Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dual Sim phone that can do CDMA (Verizon) & GSM (AT&T)

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    The now discontinued ZTE Axon 7 is dual sim and supports Verizon's CDMA network. I ran one on Verizon for a year without problems. There are some downsides though. Since this isnt a Verizon approved handset, if you try to make changes to your account either in store or over the phone they will be rejected because of this. You will have to place your Verizon sim in a Verizon phone for changes to go thru. Also, you wont get VoLTE anymore, which, to me, was a disadvantage vs the nice clear sound on VoLTE calls.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The Leeco Le Max2 is a dual sim phone that says it can do Cdma and GSM simultaneously.

Letv Le Max 2 X829 LeEco Max2 5.7" 2K IPS 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 4G LTE Snapdragon 820 Quad Core 21MP OTG Touch ID CellPhone DHL shipping 5-10days(Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714JQG9C..._mW4BBbXDVFN3A

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Check Amazon the Moto Z3 international.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
    Since this isnt a Verizon approved handset, if you try to make changes to your account either in store or over the phone they will be rejected because of this. You will have to place your Verizon sim in a Verizon phone for changes to go thru. Also, you wont get VoLTE anymore, which, to me, was a disadvantage vs the nice clear sound on VoLTE calls.
    Not having VoLTE is a time bomb when Verizon shuts down CDMA end of next year. If the Axon 7 is not VoLTE capable, even a swapped Verizon SIM is not going to help. The good sound is from HD Voice, and not just VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Some of the recent Umidigi A1 Pro Chinese phones running android 8.1 are dual SIM and the specs show CDMA compatibility. They do sell them on Amazon. You can always return it if it doesn't work. I usually don't trust the specs on a Chinese phone.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by munkala; 09-02-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten a dual sim phone? Wondering if you can use a CDMA sim and a GSM sim? Does it work?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    In Canada many of the old CDMA / GSM phones would only do CDMA in North America & GSM in rest of world (despite having appropriate bands, something in carrier software or firmware prevented the GSM from being used here)
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Feedback Score
    Oneplus 6t is Verizon compatible and dual SIM except for T-Mobile version.

But probably only voLTE for Verizon.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

iphone baby.....iphone xs, xs max..

Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    Oneplus 6t is Verizon compatible and dual SIM except for T-Mobile version.

But probably only voLTE for Verizon.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app
    Hey again Apple flexed the muscle with carriers. Now we have iphone supporting CDMA Verizon and LTE plus an Esim for ATT or other....let's see if Android phones in US now follow suite with flurry of dual SIM for USA markets.

Feedback Score
    Chuck,
    Yes there is model A2017U AXON7, and I am doing exactly what you have requested. With an existing VZW activted SIM, you can put the VZW SIM in SIM1 slot and it will light up on vzw, you may have to manully add apn in mobile network settings, google it and it works great. As a twist, today I activated a RED Pocket CDMAV SIM for VZW using another phone I have IMEI, and everything even hotspot works on vzw.
    SIM2 slot only works on the GSM carriers, ATT, and TMo. Both SIM slots support 4G LTE and are dual Standby. There isnt but handfull of phones in the world that do all the above with vzw functionality. Mi MIx 2S, Mix3 maybe Iphone XR, XS, X max. $300 AXON 7 vs $1000+ Iphones
    Last edited by markgmobile; 03-10-2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: adding more info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markgmobile View Post
    Chuck,
    Yes there is model A2017U AXON7, and I am doing exactly what you have requested. With an existing VZW activted SIM, you can put the VZW SIM in SIM1 slot and it will light up on vzw, you may have to manully add apn in mobile network settings, google it and it works great. As a twist, today I activated a RED Pocket CDMAV SIM for VZW using another phone I have IMEI, and everything even hotspot works on vzw.
    SIM2 slot only works on the GSM carriers, ATT, and TMo. Both SIM slots support 4G LTE and are dual Standby. There isnt but handfull of phones in the world that do all the above with vzw functionality. Mi MIx 2S, Mix3 maybe Iphone XR, XS, X max. $300 AXON 7 vs $1000+ Iphones
    I'm using oneplus 6T which is verizon certified. You can get the tmobile one and debrand it thru an easy flash and have dual sim but you will need an unlock from tmobile or third party to use another sim

it does use CDMALESS profile ...not Verizion is no longer activating CDMA phones anyway.

Another option is Blackbery Key II. It's verizon certified.

Feedback Score
    Blu Vivo XI, Blu Vivo XI+, Nokia 7.1, and Oneplus 6T are Verizon certified dual SIM devices.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/feat...locked-phones/

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bhmm2000 View Post
    Hey again Apple flexed the muscle with carriers. Now we have iphone supporting CDMA Verizon and LTE plus an Esim for ATT or other....let's see if Android phones in US now follow suite with flurry of dual SIM for USA markets.
    Yes, Apple should be mentioned, though it does use an eSIM for the second SIM, also the Pixel phone has a similar set up. While the Pixel eSIM works identically, for some reason some carriers don't actually "support" the Pixel, though you activate it the same way.

Personally, I have an iPhone with a T-Mobile line on the eSIM and Xfinity (Verizon MVNO) in the physical SIM slot.

Device(s)
    Samsung S7 Edge, S6, S5, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9 + (T-Mobile), S8+ Duos (Intl), S7 Edge International Gold (Unlocked), Samsung S6 U
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    "
    "
    Personally, I have an iPhone with a T-Mobile line on the eSIM and Xfinity (Verizon MVNO) in the physical SIM slot.
    I had a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Duos on both Verizon and T-Mobile (both postpaid). I couldn't believe that it received a call on the Verizon number. It has no CDMA built in. It did not work like that until it got this years updated. It will only use LTE 4G on one SIM and use UMTS on the other SIM.

Both SIM's were active per Network Cell Info Lite and LTE Discovery.

Sent from my SM-G930V using HoFo mobile app
    =========================
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2