Thread: Google Pixel

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Google Pixel

A friend of mine wants to sell his Pixel for a few hundred dollars. I’ve been an iPhone user for years. I use my phone often throughout the day and use a lot of Google services so I wanted to buy the phone and play around with it and see if I can use it as my daily phone. Of course I would lose iMessage and FaceTime. However, I wanted to know how it would work on T-Mobile. I know T-Mobile has pretty much said that it works great on the network. However, I’m curious if any features are blocked or just don’t work when using it on T-Mobile. For example, I’m assuming it has Volte and visual voicemail? Those two are important to me. Is the visual voicemail bully into the dialer or do I have to download a third party app. Also, I know many years ago a lot of social media apps were substandard on Android phones compared to iPhones. Has that changed?

Feedback Score
    All features will work. Full support. Visual voicemail is built into the dialer and will just work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The only thing it won't do is band-71 and LAA but LAA isn't really "a thing" yet.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    ObeyTheLaw, I am pretty sure as an iPhone user you will love the update policy on the Pixel, or at least notice no bad change: I think the Pixels are the only Android phones that get good fast updates. The rest are ridiculously slow, even Samsung, taking months or years or never.

If you love iTunes and are invested in that, you are hosed, though. Same with iMessage and Facetime: you will be totally on the outs when you go to Pixel.

Social media? Twitter and Facebook seem OK. No idea on snapshat, Instagram, tumblr and the others.