Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Anyone heard of Wing Alpha?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    47
    Feedback Score
    0

    Anyone heard of Wing Alpha?

    I’m gonna try this Sprint MVNO and wanted to know if anyone has used it or been using it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,685
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffy123 View Post
    I’m gonna try this Sprint MVNO and wanted to know if anyone has used it or been using it.
    Seems like they're still in beta, but the pricing looks pretty good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    47
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well I’m gonna give them a try and update the thread since I don’t see anything really about it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    47
    Feedback Score
    0
    Update: Activatation was simple and fast. So far internet speeds and signal have been great. Better than my previous carrier T-Mobile.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    47
    Feedback Score
    0
    Name:  70BF0E41-8940-4898-8CE7-1116651B55BC.jpg
Views: 5269
Size:  21.7 KBName:  70BF0E41-8940-4898-8CE7-1116651B55BC.jpg
Views: 5269
Size:  21.7 KB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,478
    Feedback Score
    0

    I usually don't care for exclusive Sprint mvnos ... but...

    Reading about their cs and it sounds like it's up there where Airvoice used to be. Great CS is the one thing that is missing from almost all carriers, postpaid or not. Might be their ace in the hole considering how unimpressive overall Sprint is for an mvno offering.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,931
    Feedback Score
    0
    It is super-professional site and content design.
    I think it is a calculated attack on Ting.
    It advertises Sprint features that other Sprint mvno's do not have.
    Sprint is probably unhappy with Ting over GSM and has got somebody to do go after it and take as many of its customers as possible back to Sprint-only safety.
    One person on Reddit found fingerprints of Charter Spectrum and also notes WING might be a reference to Red Wing, MN where the company has or had some offices, and ALPHA could be saying this is an alpha test pilot project.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Took a longer look at the site. I'm impressed that every question I could think of was answered in the FAQ. Except I didn't find if taxes & fees are included. Although the current plans don't beat RP 360 day plans this LOOKS like Wing would hold your hand, so might be a good replacement for dullards.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,931
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Took a longer look at the site. I'm impressed that every question I could think of was answered in the FAQ. Except I didn't find if taxes & fees are included. Although the current plans don't beat RP 360 day plans this LOOKS like Wing would hold your hand, so might be a good replacement for dullards.
    I found this:
    Are there taxes and fees?
    We don't believe in hidden fees here. You'll only be charged for taxes and fees based on where you live.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I found this:
    Are there taxes and fees?
    We don't believe in hidden fees here. You'll only be charged for taxes and fees based on where you live.
    Everything I read on their site was straightforward except this.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,685
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    It is super-professional site and content design.
    I think it is a calculated attack on Ting.
    It advertises Sprint features that other Sprint mvno's do not have.
    Sprint is probably unhappy with Ting over GSM and has got somebody to do go after it and take as many of its customers as possible back to Sprint-only safety.
    One person on Reddit found fingerprints of Charter Spectrum and also notes WING might be a reference to Red Wing, MN where the company has or had some offices, and ALPHA could be saying this is an alpha test pilot project.
    They're a startup run by some angel investors.

    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ching-november

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,931
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    They're a startup run by some angel investors.

    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ching-november
    Very good!

    "Arabov said Wing is backed by angel investors, though he didn’t provide details."

    Of course those unnamed angel investors could be anybody, conceivably including people with ties to Sprint or its parent or to other industry players.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Interesting, anyone else try them? Strongly considering Pixel 2 on Google Fi, but this may be a better value option.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,685
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffy123 View Post
    Well I’m gonna give them a try and update the thread since I don’t see anything really about it.
    What are the taxes and fees like?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,947
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    It is super-professional site and content design.
    I think it is a calculated attack on Ting.
    It advertises Sprint features that other Sprint mvno's do not have.
    Interesting, because they would be using Ting's old 2012/13 billing approach to do it. Ting isn't offering throttled data if you hit your cap, they just bump you up to the next tier, where Wing offers
    Before you reach your data limit, you’ll receive several notifications from us letting you know how much you have left. You can also set data alerts through the Wing app.

    When you’re at your limit, you can easily upgrade to the next plan, but if you choose not to, we’ll provide 2G speeds until the cycle ends. This way you're never left without a connection.
    I would say Twigby is the one in their sights and not necessarily Ting since I don't see where Wing allows sharing.

    I have to wonder if Its On (Zact) is somehow involved, they also had "dynamic pricing" and since Sprint only leased their technology and VM Custom/Data Done Right is a distant memory, it is now just sitting?
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone heard of SGH-S300?
    By e39ng in forum Samsung
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 02:25 AM
  2. Anyone heard of Southern Linc?
    By Booder1 in forum Regional Providers and Other Providers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2002, 07:40 PM
  3. Anyone heard of Southern Linc?
    By Booder1 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2002, 02:08 AM
  4. anyone heard of MICRON TECHNOLOGIES?
    By mushax in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2002, 05:43 AM
  5. L G phones... Anyone heard of them?
    By n8o8k9i0a in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-07-2001, 08:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks