Thread: Grandfathered 50$ UDP

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Grandfathered 50$ UDP

Quote Originally Posted by mrperkster View Post
    But you have 1) deprioritization 2) hotspot throttle to 600kbps after 15GB ... is that really worth $24 savings? I guess if you don't use much data, it might be. For me personally? No - freaking - way.
    Agreed. Only bad thing is the video throttle, but everyone has it. I’ve mulled over paying the $10 charge but it’s just as easy to connect to a VPN to get around it. Plus, I have an iPhone 8 which doesn’t stream in 1080p and it’s been reported the feature will be refused to be put on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedis View Post
    Agreed. Only bad thing is the video throttle, but everyone has it. I’ve mulled over paying the $10 charge but it’s just as easy to connect to a VPN to get around it. Plus, I have an iPhone 8 which doesn’t stream in 1080p and it’s been reported the feature will be refused to be put on.
    Yeah, I have access to several VPNs that I pay for every year anyway. So that part is easy and not an issue for me personally. I suppose it's a consideration if one doesn't have said access but VPN services are pretty cheap now. A couple bucks a month will do the trick, less than one of the BS "fees" added to your Verizon bill.

I've seen countless people give up their old gUDP to save a few bucks and nearly all of them regret it afterwards, at some point. Maybe not right away (after all, seeing that first bill and the savings is addictive) but down the road when they realize what they've given up and perhaps a use case arises where that old gUDP would have been REALLY handy. But they can't go back ...

That's not to say that people shouldn't do the math and do whatever is best for their particular use case and situation. Plenty of people were paying $100 or better per month when they could have got by for far less with their limited usage and may have benefitted greatly from the unlimited voice minutes and text messages, for example, which I do not get with the gUDP. I don't need or require them, but some do.

Feedback Score
    I just found a way to avoid the 20$ price increase. Anyone with gudp wanting to avoid the increase message me. Also found a cheaper hotspot option as well that is compatible with gudp

Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    But you have 1) deprioritization 2) hotspot throttle to 600kbps after 15GB ... is that really worth $24 savings? I guess if you don't use much data, it might be. For me personally? No - freaking - way.
    In my area, I haven't noticed much of a difference. Network either works great or it crawls. My experience hasn't changed. I was averaging north of 30GB; probably 15-20, now. Only time my data spiked is when I went to see my family (no one there has internet access). I'll take the $17. I only used the hotspot a few times and that hasn't changed since I switched plans.

To each, his own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle221995 View Post
    I just found a way to avoid the 20$ price increase. Anyone with gudp wanting to avoid the increase message me. Also found a cheaper hotspot option as well that is compatible with gudp

People, be careful here. I have already voiced my concerns that this guy is suspicious. Look at his posting history. I would not get involved with this guy if I were you.

If his methods can't be posted publicly and you have to PM him to get the secret method, I wouldn't do it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2, dropped one to go to Total Wireless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    People, be careful here. I have already voiced my concerns that this guy is suspicious. Look at his posting history. I would not get involved with this guy if I were you.

If his methods can't be posted publicly and you have to PM him to get the secret method, I wouldn't do it.
    Agreed 100%.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post

Because I have been searching for a way to avoid spending more money? How does that make me suspicious? I'd really like to see how you come to your conclusions. Look at my other posts, I've also been looking to get international data. I don't get where you get the conclusion that I am suspicious. This post has gotten 1k views in 3 days. Obviously others want to do the same thing I'm doing which is avoid an increase for something we actually use unlike yourself.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is the $30 hotspot add on still available for the gUDP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    Yes it is, message me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    Yes, you can add it via My Verizon. And it is pro-rated still, meaning you can add it for a day and drop it when/if you don't need it, paying only for the day(s) you use.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Grandfathered 50$ UDP

Yes it is, message me

I just sent you a message.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can add it via My Verizon. And it is pro-rated still, meaning you can add it for a day and drop it when/if you don't need it, paying only for the day(s) you use.
    Thanks! Are you able to do an assumption of liability on these plans still?

Feedback Score
    as far as i knew last , it required a business account and i beleive that it already have one such plan but i can not say for certain. I believe it is mush more difficult if not impossible than it was for sure.

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone who has been impacted by the price hike on their grandfathered unlimited data from 29.99 to 49.99 respond to this with how many lines you had impacted by the increase

Four lines, I dumped the gUDP last year when the price hike hit on Oct.
    Was being hit with $80 on my bill.
    I actually saved money going from the gUDP to the fUDP.
    Ignoring the hike ($80) I save about $15 on my account.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast