Thread: T-Mobile One hotspot

Feedback Score

T-Mobile One hotspot

So can I add a hot-spot to the T-Mobile one plan $70 for 25 more dollars and will it be fully unlimited?

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Cowden View Post
    So can I add a hot-spot to the T-Mobile one plan $70 for 25 more dollars and will it be fully unlimited?

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk
    Yes, depending on what you need/want it for. It’s not meant to be a home ISP replacement. T-Mobile has a fair use rule where if more than 50% of your data usage is via hotspot they can cancel your service. E.g. if you use 100gb total, 51gb would need to be usage on your phone. Not saying they will cancel service, but they reserve the right to.

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    People have been using couple hundred gigs without any issues so far. Although it could change in the future, but who knows.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it's fully unlimited.

I've had the $25 international add-on for about 7 months now. I use around 100GB per month with the hotspot, and another 5GB on the phone itself.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Hi i am new to tmobile. less than a week. I transfered over 4 lines from cricket. They had the phones unlocked and i am have trouble. So one is an unlocked att homebase. It appears that they are blocking this from going onto the network. Is this possible. I also brought another router modem from off of ebay and the same thing is happening. low speeds or no internet. So am i missing something here or what?

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Some routers need the APN set manually.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    Some routers need the APN set manually.
    APN was set still was .46 MBS. the one i am using states that you plug the sim in and it will pick it up still slow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    APN was set still was .46 MBS. the one i am using states that you plug the sim in and it will pick it up still slow.
    The only TMobile band that would pick up is band 2 I believe? Also I believe if you put a TMobile sim that's attached to a phone line into a hotspot router or tablet it throttles your speeds to 3g speeds. Don't quote me on the last part, but I do remember hearing something like that before.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    So when i did pay as you go i put the sim in an att homebase and i was getting like 46 mbs. so what is the difference.

Feedback Score
    So when i did pay as you go i put the sim in an att homebase and i was getting like 46 mbs. so what is the difference.
    Likely the fact that they don't overly care about pay as you go as there is a limit on how much data you can use that way, but you'd have to ask TMobile that question as I don't know the real answer. Im not positive thats the reason it's slow, it's just I remember reading that TMobile throttles phone line Sims if they are placed in a tablet or hotspot. Not to mention if you are just on the basic one plan your hotspot is throttled anyway.

As far as the home spot if it is the zte one, the spec sheet on it from zte says it supports bands 2,5 and 17 on lte. If the spec sheet is correct, The only band you'll pick up on TMobile is 2. The only place you'll get band 5 on TMobile is Myrtle Beach.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I also use more hotspot than phone data as I travel a lot between hotel's for work. Often times hotel Wi-Fi sux so I prefer to use the mobile hotspot feature.

I haven't been warned yet about violating any TOS and I subscribe to the $25 add on for my main line.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Hello Everyone,
    1st, I do NOT want to hijack this thread--so if this is to off topic--I will start a new one! disclaimer--I'm a noob!!

I bought the (data only) plan unlimited hotspot--I think it is around $95.00, from t mobile--I bought from a reseller (fleabay-$55.00)--that said, I want to put the (sim card) into a USB stick modem, and run it in a router!

I own (2) routers that are USB compatible--a Cradlepoint MBR95---and a Asus RT AC68U --any help in the best router to use, best stick USB modem would be GREATLY appreciated.
    thanks

Feedback Score

what usb modem, what router?

Hello Everyone,
    1st, I do NOT want to hijack this thread--so if this is to off topic--I will start a new one! disclaimer--I'm a noob!!

I bought the (data only) plan unlimited hotspot--I think it is around $95.00, from t mobile--I bought from a reseller (fleabay-$55.00)--that said, I want to put the (sim card) into a USB stick modem, and run it in a router!

I own (2) routers that are USB compatible--a Cradlepoint MBR95---and a Asus RT AC68U --any help in the best router to use, best stick USB modem would be GREATLY appreciated.
    thanks

Feedback Score
    Hi i am new to tmobile. less than a week. I transfered over 4 lines from cricket. They had the phones unlocked and i am have trouble. So one is an unlocked att homebase. It appears that they are blocking this from going onto the network. Is this possible. I also brought another router modem from off of ebay and the same thing is happening. low speeds or no internet. So am i missing something here or what?
    The plans are for unlimited data for phones. If they detect the device you're putting it in is a hotspot, then it does not provide high speed unlimited data.

If you have T-Mobile One with the $25 add on, then you can put the phone into hotspot mode and you have unlimited tethering.