Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 150

Thread: New Smartphone code, 53629, adds 1 GB data bonus to smartphone plans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    283
    Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    0

    New Smartphone code, 53629, adds 1 GB data bonus to smartphone plans

    Finally, a smartphone card promo code that's worth more than a buck! I received another letter from TracFone this morning, and using code 53629 with any smartphone plan of $15 or greater, receive another 1 GB of data! This code has an expiration date of June 26, 2017 (yes, that's yesterday). Tested it on both my smartphones while checking out with the $20 smartphone plan, and received an error code stating that the code was not valid for my phones. Tried it with the $15 plan using the app, and it worked. Expiration date of this code in this letter which I received today: June 26, 2017!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,634
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave940 View Post
    Finally, a smartphone card promo code that's worth more than a buck! I received another letter from TracFone this morning, and using code 53629 with any smartphone plan of $15 or greater, receive another 1 GB of data! This code has an expiration date of June 26, 2017 (yes, that's yesterday). Tested it on both my smartphones while checking out with the $20 smartphone plan, and received an error code stating that the code was not valid for my phones. Tried it with the $15 plan using the app, and it worked. Expiration date of this code in this letter which I received today: June 26, 2017!
    I got an error when applying the code with the $20-$40 and $50 smartcards, all those cards that do not allow auto fill.
    ?

    I did not get an error with the $15-$25-$35 and $125 smartcards. However, when you add the promo code it does not add the 1GB on the airtime summary. I guess you have to have faith that it will show up on your account, but with the expired date on the code I would say they do not have to honor it if it isn't added.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    4,404
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    I got an error when applying the code with the $20-$40 and $50 smartcards, all those cards that do not allow auto fill. ?

    I did not get an error with the $15-$25-$35 and $125 smartcards. However, when you add the promo code it does not add the 1GB on the airtime summary. I guess you have to have faith that it will show up on your account, but with the expired date on the code I would say they do not have to honor it if it isn't added.
    It is a mystery why the $20/$45/$50 don't have auto-refill. Also, this is a new Promo code type not seen before.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 06-27-2017 at 07:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    177
    Feedback Score
    0
    I added the 35 dollar card as I needed minutes and it gave me an extra gig of data


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just added a $15 card with this 53629 code and I got the extra 1gb of data. My balance took a few minutes to reflect all the new service. I was ready to go to chat to see what the problem was, but then it all showed up ok.

    I did not need any of this service, I had around 3000 in each bucket, that's enough for a few years for me. I wanted to see if it worked for me!

    I also noticed that Tracfone had stored my credit card info on their website. I don't like to keep cc info on sites so I will see how to remove it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    49
    Device(s)
    Current:LG Fiesta , Previous:Lg L33L (Sunset), LG L41C (U2)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I received this offer today, with yesterday as expiration day. My letter was addressed to "Resident," inside it said Status: Disconnected, but "the TracFone family misses you!" Weird. I just switched phones last month, but kept my number and everything...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Buckeye Land
    Posts
    370
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tried it on a FD card but it didn't work

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    283
    Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lorisay View Post
    I received this offer today, with yesterday as expiration day. My letter was addressed to "Resident," inside it said Status: Disconnected, but "the TracFone family misses you!" Weird. I just switched phones last month, but kept my number and everything...
    Similar situation here, my son moved his service from a BYOP LG Transpyre with a damaged screen to a Tracfone branded Samsung Galaxy Sky. Apparently, Trac CS only sees the deactivated SIM card and assumes that they have lost a customer. I suspect that we both received the first of these letters even though the promo code has "expired"... typical TracFone modus operandi.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    283
    Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    I tried it on a FD card but it didn't work
    The letter stated that the promo code only worked on smartphone plans, not regular airtime cards... not that this necessarily means anything, of course.
    I would have much preferred to use it on the $20 plan card instead of the $15. According to the letter, there was no reason that my phones should have been denied when I tried it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    686
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    It just worked for me too just now. I was down 80mb left.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,306
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you for posting this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,464
    Feedback Score
    0
    I tried to use it with a $20 basic refill on a smartphone and it wouldn't work for me either. Would have been nice if it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by dave940 View Post
    The letter stated that the promo code only worked on smartphone plans, not regular airtime cards... not that this necessarily means anything, of course.
    I would have much preferred to use it on the $20 plan card instead of the $15. According to the letter, there was no reason that my phones should have been denied when I tried it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    686
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I tried to use it with a $20 basic refill on a smartphone and it wouldn't work for me either. Would have been nice if it did.
    That's what I preferred too, but I'll be happy with what I got.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    203
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    It just worked for me on a $15 card through TF website.
    Thanks Dave!
    iPhone 6 on Tracfone BYOP.
    I hate Apple. (I really miss Android)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    49
    Device(s)
    Current:LG Fiesta , Previous:Lg L33L (Sunset), LG L41C (U2)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I posted on TF's Facebook page about the expired offer. This was the reply:
    "We apologize for the confusions. The promo code is still valid when you purchase a TracFone $15 Smartphone Plan or greater. If you need further assistance, please contact us via chat at (URL deleted) or you may also leave a direct message on our Facebook page. Thanks. ^Arianne"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 09:19 PM
  2. $30 - 6GB Data BB to Smartphone Question
    By William_Yu7 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 01:36 PM
  3. Possible to share 6 gb data on family share plan?
    By bcti in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 03:36 AM
  4. Will Verizon add a data package to a non-PDA phone?
    By Tachion in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 02:29 AM
  5. Add a laptop data card to my plan?
    By DjPiLL in forum Sprint
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 03:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks