Thread: Targeting 325 Million People Covered with LTE in 2018

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Targeting 325 Million People Covered with LTE in 2018

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Jolly good show, but wouldn't it be better if there were more phones with 600 MHz capability?

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, I could care less about POPs. I want square miles. Areas on T-Mobile’s coverage map that show “fair” for miles and miles shouldn’t be counted, as many of these areas are no service.
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Honestly, I could care less about POPs. I want square miles. Areas on T-Mobile’s coverage map that show “fair” for miles and miles shouldn’t be counted, as many of these areas are no service.
    I do because I spend 99% of my time in areas where people live, work and play.

I agree that carrier maps can be overoptimistic but there is no denying the huge strides in coverage T-Mobile has made over the past 4 years. I'm not even sure AT&T covers this many Americans (US Only not Mexico) with LTE?

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wonder why T-Mobile won't cover the Southern Center part of Vermont. That area is basiclly where all the ski resorts are.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I do because I spend 99% of my time in areas where people live, work and play.

I agree that carrier maps can be overoptimistic but there is no denying the huge strides in coverage T-Mobile has made over the past 4 years. I'm not even sure AT&T covers this many Americans (US Only not Mexico) with LTE?
    Square miles are important. This 325M POPs claim is just hilarious. The largest LTE Carrier in the US only covers 322M POPs. I do not believe that T-Mobile will surpass Verizon in coverage within the next year - if at all.

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Targeting 325 Million People Covered with LTE in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
    Wonder why T-Mobile won't cover the Southern Center part of Vermont. That area is basiclly where all the ski resorts are.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Probably because the demand isn’t high enough. T-Mobile’s capex is also quite lower than that of its larger rivals.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Square miles are important. This 325M POPs claim is just hilarious. The largest LTE Carrier in the US only covers 322M POPs. I do not believe that T-Mobile will surpass Verizon in coverage within the next year - if at all.
    They are indeed but all major US carriers use the POPS measurement. AT&T does too.

Going from 322 million to 325 million Americans does cover quite a bit of rural ground; it has to; the last few million always do.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Going from 322 million to 325 million Americans does cover quite a bit of rural ground; it has to; the last few million always do.
    Claiming coverage of that 3 million and covering them well are two distinctly different things.
    Phone history: NEC Talktime 800, Nokia 5120, Motorola V66, Siemens M46, Siemens SL55, Siemens SX1, Siemens SL65, Siemens SL75, Nokia N95, Nokia N81, Nokia N8, Sony Xperia Z3

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What stinks is that T-Mobile is using 600 to get to that number. If Apple doesn’t have 600 in this years iPhone many people won’t see the coverage.

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They are indeed but all major US carriers use the POPS measurement. AT&T does too.

Sprint uses POPs as well. Last I checked they said around 300 million. So from this number, it seems Sprint isn’t far behind the competition. Which they are—very behind.

My point is, POPs are not everything. Square miles covered actually are. Which is where Verizon takes a large leap over T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    Claiming coverage of that 3 million and covering them well are two distinctly different things.
    You’re definitely right about that!

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    What stinks is that T-Mobile is using 600 to get to that number. If Apple doesn’t have 600 in this years iPhone many people won’t see the coverage.
    This isn't T-Mobile fault it is Apples and the people that buy phones on Bling Bling marketing. iPhones are old android technology at two years from now pricing. Some how people that buy iPhones think they are impressing everyone having a iPhone when many of us are just amazed people pay that much $$$ for old technology.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL, Pixel2, s8+, s8, s7e, Axon 7, Jelly Pro, etc
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Project Fi, att, tmo, sprint, RP/vzw, RP/tmo, TF/att, FP, Tello, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    I have wondered why Rutland was never covered being that much smaller areas have been turned on over the years. The big reason for the hole right now is that T-Mo does not own any B12 in that area. I suspect they are adding cells for B71 right now, but I have seen zero evidence related to it so far (I do not hit up that area very often).
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    Jolly good show, but wouldn't it be better if there were more phones with 600 MHz capability?
    You know, just after the 600 auction, I bet everyone here that T-Mobile would have at least one phone and one 600 MHz site by E.O.Y. '18. They beat me by a full year. I think they're doing pretty darned good. Yes, they need to get those mid-range band-71 phones available PDQ but I'm still astounded at just how fast they moved on 600.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    That's an area where USCC is supposed to be providing "like native" LTE roaming service. How much longer T-Mobile is willing to wait on USCC is another question.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast