Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone still successfully receiving AT&T's "4G"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSfan View Post
    I have an HP Veer that's actually been on T-Mo for a while now, but I've recently lost the H+ icon for the big E only. I've asked in the t-mo subgroup for input on that change.

But my question to this subgroup is,

Is anyone over here still receiving H+, from either AT&T directly or through an MVNO?

All i can find anymore is LTE ads, so I'm a little hesitant to sign it up anywhere without confirmation from a satisfied user.

Thanks for any direction to an H+ service provider for this fun little device, if i have to switch.
    AT&T has 4G and LTE as user switchable on my iPad. The problem is sometimes 4G doesn’t work while LTE does, but the opposite has been true as well in areas which have both services enabled.

AT&T doesn’t have plans to phase out HSPA+ as far as I am aware but there could also be LTE only towers as well as HSPA+ only towers in some locations. AT&T has plenty of spectrum to continue HSPA+ and LTE based services for the forseeable future.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSfan View Post
    Yes, yes i can! Maybe this freedompop is worth investigating. I can set all apn settings on this device.
    Kudos for sticking to WebOS!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yep H+ is still live in a lot of places. 2G/EDGE/GPRS was the only network on AT&T to have already been discontinued at this time. Some areas in the US though AT&T is testing LTE only.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Anyone still successfully receiving AT&T's "4G"?

I see it on occasion, but not too much. Would like to see AT&T refarm all that WCDMA spectrum to LTE, and shut down WCDMA completely. But I don’t think that’s gonna happen for a long time. Although I’m pretty sure their shrinking bandwidth on 4G, and putting it into LTE.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, S8+, and S9+
    Carrier(s)
    "The Big 3"
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    I see it on occasion, but not too much. Would like to see AT&T refarm all that WCDMA spectrum to LTE, and shut down WCDMA completely. But I don’t think that’s gonna happen for a long time. Although I’m pretty sure their shrinking bandwidth on 4G, and putting it into LTE.
    Yep. Sooner or later, AT&T is gonna have to allow VoLTE on non-branded T phones. I've got the unlocked Samsung 9+ and still no VoLTE, WiFi calling, or RCS. You'd think T would want as much traffic as possible off UMTS at this point. Especially since the vast majority of it is now on B5 only.

Feedback Score
    still getting 4G (HSPA+) using the sim from a Samsung a107 gophone on the $2 daily plan in a Samsung galaxy mega.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7, iPhone 6+, Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Yep. Sooner or later, AT&T is gonna have to allow VoLTE on non-branded T phones. I've got the unlocked Samsung 9+ and still no VoLTE, WiFi calling, or RCS. You'd think T would want as much traffic as possible off UMTS at this point. Especially since the vast majority of it is now on B5 only.
    I also wish they would get off their butts and allow VoLTE on unbranded devices. But I don't think they care about UMTS. It's great for voice (supports high bit rate codecs), equipment is probably cheaper, performs a little better than LTE in range, and still has very good speeds for most users.

Feedback Score
    4G is alive and well within the JAX metro area, but I only see it on the beaches or at events, where there's a cluster of people around. When that happens, I watch people with Sprint and Tmo waving their phones around in dysfunctional disgust due to non-operation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2