Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pretty much everyone thinks Verizon needs an acquisition

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Yeah. Unfortunately for me for work using the slower LTE data isnít an answer over the faster wired speeds so Iím stuck.
    What speeds are you getting via LTE? What are other providers like T-Mobile, sprint ect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    What speeds are you getting via LTE? What are other providers like T-Mobile, sprint ect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At my house I can get about 12-14 Mbps from Verizon and 18-20 from t-mobile. Not horrible but not fast and steady enough during peak hours to work reliably from home and handle multiple users at once.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Cox is a ripoff. Unfortunately, it's our only option for Internet right now. AT&T is laying conduit for fiber not too far from here. Can't wait for that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Thatís where they get you. I have 3 options. Comcast, Verizon DSL with 1.5 Mbps download or dial up( Iím just guessing on that one Iím not sure if it even exists anymore lol). Iím praying for FIoS

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    At my house I can get about 12-14 Mbps from Verizon and 18-20 from t-mobile. Not horrible but not fast and steady enough during peak hours to work reliably from home and handle multiple users at once.
    That new small cell is helping at home a little?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Pretty much everyone thinks Verizon needs an acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    That new small cell is helping at home a little?

Itís just a hair out of reach for me to pick it up at home but I did get a couple Mbps boost on the macro network that serves me from the load the small cell took off the network.

My house is in a weird spot. I constantly bounce from band 4 to band 13 and the occasional 5 bars of 3G. Which is why I got a LTE network extender. I tried WiFi calling which I do like but doesnít always kick in because of my phone bouncing so much. I wanted to just use WiFi calling but it only kicks in some of the time when my phone is on band 4. In a minute I can watch my phone bounce from 2 bars to 4 bars of band 13 back to two bars of band 4 but this time on WiFi calling then back too 4 bars of band 13. All that bouncing plays hell on the battery and call quality. Airplane mode works great to force WiFi calling and give me good battery life but several times I got called into work in the middle of the night and forgot to kick it out of airplane mode and I didnít get any calls till I remember to switch it back over or hit a WiFi hotspot.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Darn. Sorry it isn't helping more. Those things are very short range. But as you've noticed, they do offload their macro. So that's nice. I'd just like to see one anywhere in my city. Haha

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Darn. Sorry it isn't helping more. Those things are very short range. But as you've noticed, they do offload their macro. So that's nice. I'd just like to see one anywhere in my city. Haha

I no longer notice any slowdowns during the day anymore. I have a middle school not far from me that Iím guessing about 1/2 of it is covered by the small cell so that alone has given me a nice boost. If Iím home during the day tomorrow I will unplug the network extender and test it again. I havenít done much for speed tests at home since they added the microcell. Iím also wondering if some of my band bouncing in the past was capacity/congestion issues which I wouldnít have anymore with the small cell.

I really wish you could make a ďgeo fenceĒ for WiFi calling and say that if Iím in location x it will always use WiFi calling.

I always have good coverage between the two bands but sometimes call quality isnít that great since it bounces so much. On a side note their is an approved macro site about 1500 yards from my house that was approved in December of 2016 so if that ever gets built I will never have signal issues again.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I no longer notice any slowdowns during the day anymore. I have a middle school not far from me that I’m guessing about 1/2 of it is covered by the small cell so that alone has given me a nice boost. If I’m home during the day tomorrow I will unplug the network extender and test it again. I haven’t done much for speed tests at home since they added the microcell. I’m also wondering if some of my band bouncing in the past was capacity/congestion issues which I wouldn’t have anymore with the small cell.

I really wish you could make a “geo fence” for WiFi calling and say that if I’m in location x it will always use WiFi calling.

I always have good coverage between the two bands but sometimes call quality isn’t that great since it bounces so much. On a side note their is an approved macro site about 1500 yards from my house that was approved in December of 2016 so if that ever gets built I will never have signal issues again.
    .85 miles away. You'll be sitting pretty if/when that happens.

Device(s)
    iP7, GS8, Galaxy Tab S3, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thatís nuts. I went from 60.00 for Internet and 35 for directv now to 100 for Internet and 35 for directv now (go big package). Now Iím paying 135 for gig internet and 220 channels all with Comcast. So for the same price my internet went from 200Mbps to a gig, 100 channels to 220. Its all a racket. lol.
    Just got the Cox bill today. Look at that! They raised our TV to almost $200/mo. Time to get rid of Cox.Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1518536580.016487.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  40.6 KB
    --Bentley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Just got the Cox bill today. Look at that! They raised our TV to almost $200/mo. Time to get rid of Cox.Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1518536580.016487.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  40.6 KB
    Damn what a rip off

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I no longer notice any slowdowns during the day anymore. I have a middle school not far from me that Iím guessing about 1/2 of it is covered by the small cell so that alone has given me a nice boost. If Iím home during the day tomorrow I will unplug the network extender and test it again. I havenít done much for speed tests at home since they added the microcell. Iím also wondering if some of my band bouncing in the past was capacity/congestion issues which I wouldnít have anymore with the small cell.

I really wish you could make a ďgeo fenceĒ for WiFi calling and say that if Iím in location x it will always use WiFi calling.

I always have good coverage between the two bands but sometimes call quality isnít that great since it bounces so much. On a side note their is an approved macro site about 1500 yards from my house that was approved in December of 2016 so if that ever gets built I will never have signal issues again.
    Thatís what LAA And other advanced LTE technologies will do in the future . Whoever isnít within reach will benefit from load balance

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    I would really like to see more spectrum as well. They seem to be holding up for now, but since they made the big splash with 700 the have not done much with the exception of acquiring some mm wave. My concern around that is coverage (data speeds) in cities vs suburbs in the future. Cities will hold up, but small cell build out in suburbs could face challenges and already does.
    They bought tons of AWS after 700. I agree though they should of bought more Mid band spectrum just to be safe . They seem to think 256 QAM, 4x4 MIMO, LAA, CBRS, density, and mmW will be enough for awhile.

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    They bought tons of AWS after 700. I agree though they should of bought more Mid band spectrum just to be safe . They seem to think 256 QAM, 4x4 MIMO, LAA, CBRS, density, and mmW will be enough for awhile.
    Maybe I am just equating that need for spectrum to down here in Philadelphia, PA suburbs, and South Jersey. If just does not seem Verizon is being as aggressive implementing those technologies to keep up.

For the record, I do not believe AT&T is either but that is where there spectrum position seems to put them over the edge from my testing.

I still may end up with Verizon simply because of New York and Penn Station but would love for it to be killing it down here when I make the jump.

I have been trying it out for the last month again and plan is to move my main line over for another month and give it a true run as my daily driver.

Oh and my cable bill sucks too - Comcast of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    Maybe I am just equating that need for spectrum to down here in Philadelphia, PA suburbs, and South Jersey. If just does not seem Verizon is being as aggressive implementing those technologies to keep up.

For the record, I do not believe AT&T is either but that is where there spectrum position seems to put them over the edge from my testing.

I still may end up with Verizon simply because of New York and Penn Station but would love for it to be killing it down here when I make the jump.

I have been trying it out for the last month again and plan is to move my main line over for another month and give it a true run as my daily driver.

Oh and my cable bill sucks too - Comcast of course.
    Yeh I just think AT&T is at an advantage in southern NJ and Philly from both a density and spectrum vantage point . Verizon will get to 90 MHz once band 66 is more widely deployed. Sounds like theyíre not funding that area . Up here itís a different story as you know

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Yeh I just think AT&T is at an advantage in southern NJ and Philly from both a density and spectrum vantage point . Verizon will get to 90 MHz once band 66 is more widely deployed. Sounds like they’re not funding that area . Up here it’s a different story as you know
    Saw some real good tests taken out of Millville and Vineland on Reddit this morning. It can't be all bad down there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast