Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Samsung SCH-i545 Galaxy S4 Deactivated Due to Being on Non-Pay List

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i545 Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

My Samsung SCH-i545 Galaxy S4 Deactivated Due to Being on Non-Pay List

My pre-paid Samsung SCH-i545 - Galaxy S4 16GB Android Smartphone - Verizon + GSM - Black (Certified Refurbished), which I purchased on Amazon on December 6, 2015 had the service deactivated on March 27, 2018 in spite of my paying the bill on March 20, 2018. Verizon says that the phone cannot be reactivated or even activated with a new number due to the phone being on the non-pay list. I assuming that my only option is to either switch my service to another carrier or to buy a new phone, but I thought I should check here first to see if anything has changed since the last thread I read on this subject from 2014 and ask about buying another phone, possibly a Samsung Galaxy S5, on Amazon if necessary.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    Looks like your S4 was deactivated because the person who had it before did not pay it off and it got blacklisted. Your service is still good since you just paid for another month if you put your sim in another phone. The issue was the phone got blacklisted. As for your next phone, you may also want to try swappa, as they have a requirement for phones to be checked and cleared before selling.

Device(s)
    LG600G
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I wonder about my certified refurbished S4, now. I have had it for about three years from Woot. It seems like refurbished products with Verizon is becoming a bad thing. Since then, I have switched my phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I bought this phone on Amazon and I will make sure that Verizon can activate it before the date to return it.

Samsung Galaxy S5, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
    Sold by: Superior Trading
    $104.95
    Condition: Refurbished - Professionally refurbished and cleaned. The body has some minor signs of use and wear. Tested and found to be 100% fully working. Will come with a charging cable and nothing else.
    Last edited by LapisLee; 04-04-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    Looks like your S4 was deactivated because the person who had it before did not pay it off and it got blacklisted. Your service is still good since you just paid for another month if you put your sim in another phone. The issue was the phone got blacklisted. As for your next phone, you may also want to try swappa, as they have a requirement for phones to be checked and cleared before selling.
    Swappa can only inform you if it’s currently blacklisted.

It doesn’t let you know if it is still financed which is risky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post

That's correct.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    Is it odd that Verizon did not blacklist my phone until three years after it was sold by the previous user? I would think that most phones would be paid off within three years since most phone contracts are 12 or 24 months.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LapisLee View Post
    Is it odd that Verizon did not blacklist my phone until three years after it was sold by the previous user? I would think that most phones would be paid off within three years since most phone contracts are 12 or 24 months.
    It is very odd indeed.

Feedback Score
    I used a Verizon Prepaid S4 on Cricket for about 8 months and it's still a decent compact phone. That said, your probably better off just getting a Verizon Prepaid E4 or E4+ at this point. I much prefer my E4 over my S4 for many reasons. Battery life and voice quality are the main reasons.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is the biggest bunch of scam artists around. I'm sure your phone is fine, they just want to extort you into buying a new one. See if your phone will work on another carrier and vote with your wallet.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Verizon is the biggest bunch of scam artists around. I'm sure your phone is fine, they just want to extort you into buying a new one. See if your phone will work on another carrier and vote with your wallet.
    I agree, but I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 for $105 on amazon and will see if Verizon will activate it tomorrow on their $40 a month plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...ibility_check/

Swappa can check to see if device is still financed.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    There's no way a 5 year old device is still being financed. This is pure Verizon greed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    There's no way a 5 year old device is still being financed. This is pure Verizon greed.
    It's a three-year-old device, but I concur.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Well it was a refurbished device, so even if you bought it in 2015 it was technically older than that. And the S4 was released in April 2013, like most Androids it probably saw the most sales in that first year.

Not arguing with you, but just putting into perspective what the real age of the device probably is. Because it's absolutely ludicrous that Verizon would blacklist a phone that's been active on your account for nearly two and a half years which is longer than any payment plan or contract ever lasted.

There is absolutely no way in hell this phone was under a payment plan or contract. If it was, it should have been blacklisted YEARS ago. But shady scam artist Verizon doing shady scam artist things should surprise no one. The only reason they get away with it is because fools continue to give them money!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast