Thread: Verizon promotion and coverage question

Feedback Score

Verizon promotion and coverage question

Hi everyone. I have 2 questions. Firstly does Verizon still have the program in place where they will pay off your termination fee for each line you port over from another carrier? Also I live in zip code 11694 which is rockaways . I live on 145 th and cronston. Does anyone have experience driving or being in a home In that area to tell me if they have good signal there. I don't want to sign up and have no coverage like with my current provider. The coverage maps are meaningless just as they were with the current provider. Thanks so much in advance everyone.

Feedback Score
    Your first question should be addressed to Verizon. For the second question there is at least one app that will show coverage in an area that is experienced by users. But somebody else's opinion is still not necessarily accurate, esp as far as indoor coverage goes. They'll likely not have used their phone in your home to know how good the reception in your house with Verizon would be.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bhp252 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have 2 questions. Firstly does Verizon still have the program in place where they will pay off your termination fee for each line you port over from another carrier? Also I live in zip code 11694 which is rockaways . I live on 145 th and cronston. Does anyone have experience driving or being in a home In that area to tell me if they have good signal there. I don't want to sign up and have no coverage like with my current provider. The coverage maps are meaningless just as they were with the current provider. Thanks so much in advance everyone.
    I believe they no longer have the $650 payment options for new customers. Although they may have something to offer you. As far as your second question, get a prepaid sim and try the service out yourself. Then you'll know exactly how the service is.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Sensorly.com and RootMetrics.com can give you an idea of what other users have found in your area but, as others have mentioned, the maps only apply outdoors.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Hi everyone. I have 2 questions. Firstly does Verizon still have the program in place where they will pay off your termination fee for each line you port over from another carrier?
    No they ended that. They have a $100 port-in credit now for BYOD and they have BOGOF promos for new lines.

Also I live in zip code 11694 which is rockaways . I live on 145 th and cronston. Does anyone have experience driving or being in a home In that area to tell me if they have good signal there. I don't want to sign up and have no coverage like with my current provider. The coverage maps are meaningless just as they were with the current provider. Thanks so much in advance everyone.
    You can sign up for a prepaid line on Verizon and test it out that way. However prepaid is deprioritized behind postpaid so it won't give you quite the same experience.

What carrier are you with now? What phones do you have now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    As far as your second question, get a prepaid sim and try the service out yourself. Then you'll know exactly how the service is.[/URL]
    It won't be exactly the same since prepaid is deprioritized behind postpaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon promotion and coverage question

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    It won't be exactly the same since prepaid is deprioritized behind postpaid.
    This is true but I have not once noticed deprioritization since day 1 of prepaid starting that (even in Detroit, MI during a major event) so I wouldn't make OP think it's automically going to happen. I'm quite satisfied with their prepaid service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    This is true but I have not once noticed deprioritization since day 1 of prepaid starting that (even in Detroit, MI during a major event) so I wouldn't make OP think it's automically going to happen. I'm quite satisfied with their prepaid service.
    OP wants to know how Verizon postpaid is where he lives and all I am saying is that prepaid can give him an approximation of what postpaid will be like. Postpaid certainly won't be worse than prepaid, but it may or may not be better than prepaid.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    https://opensignal.com/ offers a decent crowdsourced map of coverage quality

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The coverage map on Rootmetrics is also crowd sourced, but can be a bit stale. I've been updating mine locally with ground truth. You may try giving that a look for your area, as well

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    The coverage map on Rootmetrics is also crowd sourced, but can be a bit stale. I've been updating mine locally with ground truth. You may try giving that a look for your area, as well

RootMetrics is not crowdsourced. It uses its own equipment (the same devices the public uses) and personnel to test reception quality and speed

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Actually, I've used their app on multiple occasions to submit performance reports for calls, signal strength, and even speed tests. I observed that in each case, with a few tests/reports, their map updated the hex within a few hours to reflect the testing I had done.

Don't confuse their Root reports with their coverage map (which includes speed test data), the latter is very much crowd sourced.