Thread: Verizon Launches LG K8 V, First Prepaid Phone With HD Voice Support

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon Launches LG K8 V, First Prepaid Phone With HD Voice Support

Verizon Prepaid launched the LG K8 V, first prepaid phone that comes with a HD Voice support. The carrier has introduced HD Voice for its prepaid customers in September last year. The LG K8 V is available at Verizon online for $144.00.

http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com...voice-support/

Feedback Score
    oh no, this made me realize that I don't have HD voice support on my Galaxy Note 4. Regardless, voice calls sound fine to me....I'll be getting iPhone 6 Plus soon (hopefully) and then I will see if I notice any difference

Feedback Score
    I had an LG phone some time ago and that power button in the back was driving me crazy! whenever I tried to turn the phone off, the volume slider would come up instead...

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus $12 plan
    Feedback Score
    I saw this old thread about the LG K8 V and I'm curious. Selectel is giving this phone away free with the $50/mo plan. Normally when an MVNO gives away a phone bundled with a plan it's because the phone is a piece of junk. Is that the case with the K8 V?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score
    It is a good backup phone, but not as much as a primary phone. It is real slow at times. I would prefer a Moto E4 over this phone.

Feedback Score
    I have had this phone since 9-2017. Its a very good low end phone, thin, light, and a decent screen. Mine is not slow at all, and I have grown to like the back panel buttons, I hit the power or volume button by accident much more often if they are on the side. The K8V has 1.5Gb or RAM. If you do a lot of gaming, or run a lot of apps at the same time, you will want something with a lot more ram, like 3 or 4GB, and a bigger screen. I dont think Moto E4 is a substantial step up, it has 2GB of Ram and the same screen size I believe. I also have a Nexus 6P with 3Gb of RAM and it is more responsive, but its also much larger, same size as my wife's Iphone7 Plus.