Thread: Verizon band 2

Feedback Score

Verizon band 2

So my phone at the time pixel 2xl use to connect to band 4 all them time until last week now it connect to band 2 and 13. Now I have note 8 and I still haven't seen any band 4 since I switched phones only band 4 and 13

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxagent47xxx View Post
    So my phone at the time pixel 2xl use to connect to band 4 all them time until last week now it connect to band 2 and 13. Now I have note 8 and I still haven't seen any band 4 since I switched phones only band 4 and 13

What market are you in? There’s a bug with B4/B66 MFBI broadcasting where it will display as B2 on third party signal apps, as well as give off a B2 UARFCN.
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    What market are you in? There’s a bug with B4/B66 MFBI broadcasting where it will display as B2 on third party signal apps, as well as give off a B2 UARFCN.
    I'm in Bethlehem pa

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Is 4/66 MFBI in our market?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    Is 4/66 MFBI in our market?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That I'm not . Sure of

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxagent47xxx View Post

Just curious, why is this an issue? Carrier aggregation is likely being used so it usually doesn't matter what band it says you're on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Just curious, why is this an issue? Carrier aggregation is likely being used so it usually doesn't matter what band it says you're on.
    I was thinking that. Apps only shows the pcc on CA. Unfortunately vzw Samsung phones can not display service mode. Only if you use a unlocked model.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I was thinking that. Apps only shows the pcc on CA. Unfortunately vzw Samsung phones can not display service mode. Only if you use a unlocked model.

Unless you have an older rooted S6, S7, or S8 with hidden menus enabled, that has been nixed as well. When I boot up my unlocked S9+ (U1 XAA) with a Verizon SIM, none of the hidden menus work. That's probably the case on the S8 U1 as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Unless you have an older rooted S6, S7, or S8 with hidden menus enabled, that has been nixed as well. When I boot up my unlocked S9+ (U1 XAA) with a Verizon SIM, none of the hidden menus work. That's probably the case on the S8 U1 as well.
    Oh I thought it was the Firmware not Sim. Wonder if a att or Sprint model would show it with VZW Sim?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Oh I thought it was the Firmware not Sim. Wonder if a att or Sprint model would show it with VZW Sim?

Other carrier models used to. With the newer baseband versions on the S8 and S9, the phone now boots up with Verizon firmware (with VZ SIM)which by default disables the hidden menus. My T-Mobile S8 I've got used to boot up with T-Mo firmware but I was able to fully utilize hidden menus with a VZ SIM while on the Verizon network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    They used to. With the newer baseband versions on the S8 and S9, the phone now boots up with Verizon firmware (with VZ SIM)which by default disables the hidden menus. My T-Mobile S8 I've got used to boot up with T-Mo firmware but I was able to fully utilize hidden menus with a VZ SIM while on the Verizon network.
    Wonder why?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Wonder why?

Probably so all the carrier features work on the device I would bet. I guess I'm lucky I flashed a custom ROM via SamPWND on XD forums which allows me to view Service Menus on my S8.

Feedback Score
    My area has had band 13 for at least 6 years band 4 for I think 4. Still no band 2. I know Verizon has had a license for 20X20 band 2 for years and I'm curious as to why they wouldn't deploy it. Band 5 I get because they are still using it for CDMA. You'd think they deploy at when CDMA is shut down but lack of band 2 make me wonder. While Verizon currently has the best coverage I my area once at&t deploys band 14 and T-Mobile deploys band 71 ( 600 MHz ) that will no longer be the case. T-Mobile already has band 4 here and their 15X15 of band 71 will trump Verizon 10X10 of band 13. They also have a license for band 2 here which they have yet to deploy, but I'll give them time since they have been here only about 2 years. Verizon has been here since before I was a customer and that 12 years.