Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pretty much everyone thinks Verizon needs an acquisition

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Verizon has already invested heavily into entertainment by purchasing AOL and Yahoo which were combined into Oath.

The $1.5 billion agreement over a 5 years with the NFL is a head scratcher since the deal does not grant Verizon exclusive rights to wireless streaming. Other right holders such as TV can stream the games.
    What a complete waste of cash. AOL and Yahoo were useless buys, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Yep. Or replaced panels. Or new macros. Or spectrum. Almost anything you can think of related to the wireless business would have been a better use of money. But it's water under the bridge now.
    Yes more spectrum.. please! What a stupid decision they made.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7/7+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would really like to see more spectrum as well. They seem to be holding up for now, but since they made the big splash with 700 the have not done much with the exception of acquiring some mm wave. My concern around that is coverage (data speeds) in cities vs suburbs in the future. Cities will hold up, but small cell build out in suburbs could face challenges and already does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    I would really like to see more spectrum as well. They seem to be holding up for now, but since they made the big splash with 700 the have not done much with the exception of acquiring some mm wave. My concern around that is coverage (data speeds) in cities vs suburbs in the future. Cities will hold up, but small cell build out in suburbs could face challenges and already does.
    That will change over time, I personally would t buy a house in an area with poor/no cell coverage. Over time property values will be negatively impacted by lack of broadband/wireless availability and people will want the small cells added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Pretty much everyone thinks Verizon needs an acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    What a complete waste of cash. AOL and Yahoo were useless buys, in my opinion.

Yeah that but was a real head scratcher. If they did buy someone I would have liked to see them get dish. Although I’m not a big fan of lumping things together in “packages” at least That will give you both some sort of valuable entertainment platform and spectrum in one shot.

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Yeah that but was a real head scratcher. If they did buy someone I would have liked to see them get dish. Although I’m not a big fan of lumping things together in “packages” at least That will give you both some sort of valuable entertainment platform and spectrum in one shot.
    I hope some company will make something out of DISH, like what AT&T is doing with DIRECTV. It’s a humongous pile of crap right now.

Feedback Score
    I hope some company will make something out of DISH, like what AT&T is doing with DIRECTV. It’s a humongous pile of crap right now.
    Worst provider there is...along with spectrum. ZERO innovation...just milking it. Sling is JUNK only really competitive on price in my opinion. Hopper is good, but no major updates to the interface or usability lately. Spectrums “innovation” is to charge $10-$20 more for the same service with slightly faster internet...UGH. I hope T-Mobile really does disrupt the tv biz like they claim.

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Worst provider there is...along with spectrum. ZERO innovation...just milking it. Sling is JUNK only really competitive on price in my opinion. Hopper is good, but no major updates to the interface or usability lately. Spectrums “innovation” is to charge $10-$20 more for the same service with slightly faster internet...UGH. I hope T-Mobile really does disrupt the tv biz like they claim.

Hopefully so. It seems AT&T is doing pretty well with DIRECTV NOW, also. TV needs a complete makeover. Our Cox TV alone costs $188 per month, no joke.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully so. It seems AT&T is doing pretty well with DIRECTV NOW, also. TV needs a complete makeover. Our Cox TV alone costs $188 per month, no joke.

I’m at $166 right now still under TWC pricing with two DRVs (ones like a mini one)...after my year two is up I’ll be at $190. The DVR boxes are JUNK. Interface is old and dated looking, no voice command or anything. Boxes are always freezing or stalling out. It’s 2018, cable boxes should be a thing. Smart tv should have a cable app (not a box) and all recorded content should be cloud based. For non smart TVs cable co should give a free roku box at sign up or lease options with app that has access to same cloud based services.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

188 that is crazy. Here Comcast has really jacked up their internet only plans to deter cord cutting. Here they charge 100 a month for just blast internet only. Then for only 30 more bucks they give you 200 channels so you keep tv through them instead of a third party streamer.

Feedback Score
    188 that is crazy. Here Comcast has really jacked up their internet only plans to deter cord cutting. Here they charge 100 a month for just blast internet only. Then for only 30 more bucks they give you 200 channels so you keep tv through them instead of a third party streamer.
    So basically if their TV product suck, your free to take your $30 a month to direct TV now. I see this as a bone headed move as they will also now have “internet cutters” who only use unlimited LTE from their wireless co.

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    We're at $188 for TV, $99 for Internet and $25 for landline service. Yes, you saw that correctly. Landline service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We're at $188 for TV, $99 for Internet and $25 for landline service. Yes, you saw that correctly. Landline service.

That’s nuts. I went from 60.00 for Internet and 35 for directv now to 100 for Internet and 35 for directv now (go big package). Now I’m paying 135 for gig internet and 220 channels all with Comcast. So for the same price my internet went from 200Mbps to a gig, 100 channels to 220. Its all a racket. lol.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    So basically if their TV product suck, your free to take your $30 a month to direct TV now. I see this as a bone headed move as they will also now have “internet cutters” who only use unlimited LTE from their wireless co.

Yeah. Unfortunately for me for work using the slower LTE data isn’t an answer over the faster wired speeds so I’m stuck.

Device(s)
    iP7 QCOM, S8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That’s nuts. I went from 60.00 for Internet and 35 for directv now to 100 for Internet and 35 for directv now (go big package). Now I’m paying 135 for gig internet and 220 channels all with Comcast. So for the same price my internet went from 200Mbps to a gig, 100 channels to 220. Its all a racket. lol.
    Cox is a ripoff. Unfortunately, it's our only option for Internet right now. AT&T is laying conduit for fiber not too far from here. Can't wait for that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast