Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New things coming for metro pcs!

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

New things coming for metro pcs!

So what's new and coming out!

Hotspot device called Linkzone by Alcatel you can add it on a current account for $35 a month or $70 on a stand alone line with 10 gigs of hotspot, not really that great of a deal since you can mirror a hotspot plan for only $30

Samsung j7 black 32gb pretty much the same phone as the previous one but more memory!

The 4 for $100 or 5 for $125 is back when porting a number (not for adding a line) - Truely unlimited data the only downside is Data maxamizer is enabled and cannot be turned off for video streaming only up to 480p

You can also port a number and get up to $120 off a phone so the Samsung j7 will be free along with the k20 and ZTE blade and any phone under $120 or pay the difference if it's more. (facebook coupon code required marketed in select areas only)

Also the Aristo 2 just came out a few days ago with facial unlocking.

Not too bad of promos, you can also get a free phone under $49 if you start on the $50 plan or $59 if you start on the $60 plan or take that amount off, plus sales tax on the phone!

I love my service with metropcs as it's been the fastest carrier I've ever had reaching speeds of 100Mpbs and averaging 40-70Mbps in my area and for only $25 a month for unlimited how could I ever complain
    Last edited by ryan1918; 01-24-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Device(s)
    blackberry 8320 sunset
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    There’s another j3 prime launching January 29th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    yeah it's only different color back nothing different about the phone itself though.

Feedback Score
    I wish Metro would improve their account self-services for things like swapping sims or changing plans. The website is really barebones.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I agree there website needs a complete re-do, the reason I think a lot of the things are like that is they want you to visit a metro pcs store to get things done vs calling customer service or doing it yourself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    So what's new and coming out!

Hotspot device called Linkzone by Alcatel you can add it on a current account for $35 a month or $70 on a stand alone line with 10 gigs of hotspot, not really that great of a deal since you can mirror a hotspot plan for only $30

Samsung j7 black 32gb pretty much the same phone as the previous one but more memory!

The 4 for $100 or 5 for $125 is back when porting a number (not for adding a line) - Truely unlimited data the only downside is Data maxamizer is enabled and cannot be turned off for video streaming only up to 480p

You can also port a number and get up to $120 off a phone so the Samsung j7 will be free along with the k20 and ZTE blade and any phone under $120 or pay the difference if it's more. (facebook coupon code required marketed in select areas only)

Also the Aristo 2 just came out a few days ago with facial unlocking.

Not too bad of promos, you can also get a free phone under $49 if you start on the $50 plan or $59 if you start on the $60 plan or take that amount off, plus sales tax on the phone!

I love my service with metropcs as it's been the fastest carrier I've ever had reaching speeds of 100Mpbs and averaging 40-70Mbps in my area and for only $25 a month for unlimited how could I ever complain
    Interesting about the Facebook coupon code. I couldn't find any ebay sellers, but maybe I did the wrong search.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hotspot device is a waste of time (without an unlimited option). Most people use their phones for hotspot.

MetroPCS needs to focus on NEW PHONES and an easier method of BRING YOUR OWN.

Very disappointed that MetroPCS doesn't seem to be innovating in any way.

I love MetroPCS, but they need to up their game.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    The ONE thing that MetroPCS needs above everything else (because the service is excellent) is the ability to swap SIMs without having to call customer service. That's just plain dumb.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    The ONE thing that MetroPCS needs above everything else (because the service is excellent) is the ability to swap SIMs without having to call customer service. That's just plain dumb.
    I couldn't agree more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Hotspot device is a waste of time (without an unlimited option). Most people use their phones for hotspot.

MetroPCS needs to focus on NEW PHONES and an easier method of BRING YOUR OWN.

Very disappointed that MetroPCS doesn't seem to be innovating in any way.

I love MetroPCS, but they need to up their game.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Unfortunately Metro is relying too heavily on their independent dealer network instead of investing in corporate and online. I'd like to see Metro sell self-activation kits at box stores. Sadly Boost is doing better in this aspect. Metro activations are way down from a year ago and they're doing almost nothing to entice customers. Everyone has a 4 x $100 deal, so customers are flocking to carriers where its easier to activate (e.g Cricket) and avoid middle-men.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post

IMO swapping SIMs into new phones isn't that hard on MetroPCS when done by calling in and using the automated system. I also gave up on trying to do it through the website.

Also IMO, as to quality of MetroPCS voice and data service is uneven, both geographically and temporally. Temporally as in for a year its good, then the towers become clogged with too much traffic, and if one is on de-prioritized Metro service it becomes bad before the problem is fixed.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I see people going to my local Metro store to pay their bill and do whatever else. Like someone posted before, the reliance of people on the stores is a money maker for the stores.

For those that are knowledgeable, paying extra fees shouldn’t be an issue.

As long as the service works well, the price stays low and they keep offering “Metro Rewards”, I’m staying with them.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora415 View Post
    IMO swapping SIMs into new phones isn't that hard on MetroPCS when done by calling in and using the automated system. I also gave up on trying to do it through the website.
    Even the automated system has hiccups. I've yet to successfully switch between using iPhones. Either way that's my only complaint with MetroPCS.

Feedback Score
    I think you should not be required to go to a store for all the phone deals. I prefer buying at target or bestbuy. If it was easier to get a cheap phone without going to a store i might have signed up but went with boost because i got a cheap phone online.

They have a lot of stores now so they want everyone going to them now.

Also all the good deals are always family plans. I wish single lines could get a good deal too. If i got a low price i would stay with the service as long as a family plan.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I think you should not be required to go to a store for all the phone deals. I prefer buying at target or bestbuy. If it was easier to get a cheap phone without going to a store i might have signed up but went with boost because i got a cheap phone online.

They have a lot of stores now so they want everyone going to them now.

Also all the good deals are always family plans. I wish single lines could get a good deal too. If i got a low price i would stay with the service as long as a family plan.
    The website is �� anyway. I almost feel like it is worth it to be at the store to ensure I’m getting exactly what I intended.

As said above, the site/app should allow IMEI changes if they can’t do away with the IMEI lock altogether. Also, you have to call in when dropping add-on services like Mexico roaming. Don’t these policies make support MORE expensive in the long run?

What would be an example of a good single line promo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast