Thread: Moto E4 Charging Problems

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Moto E4 Charging Problems

Hi, my mom has a Moto E4 (Verizon pre-paid) that she uses solely at home on our wi-fi network for WhatsApp and Viber calls. It has been working great until a week ago.

Last weekend when I'd charge the phone, it wouldn't go past 85%. A few days later when I had to charge it again, it wouldn't go past 78%. And most recently (a couple of days ago), the max was in the 60-65 percent range according to my mother.

I haven't done anything to the phone, it's been babied and not even removed from home whatsoever. It has never been dropped. The only third-party apps installed on it are WhatsApp, Viber, and Nova Launcher.

I tried three different USB chargers and two power outlets - same results.

Any ideas??? The last thing I'll try is a complete system reset, if nothing else works.

Feedback Score
    I've been using my Moto E4 every day since I got it.
    I'm not having that problem. I take mine out with me whenever I go out.

I don't use any of the apps that you mentioned that you have on your Mom's phone.

I do use mine tethered to my Mom's Lumia 640 on T-Mobile just goofing around with it. I don't use my own cellular data.
    My Moto E4 is running on Tracfone Verizon SIM.

I almost always let it go to less than 10% to 3% then I'll charge it back to 100% overnight.

I have read posts saying that it shouldn't be charged up to 100% or let discharge lower than 20% but I've always done it this way with my phones.

I'm using a Belkin 2.4 amp charger to charge it fast.

I know that the 2 amp charger that came with the phone is good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoogyBee View Post
    Hi, my mom has a Moto E4 (Verizon pre-paid) that she uses solely at home on our wi-fi network for WhatsApp and Viber calls. It has been working great until a week ago.

Last weekend when I'd charge the phone, it wouldn't go past 85%. A few days later when I had to charge it again, it wouldn't go past 78%. And most recently (a couple of days ago), the max was in the 60-65 percent range according to my mother.

I haven't done anything to the phone, it's been babied and not even removed from home whatsoever. It has never been dropped. The only third-party apps installed on it are WhatsApp, Viber, and Nova Launcher.

I tried three different USB chargers and two power outlets - same results.

Any ideas??? The last thing I'll try is a complete system reset, if nothing else works.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4