Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PagePlus rolling out VoLTE / HDVoice / Visual Voicemail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I just noticed on the Page Plus website that they have a VoLTE compatibility checker.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/network-changes/
    Good find. Just saw it. Someone posted it on a Tracfone thread....maybe it was you. They should put that on the Home page. If someone doesn't need Support they'll never see it. Also went into chat quick to ask them...and guess what. Most CSRs still claim PP doesn't support the VoLTE feature and we know they have since 2018.

Sorry...repeated some of the same to your post above. Didn't see it was you lobo. Getting late.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. I've ordered a new SIM card. Let's see if that does the trick.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    I just noticed on the Page Plus website that they have a VoLTE compatibility checker.

it does say January 2020 so must rolling out in stages, my iPhone 8 gets a thumbs up.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    it does say January 2020 so must rolling out in stages, my iPhone 8 gets a thumbs up.
    Unfortunately, my dad's iPhone 5S isn't VoLTE compatible. Oh, well, it will be 3-1/2 years old by the end of 2019, and he'll be 84, so it will probably be time to get a bigger screen phone by then anyway!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flavioguy View Post
    Thanks for the input. I've ordered a new SIM card. Let's see if that does the trick.
    It's not the SIM card itself, but the provisioning of VoLTE with an activation. Hopefully, the linking of a new SIM to the account will allow that.

Feedback Score
    It's not the SIM card itself, but the provisioning of VoLTE with an activation. Hopefully, the linking of a new SIM to the account will allow that.
    Wouldn't all current SIMs be provisioned for VoLTE by default ? Or do you mean the provisioning happens automatically only if it's a VoLTE capable phone ?
    When I activated 3 recent phones I knew were VoLTE capable I never mentioned anything to the CSR about provisioning for VoLTE; but all activated fine with VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Wouldn't all current SIMs be provisioned for VoLTE by default ? Or do you mean the provisioning happens automatically only if it's a VoLTE capable phone?
    The VoLTE provisioning comes from the account, and is not pre-built into a SIM. Many on TracFone have used old triple minutes (TMFL) SIMS and now have VoLTE. These SIMs came out long before VoLTE was offered. Of course, it will fail if the phone itself is not capable. Once the account sees that there is a capable phone, then the SIM is marked as such. The SIM is a bridge between the account and the phone.

Not sure why some active phones got provisioned automatically, while others need a workaround. A friend's phone on PPC did auto-upgrade, and he did not even know it. Was enabled for HD Voice and Visual Voicemail as well. I noticed it when finally getting VoLTE service and seeing the HD symbol on the call screen. And the clarity of the call!

Feedback Score
    New SIM card inserted and activated.......still no VoLTE. I did insert the phone number at a PP website and it confirmed the phone is capable of VoLTE and got, "Great News, your current phone is compatible with the upcoming Page Plus VoLTE network.
    We look forward to continuing to serve your wireless needs."
    So....I get I'll just have to wait until it's turned on? Weird....we have two phones with PP and the Motorola G5 plus, VoLTE is functioning, the Samsung 5 is not.

Feedback Score
    New SIM card inserted and activated.......still no VoLTE. I did insert the phone number at a PP website and it confirmed the phone is capable of VoLTE and got, "Great News, your current phone is compatible with the upcoming Page Plus VoLTE network.
    We look forward to continuing to serve your wireless needs."
    So....I get I'll just have to wait until it's turned on? Weird....we have two phones with PP and the Motorola G5 plus, VoLTE is functioning, the Samsung 5 is not.
    Did you, or can you, go into that *#*#4636#*#* menu to turn on the feature (don't recall what it's called in there).
    I think I had to even do that on my unlocked E4 to get it to activate VoLTE in addition to the Enhanced LTE on switch under the Cellular Networks settings.

Feedback Score
    RPZ1...Thanks....I haven't heard of that instruction. Is there a website that gives more info? I don't want to screw up the phone....

Feedback Score
    RPZ1...Thanks....I haven't heard of that instruction. Is there a website that gives more info? I don't want to screw up the phone....
    It was in I believe another forum; maybe Tracfone. Not a specific thread title but in some discussion about VoLTE. I came across it when I was doing research to get my VoLTE phones. I'm sure someone that reads this will point you in the right direction. Maybe just stick that code in search in here or a google search.

EDIT: Just found this through search if the link works it will get you in the general area. There was a later discussion to. And again, someone else that read this can offer more info.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17009889.
    Also read that menu doesn't come up on some phones.

Feedback Score
    I gave it a try and the code works on my Moto phone (which is already functioning with VoLTE) but does not work on the Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Does anyone know of a code that works with the Galaxy 5 phone?

Feedback Score
    I gave it a try and the code works on my Moto phone (which is already functioning with VoLTE) but does not work on the Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Does anyone know of a code that works with the Galaxy 5 phone?
    Is the Galaxy S5 a Verizon branded phone? If so, it will not work with the dialed *#*#4636#*#*. Not sure of any alternate code methods.

Feedback Score
    Also what's the specific model number of your S5 ? How did you determine you don't have VoLTE ? Did you call your Moto to confirm you really don't have LTE voice ? Double check it's turned on under Cellular networks? Turn the phone off, pull the SIM, SIM back in, turn it on, make a call again?
    Unless the specific model doesn't have Enhanced calling (ie VoLTE, HD voice). I activated a MOTO, LG and Alcatel on PP; 2 using a Tracfone/Vzw SIM from BestBuy (same as a PP SIM) and all activated fine with VoLTE. I have noticed that sometime when just starting up, my LG will grab a regular 1x CDMA signal before going to LTE voice.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    On my Samsung Galaxy S5 when I try to turn on the service ("Upgrade service to HD voice and Video calling."), I get a "My Verizon" dialog box. Obviously I don't have a "Verizon" account so when I hit "activate" I get "We encountered a problem" message.
    As I explained in post #41, I had this same issue with my Verizon LG G2 (also one of the first VoLTE-capable phones). I think the VoLTE can only be activated in these phones by Verizon itself (still with difficulty), but not by MVNOs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast