Thread: Tmobile Unlimited data plan sim in hotspot, ipad?

Feedback Score

Tmobile Unlimited data plan sim in hotspot, ipad?

have people been with Preferred Android Unlimited, unlimited data plan able to swap the sim in a hotspot, ipad for data

in the past, it would redirect to upgrade or a similar page.
    Last edited by ahg; 02-14-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    anyone?

Feedback Score
    tmobile thread is very useless, compared to verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    have people been with Preferred Android Unlimited, unlimited data plan able to swap the sim in a hotspot, ipad for data

in the past, it would redirect to upgrade or a similar page.
    Not sure what preferred android is, but a regular voice unlimited SIM won't work, or works at 3G speeds in a hotspot or tablet. A hotspot SIM will work in a tablet, but they are all unlimited. You can use a tablet SIM with hotspot add-on in a hotspot.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    tmobile thread is very useless, compared to verizon
    Finding a T-Mobile customer who still has that ancient data plan is akin to finding a Verizon customer still subscribed to the old America's Choice II plan. I had the plan you have when I still had the myTouch 3G back in 2009 before porting out to AT&T.

You're not likely to find many here but I wish you luck. Maybe there's a person or two?
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 02-15-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Any voice plan with unlimited plan, be it old or new plan, can it be used in a hotspot, tablet etc

Att, Verizon allow it

Feedback Score
    Any voice plan with unlimited plan, be it old or new plan, can it be used in a hotspot, tablet etc

Att, Verizon allow it
    This even works while roaming internationally. I have two iPads (Mini 4 & Pro 10.5") on the Free Data For Life service. This does not work outside the US, however I also have two promo voice lines that I don't use much. I put those sim cards in my iPads and get free 256kbps data roaming while travelling. The limit of 512kbps is capped by the free roaming limit of 256k on my ONE Plus Promo, so it works great for mapping, email, etc. on the iPads overseas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    This even works while roaming internationally. I have two iPads (Mini 4 & Pro 10.5") on the Free Data For Life service. This does not work outside the US, however I also have two promo voice lines that I don't use much. I put those sim cards in my iPads and get free 256kbps data roaming while travelling. The limit of 512kbps is capped by the free roaming limit of 256k on my ONE Plus Promo, so it works great for mapping, email, etc. on the iPads overseas.
    Are you saying that the because you have TM1+ , you can use your voice lines's data at 256kbps in an iPad? Roaming limits, as I understand it, are only domestic roaming on personal accounts (not business).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    Are you saying that the because you have TM1+ , you can use your voice lines's data at 256kbps in an iPad? Roaming limits, as I understand it, are only domestic roaming on personal accounts (not business).
    A voice line sim in an iPad in the US is limited by T-Mobile to 512kbps download speeds. The same sim while overseas is restricted to 256kbps in a phone or tablet by the ONE Plus Promo restrictions. I use the voice sim in my iPads internationally, since the Free Data For Life sims I normally have in the iPads do not get service outside of the US.

I tend to us my iPads more while overseas than my phone. The fact that I can have 256k service in them for no additional charge or trouble is a great benefit to me while travelling. It works well, and is just as reliable as the phone roaming. I've used it this way for weeks in Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand.