Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wirless HD voice or wifi calling from Unlocked devices?

Feedback Score

Cricket Wirless HD voice or wifi calling from Unlocked devices?

Is there anyone can confirm if unlocked devices work with HD voice and Wifi calling Cricket wireless not sold from cricket? Im planning to switch from metropcs to cricket but I need my volte and specially wifi calling I know at&t branding phones work with cricket HD voice but is it permanent or temporary? please confirm and give advise. Thanks!

I am not talking about Iphones, only android please.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That merely lists the supported devices for each -- more limited for Wifi Calling than HD Voice. It's my understanding that Cricket does NOT support those features on unlocked Androids; the Wifi Calling page says they don't support it on ANY unlocked device, but according to HoFo both features work on unlocked iPhones only. YMMV.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Both work perfectly on my unlocked 7 plus

Feedback Score
    Both those features work on my unlocked AT&T LG V20, but not on my unlocked Huawei Mate 9.

I had to activate features on iphone by putting my sim card in it.

Haven't read of anyone with Samsung phones having any luck with that trick though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    Both those features work on my unlocked AT&T LG V20, but not on my unlocked Huawei Mate 9.

I had to activate features on iphone by putting my sim card in it.

Haven't read of anyone with Samsung phones having any luck with that trick though.
    So is your LG v20 from at&t has volte and wifi calling permanently? If any devices support at&t volte will it also works onc ricket? Lg G6 unlocked version have volte and works with at&t as other user say..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    So is your LG v20 from at&t has volte and wifi calling permanently? If any devices support at&t volte will it also works onc ricket? Lg G6 unlocked version have volte and works with at&t as other user say..
    Yes, it's an AT&T branded LG V10.

I believe if the device was already approved to use these features on AT&T it should work on Cricket. Haven't heard any of the Samsung people having any luck though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    Yes, it's an AT&T branded LG V10.

I believe if the device was already approved to use these features on AT&T it should work on Cricket. Haven't heard any of the Samsung people having any luck though.
    Thats good thing to know that at&t approved phone might work with cricket.. Mate 10 pro is rumored to work with at&t volte due to repurposed at&t mate 10 pro devices that was already installed but lets see what other people see when it come out on the 18th..

and also forgot to mention that Samsung galaxy s8 carrier version release a new BYOD re customization software so it is easy to switch carriers and VoLTE should be working across carriers AT&T,Tmobile, sprint and verizon.. and i believe samsung will release this kind of software to rest of galaxy devices
    Last edited by skyethur; 02-11-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats good thing to know that at&t approved phone might work with cricket.. Mate 10 pro is rumored to work with at&t volte due to repurposed at&t mate 10 pro devices that was already installed but lets see what other people see when it come out on the 18th..

and also forgot to mention that Samsung galaxy s8 carrier version release a new BYOD re customization software so it is easy to switch carriers and VoLTE should be working across carriers AT&T,Tmobile, sprint and verizon.. and i believe samsung will release this kind of software to rest of galaxy devices
    Any link to news on this update? I didn't hear anything or get ant update on my s8+

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Should get an update every month. You'll never get one from Cricket they don't carry the phone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Should get an update every month. You'll never get one from Cricket they don't carry the phone.
    I have an unlocked s8+..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    I have an unlocked s8+..

Just sold mine and went to the Note 8. You get a security update monthly. You'll NEVER see a Cricket firmware. They are never going to carry the device, so they'll never make one. Blessing in my opinion XAA tether and come with the caller ID thing and no extra crap. Cricket isn't great, but AT&T is rugged with their bloat .

Feedback Score
    Any link to news on this update? I didn't hear anything or get ant update on my s8+

Here is the link for the Samsung BYOD recustomization this information is directly from samsung.

Galaxy s8 Plus will not work with BYOD recustomization software update to cricket and metropcs only the regular S8 will work maybe because these carriers do not offer S8 plus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is the link for the Samsung BYOD recustomization this information is directly from samsung.

Galaxy s8 Plus will not work with BYOD recustomization software update to cricket and metropcs only the regular S8 will work maybe because these carriers do not offer S8 plus.
    Funny because it shows cricket right there on the page..and when I take my sim out it does show a blue page saying carrier settings changing ... But I don't see anything new ..

Feedback Score
    Funny because it shows cricket right there on the page..and when I take my sim out it does show a blue page saying carrier settings changing ... But I don't see anything new ..

It says will not work with cricket and metro on S8 plus

And this is also not available yet on unlocked devices

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast