Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Get a free line is back

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    417
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Get a free line is back

    Woo hoo. Anyone can get a free line starting tomorrow.

    https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...day-offers.htm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Woo hoo. Anyone can get a free line starting tomorrow.
    It appears that it is a Buy One, Get One offer as opposed to previous promotions where T-Mobile just allowed you to add a single extra line free.

    " Just add a line to your T-Mobile ONE family plan (two or more T-Mobile ONE voice lines) and get another line of equal or lesser value free after bill credits with AutoPay. "

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,343
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Woo hoo. Anyone can get a free line starting tomorrow.

    https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...day-offers.htm
    ...and it is limited to just a subset of those on T-Mobile One.
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    164
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Woo hoo. Anyone can get a free line starting tomorrow.

    https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...day-offers.htm
    I took advantage of the prior 2 promotions and have 3 free 6GB Mobile Internet lines (being used as voice lines with Google Voice/Hangouts) on a Select Choice Family plan.

    I do not believe T-Mobile will ever bring back a similar promotion of just giving lines away for free, especially those who are not on a One plan.

    I am grateful for the deals I have gotten over the years through T-Mobile but there is now a shift in their marketing strategy. Who knows how much they profit from my plan where I pay $90 (tax included) for 9 lines of service. But, they are no longer considered a discount carrier and new customers pay a premium over those of us who have been customers for years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    417
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I agree. Not as great as the prior promotion. However some members of my family were waiting for a free line promotion and will most likely jump at this now. Plus you can also use the BOGO offer with it too which is cool.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    221
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    T-Mobile is running out of steam so they need to do this to show an increase in add ons. If there are 1 million people that add 1 line and get one free that's 2million additions. If 10 million people do this is 20 million additions. I have 3 free lines on my account and I don't need any of the 3 but I have them cause they are free. This is a trick they use to look better and it's working.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    360
    Device(s)
    Iphone 4s (16gb)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post

    I do not believe T-Mobile will ever bring back a similar promotion of just giving lines away for free, especially those who are not on a One plan.
    I hope you are wrong
    https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...59707122692096

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    164
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wacktool View Post
    I hope I am wrong too. But T-Mobile's current promotion is a BOGO deal (not just get a free line) and it only includes their One plan. A stark difference between the prior free line promotions.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    417
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    T-Mobile is running out of steam so they need to do this to show an increase in add ons. If there are 1 million people that add 1 line and get one free that's 2million additions. If 10 million people do this is 20 million additions. I have 3 free lines on my account and I don't need any of the 3 but I have them cause they are free. This is a trick they use to look better and it's working.
    Huh? Offering a free line is a trick? Seems like a good business model and the consumer gets a benefit. I don’t recall seeing Verizon or ATT offering a free line. The wireless industry is all about keeping customers and adding them. The problem is that all of the carriers realize that the market is saturated and they all want to buy media companies, etc. This isn’t unique to T-Mobile.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0

    Get a free line is back

    I got that “promo “a year ago only to find out a year later that they were charging me the line

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    453
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by robbielarios View Post
    I got that “promo “a year ago only to find out a year later that they were charging me the line
    With all carriers you have to watch your bill. We got two free lines last year, in store. It took several calls and store visits before the rates on those lines got fixed. That said we do now have two lines that are free, and our old 4 lines for $100 plan has been upgraded from 10gb to unlimited at least until next Spring.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    299
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post
    With all carriers you have to watch your bill. We got two free lines last year, in store. It took several calls and store visits before the rates on those lines got fixed. That said we do now have two lines that are free, and our old 4 lines for $100 plan has been upgraded from 10gb to unlimited at least until next Spring.
    That's definitely true. I've had to call TMobile to get the autopay discount added after it didn't show up on the bill.

    I've also had to call when the rare times happened and I was under 2gb and kickback never showed up. They fixed it fast but things can definitely happen

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ve been calling them, the told me that promo ended a “day before” i activated the line, which was absolutely not true,rep at the store even confirmed the promo when i went, had six lines with tmobile, been switching one by one to verizon, a little bit pricey but totally worth it

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,343
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    That's definitely true. I've had to call TMobile to get the autopay discount added after it didn't show up on the bill.

    I've also had to call when the rare times happened and I was under 2gb and kickback never showed up. They fixed it fast but things can definitely happen
    I had to do this in order to get auto pay as well. But the carrier missing doing this is more than made up for two instances in which I rang up $50 each time in foreign long distance on my T-Mobile account... by nothing but my own mistake! And I called them and explained and they forgave the charge each time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    I already have a free line on the on us promo. Is another free line possible? Had a friend who already had a free tried to add a free line and it was an absolutely nightmare. The original free line was no longer free and became had to call for months to get the account fixed. Not sure if I want to go through that with T-Mobile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Straight Talk's Buy One Get One Free deal is back
    By Shemek in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2015, 08:29 AM
  2. Free Fridays is back
    By rooobosmith in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 10:00 AM
  3. FREE WAP Is Back And It Ain't Waptunnel!!!
    By Techno_Gyro in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 12:10 AM
  4. FREE WAP Is Back And It Ain't Waptunnel!!!
    By Techno_Gyro in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:55 AM
  5. $9.99 Add a line is BACK!
    By Someoneonthenet in forum AT&T
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 11:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks