced LTE by some providers — is a first for Apple, it's not new in smartphones. In fact, this technology has already been available in the Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, LG V30, HTC U11 and Moto Z2 Force."

2018 iPhone Could Have a First for Apple Phones
    Last edited by shilohcane; 02-06-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an s8 plus as my back up phone and itís great I donít think the s9 is wroth buying sure the 845 is an upgrade but not huge the only thing the s9 has thatís new is the stereo speakers and also the new price tag from what I read 1000 they are out of there mind

Sent from my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    I have an s8 plus as my back up phone and it’s great I don’t think the s9 is wroth buying sure the 845 is an upgrade but not huge the only thing the s9 has that’s new is the stereo speakers and also the new price tag from what I read 1000 they are out of there mind

Sent from my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk
    If you are a T-Mobile customer and living in a area that has Band 71 service or is going to have B71 service this year the S9 would be worth replacing the S8. NYC will be getting B71 soon and Miami plus South East Florida will be getting B71 where I live sometime after June 1st. Since my old LG G4 from 2015 is getting a little old I am considering a S9 but with 5G coming in late 2018 or early 2019 that has me thinking what I should buy.

Since the S8 doesn't support B71 the people that live in these B71 areas should consider the S9. There is a lot more B71 areas coming fast.

T-Mobiles deployed 600 Mhz Band 71 Map.

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1517943510.488824.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  31.9 KB

Here is my problem closest band 71 tower(s) are 1.2 hrs from me no spill over over that long of a distance. Maybe they will start deploying it soon towards Myrtle Beach sc area soon.

We do have band 5 LTE here which runs on 850 MHz but would like be to experience that band 600 MHz in buildings.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    If you are a T-Mobile customer and living in a area that has Band 71 service or is going to have B71 service this year the S9 would be worth replacing the S8. NYC will be getting B71 soon and Miami plus South East Florida will be getting B71 where I live sometime after June 1st. Since my old LG G4 from 2015 is getting a little old I am considering a S9 but with 5G coming in late 2018 or early 2019 that has me thinking what I should buy.

Since the S8 doesn't support B71 the people that live in these B71 areas should consider the S9. There is a lot more B71 areas coming fast.

T-Mobiles deployed 600 Mhz Band 71 Map.
    Plus the S9 will support a limited amount of B71 CA combos like 2+71 and 4+71. Not sure that the S8 Active can support 71 in any combo even with an update. I don't remember seeing any in the FCC docs.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    The S9 will include B71. 4x4 MIMO provides better edge of cell performance as well. It does make a difference believe it or not. Just my 2.5 C
    Iím not doubting you at all I just donít know if itís worth jumping to the S9 from an iPhone X.

Iím not good with any 1000.00 phone really and itís not an issue of being able to afford it. Half that money buys a real good, high quality phone.

Although, I will admit to buying one of these babies way back when.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by billm261; 02-06-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Iím not doubting you at all I just donít know if itís worth jumping to the S9 from an iPhone X.

Iím not good with any 1000.00 phone really and itís not an issue of being able to afford it. Half that money buys a real good, high quality phone.

Although, I will admit to buying one of these babies way back when.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    True. The biggest advantage though that Samsung has is the ability to manually connect to a specific LTE/UMTS band without root. For those hunting for B71, you can lock it on that band only and search, where the iPhone and other Androids you have to keep checking to see if the phone connects when closer to a site that has it deployed.