Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iphone X BOGO and gift cards

Feedback Score

Iphone X BOGO and gift cards

I usually try and stay away from purchasing my phones thru anyone but ATT but with the expense of the IPhone X for me to really want to try it i would like to see if i can combine the bogo with a gift card offer at sams (or anyone else that may do this and have a better deal).

Sams is offering $100 gift cards.

Anyone who's done it have any problems? Can you get a gift card for both phones? ( says per activation on sams website)

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Also seems under the US reseller deal i recently learned about if i put a verizon sim in the phones first they will also be unlocked?

Feedback Score
    don't latest versions of AT&T's iphones lack CDMA support ?? aren't they GSM only.

Feedback Score
    From what i gather some (Maybe all?) big box stores get US Reseller iphones and as long as you put in a verizon sim (doesnt have to have service just as long as a verizon sim) the phone will be unlocked from there on.

But yes you are correct att and tmobile phones won't work on verizon and sprint but the reverse does work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    Also seems under the US reseller deal i recently learned about if i put a verizon sim in the phones first they will also be unlocked?
    Yes, this is true if you buy your phones from Best Buy, Target or Walmart since they sell the US Reseller Flex Policy phones. Idk about Costco and Sams. If they sell for multiple carriers, then probably. To know for sure, you can buy the GSX report off of ebay for 99 cents before you activate the phone. All you need is the IMEI to get the GSX report.

Feedback Score
    I usually try and stay away from purchasing my phones thru anyone but ATT but with the expense of the IPhone X for me to really want to try it i would like to see if i can combine the bogo with a gift card offer at sams (or anyone else that may do this and have a better deal).

Sams is offering $100 gift cards.

Anyone who's done it have any problems? Can you get a gift card for both phones? ( says per activation on sams website)
    I haven't bought from Sam's but I know if you buy from Best Buy their deals stack with the AT&T BOGOF. If you are getting an iPhone 8 or 8+, Best Buy has those on sale, which is better than a gift card IMO. They are $50 off the 64GB and $150 off the 256GB models at Best Buy.

Feedback Score
    From what i gather some (Maybe all?) big box stores get US Reseller iphones and as long as you put in a verizon sim (doesnt have to have service just as long as a verizon sim) the phone will be unlocked from there on.
    The US Reseller Flex Policy phones are identical to the SIM free phones except they will follow the locking policy of whichever US carrier's SIM card is used for the initial activation. So if you use a Verizon SIM for the initial activation, the phones will be unlocked. It doesn't have to be an active Verizon SIM, it can be inactive and you can activate over WiFi.

Keep in mind though that Verizon is changing their unlocking policy and I don't know how that is going to affect the USRFP phones.

Feedback Score
    In the past when I purchased from Sam’s Club, carrier specific iPhones were in stock.

Sam’s Club offers specifies the type of stacking such as $250 gift card and waived activation fee or bogo with gift card. Without a link or flyer, no one can say for certain the conditions to the promotion which could be a regional promotion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    In the past when I purchased from Sam’s Club, carrier specific iPhones were in stock.
    You can tell by the model numbers. These are the USRFP model numbers:

iPhone 8 = A1863

iPhone 8+ = A1864

iPhone X = A1865

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Sam’s Club offers specifies the type of stacking such as $250 gift card and waived activation fee or bogo with gift card. Without a link or flyer, no one can say for certain the conditions to the promotion which could be a regional promotion.
    The AT&T BOGOF promo applies no matter where you buy the devices. You can even buy one at Best Buy and another somewhere else. You just have to upgrade and add a new line within 14 days of each other. The bill credits will be on the new line.

Feedback Score
    It lists the model as MQA52LL/A which according to this references back to the correct number for a X. https://www.iphonetricks.org/4-reaso...phone-x-model/

Thanks for the info @verizonnomore , so even if it gets screwed up somehow I should be able to get att to correct it also. Best buy has really screwed my account a couple of times and i'm not sure if i'm ready to trust them again. I did not know they were on sale but their gift card offerings were also better except you have to trade in a iphone to get the card.

For me I use sams alot so its just like cash to me. sams link is here https://www.samsclub.com/sams/iphone...ec:product:1:1

Also Target has the same offer , $100 gift card.

A little off this topic but even though i'm a android fan and hate the IOS restraints until samsung can get the performance apple is getting i just can't see buying one, and now that the S9 is sounding like the same phone basically allbeit with a 25% increase in chip perfomance they were getting doubled up on many benchmarks by the iphone 8/x and even the note 8 with the extra ram was getting blown out of the water.

Feedback Score
    It lists the model as MQA52LL/A
    That's the part number for a 64GB Space Gray iPhone X for Verizon, Sprint, SIM free and USRFP models.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info @verizonnomore , so even if it gets screwed up somehow I should be able to get att to correct it also.
    The way it works is this - for the USRFP models, the phone will follow the locking policy of whichever US carrier's SIM card is in the phone on the initial activation. If Verizon starts locking their phones and if that locking policy is implemented in Apple's activation server's database, the phone will lock to Verizon and only Verizon will be able to unlock it, not AT&T.

So far, Verizon's locking policy hasn't changed in Apple's servers, but if they go through with that they are saying they are going to do, it will eventually. For now, if you use a Verizon SIM card to activate a USRFP iPhone, it will be unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Best buy has really screwed my account a couple of times and i'm not sure if i'm ready to trust them again.
    The only problems I have ever encountered with Best Buy is if you add a line through bestbuy.com. They future date the activation, sometimes over a month later, which of course would disqualify you for the BOGOF. AT&T porting and activations department managers can override the future dating, but it is not easy to get someone who knows what they are doing on the line and if they screw up, they end up adding additional lines with different phone numbers, which won't qualify for the BOGOF.

If you go to a store to add the line, they may not let you do the initial activation with a Verizon SIM card.

A little off this topic but even though i'm a android fan and hate the IOS restraints until samsung can get the performance apple is getting i just can't see buying one, and now that the S9 is sounding like the same phone basically allbeit with a 25% increase in chip perfomance they were getting doubled up on many benchmarks by the iphone 8/x and even the note 8 with the extra ram was getting blown out of the water.
    I love my Note 8, it performs great.

Feedback Score
    I like the freedom of android, but i switched back to my S7 from a iphon6s and I immediately found some bugs that were annoying in alot of apps i use daily. That and when paying that much for a phone i really want it to be the fastest. I know benchmarks aren't the whole story but it just hard for me to ignore the amount of difference there is. I am also disappointed by the apparent lack of increased memory in the S9 unless you go with the s9+.

I was looking at the note 8 regardless because they have $250 gift cards - those would defintely be locked as the USRFP is a apple thing correct?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast