Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is Saturation Coming to A (your) Town near you!?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score

Is Saturation Coming to A (your) Town near you!?

Topic I posted on a competing forum.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1519690193.186188.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  126.3 KB

Hey guys what's happening...

I've been with Magenta nearly 3 and a half years now. I left AT&T after 10 years and switched right as the glory days were reaching a peak. I can remember one of their print slogans especially resonating with me "Release the Data Hounds".

I mean what company says that sort of thing 🤷🏾*♂️. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of being with T-Mobile back then and still do. However, I think one would have to turn a willing blind eye to say that things aren't ever so slightly changing with the uncarrier.

You won't find slogans like the above mentioned anymore, lol for starters. The deals are still good for "new" customers, but not as aggressive as the recent past.

Then lastly, I've started to notice at my home saturation is starting to settle in...

When I first joined speeds were regularly in the 30Mbps - 40Mbps range. Essentially, they've been reducing by roughly 10Mbps per year. Up until the point you see in my OP (I ran the test 3 times in a row with similar results). This has been exacerbated by a COR Store being built right down the street.

The speeds have not affected practical use, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't concerned...

So, with all that said I figured I would start this thread, so that others could report similar conditions and noticed remedies, if any.

THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BASH T-Mobile, so let's make it a constructive and productive topic!!!

Thanks!!!
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I’ve not noticed that, but any “saturation” will be short lived with 5G almost here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by p6B5Nm5b; 02-26-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It's never been about one individual being able to get unbelievably fast speeds. It's about 1000 individuals being able to do what they need to do.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    GS9 Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've been with every national provider. I can tell you at some point they all have peaks and valley's in terms of data performance.

T-Mobile is not immune to congestion. Depending on where you live someone will experience congestion and hate life while others will rave about throughput performance.

That is why LNP is great. If one starts to suck you can port out to another then come back when the cycle restarts.

I've experienced congestion near my office late last year but now the area is twice as fast as before and density is better than ever.

Most of what I do on my mobile I can do just fine with 3 Mbps down for the most part; some much less and other stuff much more. I tend to stay away from "speed tests," unless I am experiencing an issue.

I'm excited about T-Mobile's Band 71 rollout, more HSPA<LTE refarming, small cells, LAA etc. Having more avaialble lanes for LTE almost always makes the experience better all around.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has been consistent in the Chicago area the last few years. The city has been a train wreck, and the suburbs have remained fast all this time.
    They've been densifying a lot in the city but it's barely catching up with demand. It's very easy to tell where they have higher market share just driving around cuz the speeds are garbage in those areas.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No issues in SE Florida and Band 71 will be here in the 2H of this year. Then 5G in early 2019.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Per Ookla and Root Metrics, T-Mobile is getting faster on average, but in the age of unlimited, there will always be areas that hit congestion until a fix is delivered (whether that be increase backhaul, 4x4 MIMO, 256 QAM, sector split/add, new LTE band/spectrum, small cell, etc)

To the OP: If that's what your speeds are regularly, expect them to be working on a fix, especially if there's a COR store. Around here they make sure their stores are well covered and get good speeds. Luckily you're in an area with lots of spectrum, so their hardware investments really pay off there. I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice your usability affected.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    We have been dealing with congestion in Clearwater, especially during drive times. In downtown Safety Harbor service is junk over the past 6 months. When I log into T-Mobile site they claim they cover 100% of Tampa and cover more than Verizon and AT&T ( which is a lie) I have been testing AT&T's network with Cricket and even though they cap the data the network more even than T-Mobile.

On January 23 on Main Street Safety Harbor I got no signal inside Starbucks and 'No G' outside and phone was useless, I have complained via twitter but nothing resolved yet

Name:  IMG_0690.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0716.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  Tampa.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  81.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Topic I posted on a competing forum.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1519690193.186188.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  126.3 KB

Hey guys what's happening...

I've been with Magenta nearly 3 and a half years now. I left AT&T after 10 years and switched right as the glory days were reaching a peak. I can remember one of their print slogans especially resonating with me "Release the Data Hounds".

I mean what company says that sort of thing 🤷🏾*♂️. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of being with T-Mobile back then and still do. However, I think one would have to turn a willing blind eye to say that things aren't ever so slightly changing with the uncarrier.

You won't find slogans like the above mentioned anymore, lol for starters. The deals are still good for "new" customers, but not as aggressive as the recent past.

Then lastly, I've started to notice at my home saturation is starting to settle in...

When I first joined speeds were regularly in the 30Mbps - 40Mbps range. Essentially, they've been reducing by roughly 10Mbps per year. Up until the point you see in my OP (I ran the test 3 times in a row with similar results). This has been exacerbated by a COR Store being built right down the street.

The speeds have not affected practical use, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't concerned...

So, with all that said I figured I would start this thread, so that others could report similar conditions and noticed remedies, if any.

THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BASH T-Mobile, so let's make it a constructive and productive topic!!!

Thanks!!!
    I think you're just too emotional, wide_ open?

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    We have been dealing with congestion in Clearwater, especially during drive times. In downtown Safety Harbor service is junk over the past 6 months. When I log into T-Mobile site they claim they cover 100% of Tampa and cover more than Verizon and AT&T ( which is a lie) I have been testing AT&T's network with Cricket and even though they cap the data the network more even than T-Mobile.

On January 23 on Main Street Safety Harbor I got no signal inside Starbucks and 'No G' outside and phone was useless, I have complained via twitter but nothing resolved yet

Name:  IMG_0690.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0716.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  Tampa.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  81.3 KB
    I’ve escalated to someone I know. So should be resolved soon hopefully. Let us know if you see a change soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    I’ve escalated to someone I know. So should be resolved soon hopefully. Let us know if you see a change soon.

Thanks

I was there this morning and phone went between no service and showing signal but no data at all, I tried a call and the call quality was so garbled I had to hang up, hopefully your contact will figure it out

Device(s)
    iP7, GS8, Galaxy Tab S3, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile gets quite congested here in Oklahoma City, especially during peak hours and around busy shopping plazas/malls.

We're quite short on spectrum here, too. Only 15 MHz (and 5x5) of AWS-1 and 10 MHz of PCS. 15 MHz of 600 MHz has also been acquired, but I don't see this being deployed anytime soon.

We don't have any 700 MHz.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I think you're just too emotional, wide_ open?

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    Lol... Could be, but I digress.

I can confirm that band 5 & 4 (which I'm primarily on @ home) are definitely both saturated.

I'm still good as I get 5-10Mbps but, I'm watching with keen interest to see if speeds go North or South... So far it's been all South.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1519773864.154012.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  156.6 KB

This is what the spectrum holdings for T-Mobile in Atlanta/Suburbs look like.

Device(s)
    iP7, GS8, Galaxy Tab S3, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Lol... Could be, but I digress.

I can confirm that band 5 & 4 (which I'm primarily on @ home) are definitely both saturated.

I'm still good as I get 5-10Mbps but, I'm watching with keen interest to see if speeds go North or South... So far it's been all South.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1519773864.154012.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  156.6 KB

This is what the spectrum holdings for T-Mobile in Atlanta/Suburbs look like.
    Band 5? T-Mobile only owns an 850 license in one South Carolina county in the entire US.

Sent from my Qualcomm iPhone 7 Plus on Tapatalk
    Last edited by BentleyBeard; 02-27-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolthead View Post
    Thanks

I was there this morning and phone went between no service and showing signal but no data at all, I tried a call and the call quality was so garbled I had to hang up, hopefully your contact will figure it out
    Welcome. Check next week if anything. I know what the experience is like. I had the same issue when I visited Florida and was in a restaurant by the window. It was annoying as hell. I forgot what they say the issue was but I think the cell site needed an upgrade or something.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast