Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Newbie- looking for help

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The out of stock prepaid model for $40 still appears at Walmart.com. Wonder what the price in store is now?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-M...lver/953073971
    Hard to say but Brickseek is showing $70 for some stores and still $39.88 for others but in my area almost all have no stock showing using Brickseek.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Hard to say but Brickseek is showing $70 for some stores and still $39.88 for others but in my area almost all have no stock showing using Brickseek.
    Do you have the brickseek link or SKU for the Verizon Moto E4? I used the function "Need help finding an SKU?" on brickseek but it could find only the E4 Plus and USCC version.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    The out of stock prepaid model for $40 still appears at Walmart.com. Wonder what the price in store is now?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-M...lver/953073971
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Do you have the brickseek link or SKU for the Verizon Moto E4? I used the function "Need help finding an SKU?" on brickseek but it could find only the E4 Plus and USCC version.
    It's the # at the end of the link: 953073971 . http://brickseek.com/walmart-invento...?sku=953073971

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's the # at the end of the link: 953073971 . http://brickseek.com/walmart-invento...?sku=953073971
    Thanks. Brickseek shows my local Walmarts are all out of stock.

Feedback Score
    The LG Rebel 3 in the bundle that I mentioned in post #5 above is not too shabby. It has Android 7.x (Nougat) and 16BG of internal memory like the Moto E4. It has less RAM (1GB vs 2GB), slower processor, lower-res screen. But it's not a bad "starter" phone and certainly can handle calls, text, email. The best thing is that it's "cheaper than free" because the bundle comes with 1-yr of service and 1500 in each bucket and costs only $60, which is $65 cheaper than the $125 1-yr card that you were planning to buy. Even if your Dad doesn't like it and just throws it away, you still come out ahead.
    It makes complete sense to get the LG Rebel bundle deal considering his needs. Thank you for the tip!

Feedback Score
    The Rebel 3 has a Verizon SIM. It is almost certainly Nano sized, the same size as used by the Moto E4. You could move the SIM to an E4 if you wanted to chance using Verizon service with the E4 or transfer service to a Tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM for the E4..

If you moved the Rebel 3 SIM you must not allow anyone to re-activate the Rebel 3. One active SIM per Tracfone (S/N-IMEI), the first SIM would be de-activated, losing the airtime and phone number.
    I think I am confused about transferring service to a tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM. Assuming I buy and activate the HSN Rebel 3/Verizon SIM and then decide I am not happy with the service, are you saying this phone would then be useless bc of the "one active SIM per tracfone"?

Say I bought the bundle and instead of using it for a year, I used to for 6 months and then wanted to cancel this number and get a new tracpone number/plan, would I then be able to use this phone by simply purchasing NEW sim and airtime? Thank you.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscats123 View Post
    I think I am confused about transferring service to a tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM. Assuming I buy and activate the HSN Rebel 3/Verizon SIM and then decide I am not happy with the service, are you saying this phone would then be useless bc of the "one active SIM per tracfone"?

Say I bought the bundle and instead of using it for a year, I used to for 6 months and then wanted to cancel this number and get a new tracpone number/plan, would I then be able to use this phone by simply purchasing NEW sim and airtime? Thank you.
    I am not quite clear on exactly what you are asking, but I'll take a stab at it........

an AT&T SIM will not work in the Rebel 3 so if you transfer service to an AT&T SIM you will need a device that is AT&T network compatible, after transferring service then the Rebel 3 and original SIM will be good to re-activate.

The service time and units never expire as long as you maintain service days, so it would not make sense to cancel the number, etc.

To better answer your questions you might try and clarify what your intentions are or might be
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score

To get the bundled units and service time on a HSN deal you have to activate the HSN phone first. After that you can transfer the number and service to any other Tracfone compatible phone - Tracfone branded or BYOP. It is best to wait a few days after activating the HSN phone before transferring to another phone.

After transferring service from the HSN phone, the HSN phone will be elegible to be activated again with a new SIM and payment.

Feedback Score
    And a new BYOP AT&T SIM will be required if the OP wants to transfer service from the Rebel 3 back to the current AT&T BYOP phone. TracFone BYOP GSM SIMs can only be used once on TracFone, unlike CDMA SIMs.

It seems that OPs confusion was about the ability to transfer service/number back from the Rebel 3 back to the GSM BYOP - yes it can be done with a new SIM as described.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    To get the bundled units and service time on a HSN deal you have to activate the HSN phone first. After that you can transfer the number and service to any other Tracfone compatible phone - Tracfone branded or BYOP. It is best to wait a few days after activating the HSN phone before transferring to another phone.

After transferring service from the HSN phone, the HSN phone will be elegible to be activated again with a new SIM and payment.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    And a new BYOP AT&T SIM will be required if the OP wants to transfer service from the Rebel 3 back to the current AT&T BYOP phone.

It seems that OPs confusion was about the ability to transfer service/number back from the Rebel 3 back to the GSM BYOP - yes it can be done with a new SIM as described.
    OP currently doesn't have ANY phone with Tracfone service. OP was going to buy a VZ Moto E4, get it unlocked, get a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM, then buy a 1-yr 1500/1500/1500 card. But we're suggesting to go with the Rebel 3 bundle first. If it doesn't work out due to poor VZ coverage or OP's Dad doesn't like the Rebel 3, then OP can buy the Moto E4, a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM, and transfer everything from the Rebel 3 to it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the clarification.

OP posted this "I think I am confused about transferring service to a tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM." which I misinterpreted.

OP currently doesn't have ANY phone with Tracfone service. OP was going to buy a VZ Moto E4, get it unlocked, get a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM, then buy a 1-yr 1500/1500/1500 card. But we're suggesting to go with the Rebel 3 bundle first. If it doesn't work out due to poor VZ coverage or OP's Dad doesn't like the Rebel 3, then OP can buy the Moto E4, a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM, and transfer everything from the Rebel 3 to it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To clarify the one active SIM per phone.
    To activate a Tracfone branded phone you must give the phones IMEI and the SIM serial number. Even though Tracfone has already linked the two together when they packaged the phone. If you move the SIM to another phone the SIM is not automatically linked to the new phone, it is still linked to the original phone. If you then try to activate the original phone with a new SIM, the old active moved SIM you have in a new phone will be deactivated, ALL the airtime and phone number will be lost.

You must transfer the airtime and phone number to a new SIM to break the link between the original phone and it`s original SIM.
    When transferring service, Tracfone makes you transfer the phone number and airtime as a bundle, not to be split. You are allowed to change a phone number if it is a bad number receiving unwanted calls/text/voice messages, but a CSR has to do this to retain the airtime as a phone number change requires the phone be de-activated, requiring the CSR to already know what airtime has to be added back, because de-activation wipes all record of the buckets contents.

There are many ways to make a mistake with Tracfone, so run your plans by us here first.

Feedback Score
    Hello All,

Sorry I was not clear- I will try again but cannot promise I will make sense!

Please disregard my previous suggestion of unlocking a verizon moto phone.

Now lets assume I buy the HSN Rebel 3 phone with the tracfone bundle and I have NO INTENTION of transferring it to an AT&T service, do I need to do anything special to activate it since the Rebel has a verizon sim card? Basically, is it ready to activate right out of the box? Do I need a credit card to activate? Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Feedback Score
    Yes, it's 100% ready to activate out of the box, provided you have Verizon service available in your area. No cc required for activation - it's prepaid and bundle includes service for 1 year + 1500 in each bucket.

Hello All,

Sorry I was not clear- I will try again but cannot promise I will make sense!

Please disregard my previous suggestion of unlocking a verizon moto phone.

Now lets assume I buy the HSN Rebel 3 phone with the tracfone bundle and I have NO INTENTION of transferring it to an AT&T service, do I need to do anything special to activate it since the Rebel has a verizon sim card? Basically, is it ready to activate right out of the box? Do I need a credit card to activate? Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Feedback Score
    ...You are allowed to change a phone number if it is a bad number receiving unwanted calls/text/voice messages, but a CSR has to do this to retain the airtime as a phone number change requires the phone be de-activated, requiring the CSR to already know what airtime has to be added back, because de-activation wipes all record of the buckets contents.
    Is that a Verizon thing? I did a phone number change on my TF-AT&T by clicking on the button in my online account. It worked and I did not lose anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast