Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tracfone Chat not available?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I went to the support/contact us page on TracFone website with my phone Chrome browser and the red chat link was there now . Note their hours - the link isn't visible off hours. I wouldn't bother starting a chat for anything significant after 10PM EST because you may get dropped like a hot potato mid-chat when it's close to closing time.

Chat is available from 8AM - 11:45PM (EST) 7 days a week
    I know this is an old thread but it saved the day for me.

Windows 7 with FF 65.0.2 did not work. IOW no red chat box. I disabled my blocker but still did not work. Maybe vers 66.0.2 would work, I don't know.

Found this thread & got out my trusty Chromebook and it worked.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I went to the support/contact us page on TracFone website with my phone Chrome browser and the red chat link was there now . Note their hours - the link isn't visible off hours. I wouldn't bother starting a chat for anything significant after 10PM EST because you may get dropped like a hot potato mid-chat when it's close to closing time.
    Nope. Tried accessing their site with that abomination known as GoogleChrome, during active hours, and STILL no active "online chat" link. I guess TracFone figures if they don't make any support options active, their support will have zero complaints...

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jelabarre59 View Post
    Tried accessing their site with that abomination known as GoogleChrome, during active hours, and STILL no active "online chat" link. I guess TracFone figures if they don't make any support options active, their support will have zero complaints...
    Worked for me at 9:10PM CDT 5/16/19, using Chrome. Chat link was there.

Name:  Tracfone-Chat-on-Chrome.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  32.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Worked for me at 9:10PM CDT 5/16/19, using Chrome. Chat link was there.

Name:  Tracfone-Chat-on-Chrome.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  32.4 KB
    Me too, about half hr later. The thing I noticed, using Chrome on my 10.5 inch tablet, I had to touch the right side of the page and slide it to the left before the Chat button appeared along the right margin. Not below the the chat dude as in your screenshot.

Name:  Screenshot_20190516-202327_Samsung Internet-640x400.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  45.8 KB
    Last edited by cv91913; 05-16-2019 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Feedback Score
    On my Windows 10 PC, Chrome and FireFox will not show the chat icon ........ but Edge and IE will ......... maybe you're onto something . And yes, I did disable ad blockers.

EDIT: Solution to Firefox not showing TracFone chat icon on PC is in the next post.
    Also for Chrome on PC, I did the following at it now shows the icon:
    From chrome browser while at https://www.tracfone.com/contactus click the padlock icon to the left
    of the link in Chrome url window, then click Cookies, then Blocked tab, then find tracfone.inq.com , Click Allow, then Done and reload the page. Icon should be visible now.

Quote Originally Posted by jelabarre59 View Post
    Nope. Tried accessing their site with that abomination known as GoogleChrome, during active hours, and STILL no active "online chat" link. I guess TracFone figures if they don't make any support options active, their support will have zero complaints...
    Last edited by tfusr19; 05-17-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    StymiedToo's solution fixed why I wasn't seeing the TracFone chat icon using Firefox ..... I had to switch to Standard .......
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...0#post17070820

On my Windows 10 PC, Chrome and FireFox will not show the chat icon ........ but Edge and IE will ......... maybe you're onto something . And yes, I did disable ad blockers.

Feedback Score
    Firefox turns on tracking protection by default in recent versions, I think. Another way to get the chat link back is to click on that little grey and white shield at top-left in the address bar, then click on 'disable protection for this site'. This also works for sites that require to you disable ad blockers to read the news or whatever.

Name:  tf1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  tf2.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  36.8 KB

Feedback Score
    removed duplicate post

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I like your solution as it's limited to the site of interest and it did work for allowing the TracFone chat icon to be visible .

Quote Originally Posted by oax View Post
    Firefox turns on tracking protection by default in recent versions, I think. Another way to get the chat link back is to click on that little grey and white shield at top-left in the address bar, then click on 'disable protection for this site'. This also works for sites that require to you disable ad blockers to read the news or whatever.
    Last edited by tfusr19; 05-17-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3