Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telus rep from Guatemala calls customer “racist” three times

Feedback Score

Telus rep from Guatemala calls customer “racist” three times

I just got off the phone from a Telus customer service rep in Guatemala and he called me a racist THREE times. He kept talking over me and had such a strong accent I couldn’t understand him so I simply said “I cannot understand your English.” He called me a racist three times. Unbelievable. What should I do here? He also refused to escalate the call.

Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Next time ask him what race he's referring to that you're apparently feeling superiority over... that should shut him up pretty quickly.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Don’t you just love out-sourced support? I get it’s cheaper but I haven’t met anyone who’s had a consistently pleasant experience in dealing with support staff located overseas. It ultimately leads to frustrated customers who might end up terminating their business with the company due to that frustration. I’ve seen it happen with Bell, with my own employer, and other companies too. Sorry for venting and derailing the conversation...I’m just tired of these companies out-sourcing support, especially at a time when there’s so much emphasis on the “customer experience”. I’ve been lucky in that every time I called Telus, I spoke to someone in Canada...possibly because I was a corporate customer? I think Rogers is the only carrier to still have full support (for all of their products) in Canada?

Anyway, why not try calling back and hopefully you get a better rep. Or use the online chat.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Not a Canadian carrier but I had a poor experience recently with an outsourced tmobile rep over a billing issue. I call back to get a better rep

Feedback Score
    In my Opinion which involves all Major Canadian Cell Providers, Telus Mobilicity Provides the Best outsourced Call Center Experience.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

I don’t think Rogers has any off-shore customer support. I believe they’re the only big 3 carrier (possibly the only Canadian carrier) with 100% support in Canada. I remember a friend of the family (who used to work for Rogers about a year ago) said they don’t have any overseas customer support. Also, from personal experience, whenever I’ve had to call Rogers (for tv, internet, cell, etc), I’ve always spoken to someone in Canada.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Rogers is all based in Canada, to the point where they start the call with it's "Kathy from Moncton" or whatever. Bell is hit or miss, IMO and with Telus I've always gotten outsourced service. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes there can be a lot of noise on the call and accents can be thick. If you're going to exploit an oligopoly in this country, the least these companies can do is create a few more domestic jobs.

Feedback Score
    I'm hearing impaired so any strong accent is wonky for me. Within the 1st few seconds I tell them I'm hearing impaired. It's not about volume. I ask them to speak slower & clearer. In the US that goes for Southern & Northeastern accents. And worldwide Indian sing songy accents gives me a splitting headache if I listen to it for longer than a minute. So I hardly get that you're a racist comment or attitude from CSR.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    All the calls are recorded and if he did as you claim you just hit the jackpot
    File a formal complaint

Just for a misspoken phrase I took Koodo for $250 last month
    They take that stuff seriously trust me
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Feedback Score
    If you're on Android download ACR - Automatic Call Recorder

Feedback Score

I spoke with a manager today and she said Human Resources is involved now. I told her I did NOT want this rep to lose their job. I made that very clear. It’s hard to speak a different language I get it. I just got frustrated when the rep wouldn’t transfer me to his supervisor.

Feedback Score

Update to this guys. While I was speaking to a manager about this the lady told me my device balance was incorrect and still showing my old device. So she went and added about $100 to my device balance!!!! And she told me that was her resolution !!! WTF. She told me my old device balance was waived, even though there was zero record of this on my bill.

So according to Telus I am a racist and they think they can change the device balance whenever they want!!! I was speaking with a man named Michel director at TELUS who would NOT let me record our phone conversation and he told me I had to go to CCTS.

What really made my blood boil tho was he hung up on me ! Is this was Telus directors teach their client care reps to do? Hang up the phone on customers??

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    They can not prevent you from recording a phone conversation IF you are involved in the conversation
    It is only illegal if you record someone else (eg your wife talks to Telus)

They can change device subsidy at will but again if it is not in your favour file a complaint to CCTS

Feedback Score
    In Canada, personal conversations (not on behalf of a business/third party) can always be recorded without the other party's consent.

In other words, you can record your conversation with Telus and not inform them. Telus must inform you if they wish to record the same conversation.

I would go ahead and file a complaint with CCTS right away.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G_LTE View Post
    Update to this guys. While I was speaking to a manager about this the lady told me my device balance was incorrect and still showing my old device. So she went and added about $100 to my device balance!!!! And she told me that was her resolution !!! WTF. She told me my old device balance was waived, even though there was zero record of this on my bill.

So according to Telus I am a racist and they think they can change the device balance whenever they want!!! I was speaking with a man named Michel director at TELUS who would NOT let me record our phone conversation and he told me I had to go to CCTS.

What really made my blood boil tho was he hung up on me ! Is this was Telus directors teach their client care reps to do? Hang up the phone on customers??
    So much for best customer service award.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast