Thread: Losing data

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Losing data

I have a tracfone sim that I bought from a friend .I purchased it because it had a very long expiration date with a considerable total on talk and text. The data was well over 9GB at the time of purchase a month ago. I check all my phones through the fast act portal once a month. All checked out fine, except the phone with this particular sim. Text and talk were fine , but the data is now at 839.4 mb. Anyone know a reason for this? The phone with the sim has been in a drawer, powered off since a month ago. I hesitate to contact TF because I'm afraid they'll gig me for the extreme expiration date.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I have a tracfone sim that I bought from a friend .I purchased it because it had a very long expiration date with a considerable total on talk and text. The data was well over 9GB at the time of purchase a month ago. I check all my phones through the fast act portal once a month. All checked out fine, except the phone with this particular sim. Text and talk were fine , but the data is now at 839.4 mb. Anyone know a reason for this? The phone with the sim has been in a drawer, powered off since a month ago. I hesitate to contact TF because I'm afraid they'll gig me for the extreme expiration date.
    This really makes no sense.

Does the phone itself show any data usage in the last month in the settings?

Are you 100% sure the SIM in question really have 9GB of data when you purchased it?

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I stand corrected, spoke with seller/friend. She said no way there was that much data on phone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I stand corrected, spoke with seller/friend. She said no way there was that much data on phone.
    Perhaps you saw 900MB and thought it was 9GB? Anyway, thanks for letting us know!