Thread: T-Mobile Reports Record Financial Results FY 2017

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Reports Record Financial Results FY 2017

T-Mobile Reports Record Financial Results FY 2017

The Un-carrier surpasses $40B in total revenues and $30B in service revenues, reports 5.7M net customer additions in FY 17

Feedback Score
    Yes, and it's a direct result of it improving it's network in coverage and other aspects. They want people who leave their houses to stay on T-Mobile and not be forced to get a duopoly phone. "They should use Verizon instead" said John Legere never.

If you build a better and better network, they will come. They know exactly what they are doing with their purely profit-driven coverage expansion decisions. Good for Big Magenta!
    Strong Unions: Weak Workers.
    Weak Unions: Strong Workers.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    John Legere said on Twitter;

" In fact, $TMUS captured more than 2X the postpaid phone net adds of @Verizon, more than 3X @ATT & almost 5X Sprint in Q417! Customers are flocking to $TMUS and staying! Q4 17 was our lowest-ever Q4 postpaid phone churn of 1.18%, down 10 basis points YoY!"

https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...56481094094848

Feedback Score
    I checked their actual report. The first thing they listed as a reason for their profitability, after the list of raw profit/customer numbers, is their expansion to new territory.

So much for the idea given by trolls that expanding coverage is bad, and especially that expanding coverage has nothing to do with T-Mobile profitability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I checked their actual report. The first thing they listed as a reason for their profitability, after the list of raw profit/customer numbers, is their expansion to new territory.
    Here's what they stated:

"Customer Growth Again Leads the Industry
    T-Mobile delivers superior value over the competition, and customers continue to respond by switching to the Un-carrier. Customers are loving Un-carrier benefits such as Netflix On Us and simple rate plans like T-Mobile ONE with taxes and fees included. In 2017, more than 5 million customers joined T-Mobile for the 4th year in a row - all thanks to consumer-friendly offers and an Un-carrier philosophy that puts customers first. "

They don't mention growth due to expanding coverage as you're trying to claim. They clearly use the words "all thanks to" in describing what really created their customer growth. They never state is was all thanks to new coverage in the backlands, dustbowls, swamps and other desolate areas of the country.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What can you say? People love "free" stuff.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I'm wondering will people still stay long enough to reap the full 600 rewards or will the momentum really start to decrease

Feedback Score
    "dustbowls.....

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  37.5 KB
    (Oklahoma City)

"....swamps...."

Name:  1200px-New_Orleans_skyline_2012_from_Danziger.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  55.7 KB

(New Orleans)

"....and other desolate areas of the country."

Name:  Billings_Skyline.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  81.5 KB

(Billings, Montana)

Name:  yellowstone-buffalo-jam-771x461.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  109.4 KB

(Yellowstone traffic jam)

Yeah, no one ever goes to such places, ever, right? Of course they do. It's great that T-Mobile is covering America, despite T-Mobile bashers who smear them for engaging in such a profit-driving activity. T-Mobile is looking forward.... perhaps those nostalgic for the T-Mobile of years past (say, 2014), with its tiny coverage, might want go switch to Sprint to get such an experience now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure that's the argument. What was presented was that the expansion of the network was drawing customers but what was stated in the presser was that the promos, giveaways, and all the other stuff T-Mobile does to sell the farm is the main draw in bringing customers in. This makes sense given their ads on TV that boast the same ("Taxes and fees included!", "Free Netflix on us!") which is how you can typically reach most of your audience. They're not boasting about the new expansion for now although I could see ads down the road once they get more sites up and running.

Regardless of how much they're expanding and at what pace I'd bet my next paycheck that the majority of customers a) don't even know or care about 600Mhz or that there even is a network expansion in the works and b) probably don't even know what LTE bands are since they just figure "LTE" is one thing that makes the phone work.

Feedback Score
    That sounds quite sensible Jim. But you are not the person who has repeatedly said that it is better that T-Mobile not cover large numbers of urban areas and large cities.

You are right. Surely the company is not raking in immediate profits on its investment in 600 mhz!!! But it will in the near future, that is why it is investing all this money and effort. Because it is a for-profit company and doesn't do this kind of thing just for charity or giggles.

And the recent expansion with Band 12 and other efforts is indeed a major factor in driving the company's current success. Band 71 expansion is just a continuation of this profit minded strategy.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, they should cover everywhere. More work for me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Oh, they should cover everywhere. More work for me
    Oh? Have you actually literally climbed a phone tower?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Haha no they don't force us to do that but they have a class available if I was so inclined. Since we're into the planning part we're better off on the ground doing what we need to do to get drawings put together. I let other folks take care of the tower top stuff if we ever need it. I have climbed up some sketchy ladders to get into some not so great locations though (steeples, rooftops of tall bulkheads, etc.) so that's about as far as I allow myself to go.

Feedback Score
    In other words, leave the monkey work to the monkeys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    In other words, leave the monkey work to the monkeys.
    What??????
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast