Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE Unlock

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE Unlock

    SO i purchased one of those $99 Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE's from Walmart yesterday and added $150 to my account. In chat i tried to get it unlocked and the lady said this:

    Jonathan: I would like to have the device unlocked in case I ever want to use it on another provider in the future

    Taylor: Thanks for letting me know, I totally understand. However, since the device is an iPhone device, once you enter the SIM card for the other provider and ask for the code, you will need to contact us because the unlocking code needs to be sent automatically to the device from the system.


    Is that right? I didnt think Iphones had an unlock code??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    7,417
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    iPhonw does not use unlock code, it from Apple to unlock it. Once unlocked you should be notified.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    844
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    SO i purchased one of those $99 Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE's from Walmart yesterday and added $150 to my account. In chat i tried to get it unlocked and the lady said this:

    Jonathan: I would like to have the device unlocked in case I ever want to use it on another provider in the future

    Taylor: Thanks for letting me know, I totally understand. However, since the device is an iPhone device, once you enter the SIM card for the other provider and ask for the code, you will need to contact us because the unlocking code needs to be sent automatically to the device from the system.


    Is that right? I didnt think Iphones had an unlock code??
    iPhones don't have an unlock code. If you paid the ransom on the back of the box after activating the device on the prepaid line, it should be unlocked. You can buy the GSX report off of ebay for 99 cents - that will tell you the status of the device. It's worth 99 cents to get the GSX report.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    204
    Feedback Score
    0
    $99, for real? It says $199 now. Did I miss a sale?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe37 View Post
    $99, for real? It says $199 now. Did I miss a sale?
    Here ya go

    https://slickdeals.net/f/11249375-ve...archBarV2Algo1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    204
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    Thank you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    424
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    iPhones don't have an unlock code. If you paid the ransom on the back of the box after activating the device on the prepaid line, it should be unlocked. You can buy the GSX report off of ebay for 99 cents - that will tell you the status of the device. It's worth 99 cents to get the GSX report.
    When you say paid the ransom. And I did not. Do I just need to wait one year of using the locked iPhone, to have it unlocked?

    Is the GSX report some kind of check on the iPhone to determine if it is locked to a certain carrier?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    When you say paid the ransom. And I did not. Do I just need to wait one year of using the locked iPhone, to have it unlocked?

    Is the GSX report some kind of check on the iPhone to determine if it is locked to a certain carrier?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Iphone SE from Verizon Prepaid you have to use $150 worth of cellular service to qualify it for being unlocked. That however includes adding $150 worth of credit to your prepaid account and getting it unlocked immediately. I tried again through online chat and the lady confirmed my phone was unlocked (apparently the first person i talked to didnt know a whole lot). Again only had the phone a couple days and got it unlocked. Very happy with my $99 backup Iphone

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    665
    Feedback Score
    0
    To test the iPhone unlock, the easiest method is to insert a SIM from another carrier. The other option is to backup & restore.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    424
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE Unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by MayorOfSexyTown View Post
    The Iphone SE from Verizon Prepaid you have to use $150 worth of cellular service to qualify it for being unlocked. That however includes adding $150 worth of credit to your prepaid account and getting it unlocked immediately. I tried again through online chat and the lady confirmed my phone was unlocked (apparently the first person i talked to didnt know a whole lot). Again only had the phone a couple days and got it unlocked. Very happy with my $99 backup Iphone
    So since I have owned the phone for four months at around $50 a month, I should be good for a request to unlock it via chat with VERIZON. Good to know and will try soon.

    Does that go for for Verizon MVNO resellers like TOTAL WIRELESS?

    Also thinking of switching to TOTAL WIRELESS to add the Verizon phone to that account. But will double check if possible via TOTAL WIRELESS


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,868
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    So since I have owned the phone for four months at around $50 a month, I should be good for a request to unlock it via chat with VERIZON. Good to know and will try soon.

    Does that go for for Verizon MVNO resellers like TOTAL WIRELESS?

    Also thinking of switching to TOTAL WIRELESS to add the Verizon phone to that account. But will double check if possible via TOTAL WIRELESS


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, it has to be directly with Verizon Prepaid. Resellers might offer their own deals with their own unlock policies.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,367
    Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Total Wireless sells their own locked iPhone SE. It was on sale on BF at Target for $99.

    TW locks their phones and will unlock it after one year of service. However, you can activate the TW iPhones on TracFone and get it unlocked after a year of service on TF.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    170
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tested it with a Cricket sim card, worked perfectly. Apparently it was as easy as putting $150 credit on my account and requesting an unlock on chat. Now i have a spare Iphone unlocked for $99. Not too shabby especially for the silver/white one.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2017, 08:42 PM
  2. Verizon Prepaid LTE Phones Unlocked?
    By Tr0gd0r in forum Verizon Prepaid
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 10:09 PM
  3. Are Verizon Prepaid devices GSM unlocked?
    By Tr0gd0r in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 10:54 PM
  4. Newly Available Verizon Prepaid iPhone 5s Unlocked???
    By jwootang in forum Verizon Prepaid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2016, 03:50 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2015, 09:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks