Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Chat not available?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I wasn't implying chat only works with Chrome when I posted - that's just what I was using at that time to check. In the past I've used Firefox - but who knows what's changed since then .

Quote Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
    BINGO! We have a winner! Give that man a cupie doll! The key is that you MUST use chrome for a browser! THANKS! Re-booting, clearing cache (and I MEAN wiping it out), using Firefox, using IE... nothing.... started Chrome and low and behold the red link box shows up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The key is that you MUST use chrome for a browser! THANKS! Re-booting, clearing cache (and I MEAN wiping it out), using Firefox, using IE... nothing.... started Chrome and low and behold the red link box shows up.
    Firefox has a pop-up blocker turned on by default. Menu > Options > Privacy and Security > Block pop-up windows. You can either uncheck the box, or give exceptions. Chrome has this in a similar place, but seems to be turned off by default. I have recent installs of both current versions that would show default settings.

https://wmich.edu/helpdesk/internetdisablepopups

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Interesting, I've used FF forEVER and never realized that. Well, I may have a one time but.... Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Firefox has a pop-up blocker turned on by default. Menu > Options > Privacy and Security > Block pop-up windows. You can either uncheck the box, or give exceptions. Chrome has this in a similar place, but seems to be turned off by default. I have recent installs of both current versions that would show default settings.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Enabling popups did not work on my up to date Firefox 58.0.2, 32 bit.

Firefox has had several updates recently. Maybe they introduced a bug that causes this.

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Dunno, I'm at 58.0.2 as well but IE <shudder> wouldn't even work so I kind of dismissed FF settings.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Try on your phone Chrome just to see if the icon is visible. That way you can know it's something to do with the PC browser if not working on PC.

Dunno, I'm at 58.0.2 as well but IE <shudder> wouldn't even work so I kind of dismissed FF settings.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Firefox 58.0.2, 64-bit. Block pop-up windows is checked, the exceptions list does NOT include tracfone.

When I go to tracfone.com, then Help/contact us, the red online chat shows up on the left side of the page. Clicking it opens a chat window.

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Don't have Chrome on my phone but interestingly enough the Chat IS available on Firefox on my Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Try on your phone Chrome just to see if the icon is visible. That way you can know it's something to do with the PC browser if not working on PC.

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Interesting. I even restarted FF in "Safe" mode - no there on my Win 10 laptop -

Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post
    Firefox 58.0.2, 64-bit. Block pop-up windows is checked, the exceptions list does NOT include tracfone.

When I go to tracfone.com, then Help/contact us, the red online chat shows up on the left side of the page. Clicking it opens a chat window.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post

I just re-checked my PC Chrome and it does have pop-ups blocked. Does not stop the chat button though.

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I thought maybe it was just my system so I went on my wifes system - same thing - no red chat button in FF or IE. So, then I brought up one of our backup machines (all up to date winblows 10 systems with FF 58.0.2, 64-bit) - nada there either. But, I got it done with chrome so all's good..

Went as smooth as silk. Transferred Sky to LG Rebel 3 #1, then transferred Rebel 3 #1 to Rebel 3 #2, then Rebel 3 #2 back to Sky. All went off without a hitch - happy camper here for at least a couple of years.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Don't have Chrome on my phone but interestingly enough the Chat IS available on Firefox on my Sky.
    I checked Chrome on a couple of phones, and it has the Chat box. Don't all Android phones came with Chrome?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This issue cropped up for me a while back when using FF on my PC, I found that if I expanded the window just a slight amount the chat link popped up. That said and this was in regard to a PC and not android, it has not been an issue for me for some time now so probably not a solution.

FYI:
    If you liked the old Fire Fox then you might like WaterFox, it is the splitting image of FF and I can use my favorite add-on Tab Mix Plus and a bookmarks side bar, which I like. Imports all your FF bookmarks and passwords, etc., I can't tell a difference.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I nuked it. Firefox bigot.

I checked Chrome on a couple of phones, and it has the Chat box. Don't all Android phones came with Chrome?

Device(s)
    Samsung Sky (SM-S320VL)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No chit?!? I used to use Bluemoon (stripped down FF) but they nuked support for a LOT of addons with 58. I'm gonna have to investigate WaterFox, THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    If you liked the old Fire Fox then you might like WaterFox, it is the splitting image of FF and I can use my favorite add-on Tab Mix Plus and a bookmarks side bar, which I like. Imports all your FF bookmarks and passwords, etc., I can't tell a difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast