Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Removeing Lockscreen Ads From All Amazon Prime Exclusive Devices!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

Amazon Removeing Lockscreen Ads From All Amazon Prime Exclusive Devices!

See https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...oftware-update .

"New devices will no longer come with the ads, and there will be a software update that will remove them from customers’ existing devices as well."
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Oops...I misspelled "removing", lol! Oh, well!

Also:
    "Amazon will continue to offer the phones for Prime members at discounted prices, without the annoying ads and offers clogging up your lock screen. Now, the only sacrifice users have to make for the discount will be Amazon’s preinstalled apps (which can’t be uninstalled) for Prime Video, Prime Music, and an Amazon Widget."

Device(s)
    Moto G (6)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Adding $20 to the price of the Prime phones. Oh how nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wonder if you will be able to do a boot loader unlock now? They only discount the Moto E4 by $30 so with a $20 increase doesn't seem worth it. You couldn't buy an E4/E4 Plus offer phone on their site in the last week or so. This might explain why.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prof68 View Post
    Adding $20 to the price of the Prime phones. Oh how nice.
    Oh! It looks like the article update about the $20 price increase was added just as I was making my original post!

But it's still pretty good news for those that purchased previously at the full original discount!

But the $20 price increase on the new Prime exclusive devices now makes it even less attractive to buy a bootloader locked phone that has non-removable Amazon apps...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Wonder if you will be able to do a boot loader unlock now? They only discount the Moto E4 by $30 so with a $20 increase doesn't seem worth it. You couldn't buy an E4/E4 Plus offer phone on their site in the last week or so. This might explain why.
    I don't know it for a fact, but I would guess they are still bootloader locked, since they will still have "Amazon’s preinstalled apps (which can’t be uninstalled) for things like Prime Video and Prime Music, and an Amazon Widget (which will still display ads and offers)."

Hmmm...it looks like the article I linked is still in the process of being changed/edited...as evidenced by the sentence I have in quotes compared to the original sentence I posted above...

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    DOA

Only a matter of time before they drop it completely. What's the discount now with the price increase? $30 discount?

If so this will not last much longer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I bought a G5+ last year as a second phone, so the ads haven't bothered me. Worth the discount. Even better without the ads.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pclover View Post
    DOA

Only a matter of time before they drop it completely. What's the discount now with the price increase? $30 discount?

If so this will not last much longer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Depends on the phone. E4 it will only be $10 discount. G5 is $45 now, will become $25. Some are $50 discount now which will be $30. Some are $70 discount which will become $50.

Feedback Score
    I have bought at Christmas a new Kindle HD10 with ads. I have chatted with them and I have asked how can I remove the ads.
    They have removed them for free on spot, because I was "a long time Prime client".

On my previous Kindle HD8.9 the ads didn't bother me.

Of course the Amazon phones will still have locked bootloader. So probably no root (unless KingRoot makes some discovery).

Moto X4 has an $120 discount now, at $280!

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would rather pay full price than have crap that I don't want and can't remove on my phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    See https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...oftware-update .

"New devices will no longer come with the ads, and there will be a software update that will remove them from customers’ existing devices as well."
    The ads are a joke. The ads are not targeted to what you buy. I am a long time prime member. I buy lots of computer stuff, electronics and tools. I get ads for cosmetics and interior decorating.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a Fire tablet and I don't mind the lock screen ad there. But I use the tablet less frequently and for longer sessions than a phone. As often as I'm picking up my phone for a quick look at something, well, I just don't want to see ads all the time. I use the Prime Video and Music and Kindle apps already, so no problem with those.

This change means I'm slightly more likely to buy a Prime phone in the future. Slightly.

Feedback Score
    could this be a sign that their getting ready to discontinue / dump the phone ??

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    could this be a sign that their getting ready to discontinue / dump the phone ??
    What phone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast