Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Get a free line is back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhau001 View Post
    I already have a free line on the on us promo. Is another free line possible? Had a friend who already had a free tried to add a free line and it was an absolutely nightmare. The original free line was no longer free and became had to call for months to get the account fixed. Not sure if I want to go through that with T-Mobile.
    The new promo is if you pay for one new line, you'll get another free line after bill credits. So yes, it is possible.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does this promo works for the 55+ plan ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mm18 View Post
    Does this promo works for the 55+ plan ?
    No, you will need to change the plan to t-mobile 1 family plan 140.00 gives you 4 lines with this promo

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sucks because I just recently added another line. I would've taken advantage of it. Maybe I should call in and buy a new line so I can get the second free?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    This promo is a little confusing.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not really you have to be on there one plan. But I'm sure simple choice users could get it to if they call in.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (Since 1994)
    Feedback Score
    Terms and conditions state that the line is not eligible for the kickback discount. Are BOTH lines not eligible? Or just the free line is not eligible?

I get that you shouldn't be eligible for a $10 credit on a line that you are not paying for. But the line that you add should be eligible, right? Otherwise, the promotion is not as sweet as it sounds...

I am thinking about adding my parents to my plan, and they are both light data users. If both lines are ineligible for the $10 kickback, then it's $20 for two lines. Without this promotion, if I added two lines at $40, and they both go get the $10 kickback, then it's $20 for two lines.

I know this might be an issue just for my scenario...but I was just wondering if anyone knew to what extent this line (or these lines) are ineligible for the kickback credit.

UPDATE: I called T-Mobile... The kickback ineligibility is only on the free line. Any line that is paid for is eligible for the kickback credit.
    Last edited by MikeekiM; 02-13-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (Since 1994)
    Feedback Score
    Another question... How does this work if I end up cancelling a line? Will I still retain the autopay credit?

Or does the answer depend on which line I cancel? If I have four lines, and I add two lines as part of this deal, then I guess if I cancel one of the two added lines, then I lose my credit, but if I cancel one of my original four lines, I get to keep my credit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
    Another question... How does this work if I end up cancelling a line? Will I still retain the autopay credit?
    No, you can't cancel any line:

"Qualifying credit and plan required; must have at least 3 full-priced lines. Credit applied to lowest cost line added while offer is available. Credit may take up to 2 bill cycles; cancel any of the paid lines and credits will stop."

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...day-offers.htm

They've always done this because they want people to add lines, not have the same number of lines they have now, but get one of them for free.

It aint where you're from, its where you're at
    Device(s)
    iPhoneX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know how long this promo will run to?
    "Ohhh, I don't know what phone they gave
    me!! It was whatever one came free with
    the plan"

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably ends today. Valentine's promo.

It aint where you're from, its where you're at
    Device(s)
    iPhoneX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was told it ends today 2/15

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can't tell from the website if it is still valid. They do have a 4 line promo for the price of 3 lines. The fine print also says that current customers can add a line and get a free line. So, it looks like there is still some variation of it. THe question is, could you port one line and get the 2nd line free? Doesn't look like it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Huh? Offering a free line is a trick? Seems like a good business model and the consumer gets a benefit. I don’t recall seeing Verizon or ATT offering a free line. The wireless industry is all about keeping customers and adding them. The problem is that all of the carriers realize that the market is saturated and they all want to buy media companies, etc. This isn’t unique to T-Mobile.
    I think he's referring to the fact that it seems like a way to artifically inflate subscriber numbers and show a growth that's not entirely accurate. I can't remember what quarter it was last year but there was something buried in the earnings that admitted 250k or so new additions were actually just free DIGITS lines for existing customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Can't tell from the website if it is still valid. They do have a 4 line promo for the price of 3 lines. The fine print also says that current customers can add a line and get a free line. So, it looks like there is still some variation of it. THe question is, could you port one line and get the 2nd line free? Doesn't look like it.
    Porting should be able to be done independent of the free line offer. In other words, if they allow you to add a free line and get a free line, they'll assign numbers to those lines upon activation and then you're always able to port in another number on either line whenever you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2