Thread: Telus Billing Cycle and Credit Reporting

Feedback Score

Telus Billing Cycle and Credit Reporting

I am about to upgrade to a bigger house and it's mortgage shopping time. So I pulled my credit report. Excited about having am 835 Equifax Fico score. However, I just notice two blemishes on my otherwise perfect report. Telus has reported me as 30 days late on two occasions, once in 2015 and again in 2016.

I am very meticulous at paying my bills once I get an invoice. I called Telus to verify things and got a rep who was not exactly the most empathetic and I even after several minutes on the phone I could not make sense of some of his explanations about billing cycles.

First, I asked him if he could send me copies of my invoice from those two months in question and he said they do not keep those records beyond 18 months. I will have to get statements from my bank to make sure payments were made.

Secondly, I asked him what my billing cycle was and what the due date was, so I could calculate 30 days past due date and reconcile with my bank statements to see if I ever went 30 days past due date. He insisted that is not how Telus calculated their dates for reporting to the credit agency. We went in circles with him trying to explain to me how Telus figures out when to report a payment as being late and according to his explanation, Telus did not even need to wait 30 days from a due date. Honestly none of it made any sense. I eventually asked to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold for a good 10 minutes and came back saying no supervisor was available but I would be called back within 24 hours. Anyone knows how these Telus billing cycles work and when are payments due?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I think you should appeal directly to the credit agency that is showing the late payments. This will be tough for you to resolve.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Public, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    @CanuckStorm even a day late gets reported
    Up to 30 days late is what you are reading
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming