Thread: Issue receiving phone calls

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score

Issue receiving phone calls

Having an issue receiving phone calls from 2 different numbers that worked in the past. The calling receives generic error message " This call can not be completed as dialed"

2 business lines from same business in 2 different states. area code 610 (Pa) and area code 410 (Md) same business

They can not call our cell phones 315 area code cell phones (Ny). As a test they tried to call another att cell phone on another att account same results. Those numbers calling have not seen any other issues. They called a landline 315 and a vz 315 area code line without issues

I contacted att they don't see an issue. Who's issue is it?

Feedback Score
    have them try dialing 1+area code - then try the number.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Yes tried that.... thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    I contacted att they don't see an issue. Who's issue is it?
    That will be tough to solve, sounds like it is an issue with the callers and not likely your phone unless you blocked those phone numbers from your handset (even if by accident). Let us know what you find out.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Yes no blocks. Even tried having those numbers call another att cell number (same area code as ours) on another account. So not an account issue on our phones. A mix of android and apple phones.

It seems the issue is the sending land lines. Att told me they did not see those numbers coming in on our account. They said that means the sending phone never sent it out not a transfer issue to our phones.

My uneducated guess even though the sending numbers are in different states they are using the same telephone company and for some reason not routing calls properly to att cell phone numbers at least in my 315 area code. I would assume the sending numbers can"t connect to any att 315 cell phones. Att promised to escalate the issue. If they determine its not on their end do they contact the sending numbers carrier and say " You need to fix your system it's not sending right to our phone numbers" or does att say " Not our problem? "

Is it something that fixes its self or does something need to be done to fix the issue? The wife needs those landline numbers to be able to contact her in order to do her job.

Feedback Score
    Yes no blocks. Even tried having those numbers call another att cell number (same area code as ours) on another account. So not an account issue on our phones. A mix of android and apple phones. It seems the issue is the sending land lines. Att told me they did not see those numbers coming in on our account. They said that means the sending phone never sent it out not a transfer issue to our phones. My uneducated guess even though the sending numbers are in different states they are using the same telephone company and for some reason not routing calls properly to att cell phone numbers at least in my 315 area code. I would assume the sending numbers can"t connect to any att 315 cell phones. Att promised to escalate the issue. If they determine its not on their end do they contact the sending numbers carrier and say " You need to fix your system it's not sending right to our phone numbers" or does att say " Not our problem? " Is it something that fixes its self or does something need to be done to fix the issue? The wife needs those landline numbers to be able to contact her in order to do her job.
    try some of the tips listed here - https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1062174 if none of these work then you may have to wait and see what AT&T does

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Its not an issue with receiving phones. Three different phones two different att accounts. The receiving phones working fine with other phone numbers

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Could be a landline issue from the other callers, they might have to talk to their landline carrier for troubleshooting. Not sure that At&t will be able to resolve it on your end if other callers have no issue sending to your mobile #.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Could be a landline issue from the other callers, they might have to talk to their landline carrier for troubleshooting. Not sure that At&t will be able to resolve it on your end if other callers have no issue sending to your mobile #.
    I can only hope att can resolve this.... the callers in question will not take the time to look into the issue.... ugh.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can only hope att can resolve this.... the callers in question will not take the time to look into the issue.... ugh.
    My point is that you do not know it is At&t's fault and I won't pretend to know otherwise. Just offering an honest opinion on the matter.

You already stated that when you spoke with At&t that they couldn't find any issues on their end. No guarantee that At&t can do anything to solve the issue.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    I agree I don't think att is at fault here.

Just nothing more I can do if the callers won't take up this issue on their end. The callers are just callers not tech support. My wife works for the same company but in an office in our area code. She has no issues making calls to our cell phones. Wife made a call to tech support... they claim the call has to come from effected area in order to investigate .... gotta love big companies....

Maybe it's something that will fix it's self