Thread: Red Pocket (Verizon Based) Iphone 6

Feedback Score

Red Pocket (Verizon Based) Iphone 6

Looking to pick the great minds on Howard Forums and see if Im missing anything important on my plan. My mom is currently using an Iphone 5s on Cricket Wireless $30 a month plan. Im thinking about buying a Verizon Prepaid Iphone 6 for $199 off their website and running it through my Verizon Prepaid Account and getting it fully unlocked. Then i would take that Iphone 6 and use it on Red Pockets Annual 500 Minute/Texts/LTE plan for $94 per year.

My questions are these:

1. Does Verizon Red Pocket limit the Iphone in anyway? Does MMS work perfectly?
    2. Assuming the Verizon service is fine / mainly on par with my Verizon Prepaid service minus wifi calling and tethering?

Thanks for the help!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, not only Wi-Fi, but you won't get VoLTE yet either.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Looking to pick the great minds on Howard Forums and see if Im missing anything important on my plan. My mom is currently using an Iphone 5s on Cricket Wireless $30 a month plan. Im thinking about buying a Verizon Prepaid Iphone 6 for $199 off their website and running it through my Verizon Prepaid Account and getting it fully unlocked. Then i would take that Iphone 6 and use it on Red Pockets Annual 500 Minute/Texts/LTE plan for $94 per year.

My questions are these:

1. Does Verizon Red Pocket limit the Iphone in anyway? Does MMS work perfectly?
    2. Assuming the Verizon service is fine / mainly on par with my Verizon Prepaid service minus wifi calling and tethering?

Thanks for the help!
    My wife uses an iPhone 6 on Red Pocket Verizon and MMS does work fine

I do believe though if you buy a Verizon prepaid phone, the phone is locked to Verizon prepaid until you keep it on their service for 6 months.

FWIW,
    Bill

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soetart View Post

I do believe though if you buy a Verizon prepaid phone, the phone is locked to Verizon prepaid until you keep it on their service for 6 months.

FWIW,
    Bill
    This is great information, thank you! I was most worried about MMS not working fine. Does it have Visual Voicemail with the Iphone 6??

The Verizon Prepaid requirement is 6 months or $150 worth of service. Having two lines on Verizon prepaid (me and my wife) should allow me to sweet talk them into unlocking it within 1-2 months.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soetart View Post

FWIW,
    Bill
    I bought a cheap E4 last summer as an extra phone for $40. While the phone was showing in the online web page, I added $75 to my account. I was then able to unlock it. I then moved the phone to another account, and put my iPhone back onto the account.

Once I finished using the $75, I left Verizon since their service, for me, had degraded at work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    This is great information, thank you! I was most worried about MMS not working fine. Does it have Visual Voicemail with the Iphone 6??
    My wife's phone does not have Visual Voicemail working on her iPhone 6.

Bill

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I bought a cheap E4 last summer as an extra phone for $40. While the phone was showing in the online web page, I added $75 to my account. I was then able to unlock it. I then moved the phone to another account, and put my iPhone back onto the account.

Once I finished using the $75, I left Verizon since their service, for me, had degraded at work.
    I did the same think with a Moto E4 i got from Walmart a couple months ago. Put it on Verizon Prepaid for a month to see if the service was good enough for my dad to justify leaving ATT MVNO. It was so got unlock code and hes using it on TracPhone CDMA now.