Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Verizon locking phones this spring

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    That scenario is even more of a loss to Verizon, so yes, very much incentive to want locking added back to devices.

Another fact/memory that I forgot to mention - years way past, say 5+ years ago, Verizon actively rejected allowing unlocked devices or devices not sold in their store from connecting to their network citing all sorts of risks, but ultimately it was a cash grab - they wanted to be a part of the entire cycle of new device sale and service. Oh how things have changed over the years...

--Kidd
    The thing is if the 60 day rule is such an issue for some people they do have the option of buying straight from the manufacture in many cases. I guess if you want a LG phones you're out of luck. Apple, Samsung, Google, Motorola all sell their devices themselves.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Some people just want to take advantage of a BOGO offer then leave Verizon and basically have $1000+ phone for free they can use on another carrier? Just screw Verizon out of $1000? And we wonder why plan prices are so high. At least this way Verizon is getting 2 months of service payments
    Which is why many carriers implement the "free" phone via credits over 24 or more months. If you leave early you owe the remaining balance on the phone.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Which is why many carriers implement the "free" phone via credits over 24 or more months. If you leave early you owe the remaining balance on the phone.
    Yeah except when people add a new line then cancel an old one to get a BOGO.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    According to the Verizon policy after 60 days the lock is automatically removed. Can a phone be unlocked without any end user input?
    Not entirely correct. It will be unlocked only if the device is paid in full and only after 60 days from the purchase date. There cannot by an active Device Payment Plan on the device.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Yeah except when people add a new line then cancel an old one to get a BOGO.
    That is called false churn and the carrier can charge the remaining BOGO cost to the bill immediately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    That is called false churn and the carrier can charge the remaining BOGO cost to the bill immediately.
    But they don't and people do it all the time. Reddit Verizon board loves to encourage stuff like this an using VPNs to bypass video throttling limits and other shady activities too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Not entirely correct. It will be unlocked only if the device is paid in full and only after 60 days from the purchase date. There cannot by an active Device Payment Plan on the device.
    Wrong

Postpay Device Unlocking Policy
    Devices that you purchase from Verizon are locked for 60 days after purchase. Devices that you purchase from our retail partners are locked for 60 days after activation. After 60 days, we will automatically remove the lock. Following the 60 day lock period, we do not lock our phones at any time.

Updated on: July 19, 2019

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My apologies, my initial comment was incorrect. After more thought I verified the correct policy. Not trying to confuse anyone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    So in a nutshell, i'm selling my VZ iPhone XS that was purchased via a corporate account Sept 2018. Is it unlocked ?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoc46 View Post
    So in a nutshell, i'm selling my VZ iPhone XS that was purchased via a corporate account Sept 2018. Is it unlocked ?
    Yes, that was before july

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14